Dear Community Managers!

I'm a very new player, having recently come to WOW and Warmane specifically. To provide some context for my question, I have found myself frequently derided, ridiculed and sometimes excluded from dungeons for this.

My question is about levelling up and random dungeon participation generally. My experience has been that there are often long, long wait times for random dungeons, often over an hour. Most frequently groups seem to be waiting for a healer, a tank or both. As good as the questing system is, random dungeons provide the most xp / min and have the sometimes questionable benefit of sharing the time with other, supposedly like minded people.

I recently started a shammy and spec'd heal in the hope that I could get more groups, more frequently. I've been queuing dungeons checking both the damage and the heal boxes, as they are available and I seem to be capable of both.

Got a Random Dungeon group as a dps and there was a move to exclude me from the group, because of my selected talents, even though the group had encountered no problems. In fact my healing ability saved the group from wiping.

My first question is, is it against Warmane policy for a heal spec character to queue for random dungeons as dps? I was recently informed by ingame support that me doing this "should not be possible."

As such, my subsequent questions are - if I should only queue as per my spec, 1. where does a level 30 character get the gold to frequently change spec? & 2. if the suggestion is I stick to queuing as per my spec, is it Warmane's intent to exclude capable characters and so support the long wait times for random levelling up dungeons?

I don't wish to be banned out of ignorance : )

Best regards,

S.