1. Looking for decent Frost PvP players

Hi guys!

Totally hyped to start my new frost pvp dk. I’m now looking to learning from some experienced guys that made it work here in warmane. Now I know frost isn’t as viable as unh so save it - I like frost better and that’s what I’ll play. I’ll mostly play world pvp and bgs with the casual 2v2 arena sessions. Could you guys give me links to armorys of some experienced and skilled frost players so I can check them out and their specs and gear?
    Also I think I will donate 2-3-4 items - weapons and trinkets. For sure I’ll get me 2x verdicts but I’m not too sure about weapons .. Havocs, Bloodvenom blade or Wf t2 axes ... I wont play any pve with the hero and the reason I’m unsure about this is that WF axes 264 ilvl are relatively easy to get (1900 rate in 2s) so Is getting 2x furious axes via points a good option for starting?

Thanks for your help in advance ! :)
    Edited: November 23, 2019

2. i've been around so i can try to answer your questions, https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#jf0oZG0etmrckbucuzNof0Mh you want to use something like this for 2v2 as frost,1 point at scent of blood is a must, also dont think that you will hit 1.9k in 2v2 as frost easily playing casually with furious axes on this server, you will need good hpala and communication with him to do it, can be really very very hard doing that with any other combo, but dcp is playable, you'll want around 1.3k resil for world pvp bg's and 2's with dcp, and around 1.2k resil playin with hpala, dont get attached to traditional arena spec, you might wanna consider going for rune tap for 1v1 and stuff. Talkin about wepons, both will do the job very well, i've seen glads fdk's with havoc's and with wf axes as well, personally im not a fan of havoc's (agi and haste is a waste) and it makes it much easier to hit high resil with pvp wepons, wepons are really important for fdk to do damage so my advice would be to donate for 2x wf t2 axes. If played right, fdk can be extremely effective in 2's, but when you hit 2k rate everybody will spam dispel on your frost fever and kite you when you have full RP and looking for frost strikes, you will feel like **** trying to catch these guys and not being able to apply frost fever forever unless you have them in hungering cold but they will rotate their cd's so it becomes really hard to land a kill even in hungering cold at high rates and you are usually forced to attack without frost fever doing way less dmg and you will be forced to tank these 6.8k gs SM warrs in frost presence and unbreakable armor until you wait for hungering cold and can attempt to do something. However fdk sometimes can still be more fun then unholy, its easier to blast somebody out and those one second kills when your pala gets someone in hoj are really fun, at lower rate you can catch a lot of opponents unprepared for fdk and not expecting the kind of burst it can make, but as i said 2k+ and everybody will know what you gonna do and it can really become very frustrating, also when you get a grip of it you may try playing 3v3 as fdk/prot war/hpala, that combo can be very fun and effective in 3's, but takes some practise of course. Ahhh.. if only we had 3.3.5b patch, we'd love to play frost :D But if you want you can play frost and have a lot of fun its no problem, just find a pocket healer for bg's ;)

3. i've been around so i can try to answer your questions, https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#jf0oZG0etmrckbucuzNof0Mh you want to use something like this for 2v2 as frost,1 point at scent of blood is a must, also dont think that you will hit 1.9k in 2v2 as frost easily playing casually with furious axes on this server, you will need good hpala and communication with him to do it, can be really very very hard doing that with any other combo, but dcp is playable, you'll want around 1.3k resil for world pvp bg's and 2's with dcp, and around 1.2k resil playin with hpala, dont get attached to traditional arena spec, you might wanna consider going for rune tap for 1v1 and stuff. Talkin about wepons, both will do the job very well, i've seen glads fdk's with havoc's and with wf axes as well, personally im not a fan of havoc's (agi and haste is a waste) and it makes it much easier to hit high resil with pvp wepons, wepons are really important for fdk to do damage so my advice would be to donate for 2x wf t2 axes. If played right, fdk can be extremely effective in 2's, but when you hit 2k rate everybody will spam dispel on your frost fever and kite you when you have full RP and looking for frost strikes, you will feel like **** trying to catch these guys and not being able to apply frost fever forever unless you have them in hungering cold but they will rotate their cd's so it becomes really hard to land a kill even in hungering cold at high rates and you are usually forced to attack without frost fever doing way less dmg and you will be forced to tank these 6.8k gs SM warrs in frost presence and unbreakable armor until you wait for hungering cold and can attempt to do something. However fdk sometimes can still be more fun then unholy, its easier to blast somebody out and those one second kills when your pala gets someone in hoj are really fun, at lower rate you can catch a lot of opponents unprepared for fdk and not expecting the kind of burst it can make, but as i said 2k+ and everybody will know what you gonna do and it can really become very frustrating, also when you get a grip of it you may try playing 3v3 as fdk/prot war/hpala, that combo can be very fun and effective in 3's, but takes some practise of course. Ahhh.. if only we had 3.3.5b patch, we'd love to play frost :D But if you want you can play frost and have a lot of fun its no problem, just find a pocket healer for bg's ;)
    Hey man! Thank you for the thorough answer <3 I’m new to the class, my main is arms warrior and I also play my rogue from time to time, so I know how melees work in general, but DKs, their rotations and runes/runic power usage is still a bit foggy to me. Could you provide some general tips when it comes to rotation and priority in PVP as Frost ( I know rotation and pvp are contradictory most of the time but hey im that new xD)

Also, only 3 points in virulence in unh tree and rest in blood, correct? And no howling blast?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions it is really appreciated info like that is not so east to get by nowadays, not much out there on the internet. Gotta go to the vets. :)

4. No problems :D i personally love howling blast just need to be careful not to break hungering cold with it and you have both enemy in cc, yes you need only 3 points in virulance from unholy tree tbh, frost dk is similiar to plate rogue :D howling blast can be very effective in world pvp and bg's it can crit highly as well, actually its easy to do damage as frost as with retri pala, keep frost fever on your target (no need for PS unless you tunelling somebody) and try to burst him down spamming FS when you have full RP and preferably death verdict proced. for frost stat priority is str str str, you wont have too much utility in your gear anyway because you are forced to play high resil, also try to use your unbreakable armor and you have both verdicts proced you will get insane strenght buff, also try to avoid haste, obliterate is also not very useful for doing damage. With frost you generally want to stack your RP up and wait for a good moment to try to land a kill, its very important to stay near your target so having pala freedom you when you are going to do damage can be gamebreaker. Best way to kill somebody is to get him in hungering cold then have your pala hoj him and then spam FS he will die in 1-2 seconds sometimes even from full HP, Howling blast is useful when you finish your RP by spamming FS then you use it and sometimes its all whats needed to finish somebody off, also it can be cast long range so good when you have opponent on a run, however if you have two guys in hungering cold you will want to use obliterate to not get another enemy out of cc, obliterate gives a lot of RP if i remember right it will give you enough RP for one more FS which is sometimes all thats needed to finish that warrior off while his hpala is still in CC. Also hungering cold can be used defensively as well, to give your healer some time to regenerate mana for example
    Edited: November 25, 2019

5. It's worth to mention that for each extra player that is beeing hit by howling blast you generate 5 additional runic power through chill of the grave.
    In large scale fights that really excels.

For 2s I'd use this spec https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#j0ehZG0etIrckbucuzAoc
    You can also put 7 points in UH for imp deathgrip but you don't need ravenous dead. These 3 points are better invested in the blood tree.

6. It's worth to mention that for each extra player that is beeing hit by howling blast you generate 5 additional runic power through chill of the grave.
    In large scale fights that really excels.

For 2s I'd use this spec https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#j0ehZG0etIrckbucuzAoc
    You can also put 7 points in UH for imp deathgrip but you don't need ravenous dead. These 3 points are better invested in the blood tree.
    So, Howling blast is worth having even for 2s (Ive seen quite a lot frost dks I thought are quite skilled pass on it) and just 3 points in Killing Machine is enough?
    And isn’t it more reliable having 1 point in Scent for blood and maxing out Bladed Armor? Thank you all guys, all tips are highly appreciated by me!

7. So, Howling blast is worth having even for 2s (Ive seen quite a lot frost dks I thought are quite skilled pass on it) and just 3 points in Killing Machine is enough?
    And isn’t it more reliable having 1 point in Scent for blood and maxing out Bladed Armor? Thank you all guys, all tips are highly appreciated by me!
    HB is optional in 2s.. Usually you want to use your runes for x2 plague strike and x2 chain of ice because it generates the most rp and opponents tend to spam dispell 24/7 so you have to constantly reapply your dots.
    Obliterate or howling blast are only used to finish the opponent off. Obliterate deals more dmg to clothies while HB is better against plate opponents.

I prefer to have 3 points in Scent for blood because when a arms warr tunnels me in 2s that extra rp can be really useful.

8. For build, something like this is what I used to use as frost: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jbh...uzAZf0M:kN0zVM
    Basic playstyle is too pool RP and unleash hell with frost strike spam. In arena, a very basic gameplan can go something like grip + strang + trap + fear/hoj/cyclone/hex from your healer on opposing healer and then ams to avoid cc/ibf to avoid stuns and kill the enemy dps when your trinket procs under unbreakable armor.
    There's not really a concrete build on what you absolutely need to use, you can change talents on what you need/preference, but try getting Scent of Blood, full on Chill of the Grave and at least 4/5 Killing Machine. I really liked the reduced grip for more freedom on grip for interrupts and peels, but you can easily max scent or put pts into icy reach, w/e really. howling is not worth taking in 2s, it's fine in bgs. Deathchill can also be an optional talent if you don't find yourself using it enough or needing it for the kill. For glyphs, frost strike and hc are a must; 3rd can be any utility, chains of ice adds good damage for your chain spams, ams is awesome to go rambo or against shatterplay/rp, strang is situational, and also obliterate if you find yourself using it a lot (you usually wouldn't), disease in 1v1 can also be good for squeezing more death strikes.

As for weapons, it's up to preference tbh, but to me pve weps and gemming more resi is the way to go because of the higher weapon damage.. even though agi is a mediocre stat, it should be better because of the higher base dmg you get from frost strike.

Overall it's a fun spec for sure. Slightly less "depth" than UH, but has its place and you can totally play it. Just keep in mind that good players are aware of what it does and you can get spam dispelled and/or kited/disarmed and lose all your damage much faster than uh since you depend more on melee range.

9. For build, something like this is what I used to use as frost: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jbh...uzAZf0M:kN0zVM
    Basic playstyle is too pool RP and unleash hell with frost strike spam. In arena, a very basic gameplan can go something like grip + strang + trap + fear/hoj/cyclone/hex from your healer on opposing healer and then ams to avoid cc/ibf to avoid stuns and kill the enemy dps when your trinket procs under unbreakable armor.
    There's not really a concrete build on what you absolutely need to use, you can change talents on what you need/preference, but try getting Scent of Blood, full on Chill of the Grave and at least 4/5 Killing Machine. I really liked the reduced grip for more freedom on grip for interrupts and peels, but you can easily max scent or put pts into icy reach, w/e really. howling is not worth taking in 2s, it's fine in bgs. Deathchill can also be an optional talent if you don't find yourself using it enough or needing it for the kill. For glyphs, frost strike and hc are a must; 3rd can be any utility, chains of ice adds good damage for your chain spams, ams is awesome to go rambo or against shatterplay/rp, strang is situational, and also obliterate if you find yourself using it a lot (you usually wouldn't), disease in 1v1 can also be good for squeezing more death strikes.

As for weapons, it's up to preference tbh, but to me pve weps and gemming more resi is the way to go because of the higher weapon damage.. even though agi is a mediocre stat, it should be better because of the higher base dmg you get from frost strike.

Overall it's a fun spec for sure. Slightly less "depth" than UH, but has its place and you can totally play it. Just keep in mind that good players are aware of what it does and you can get spam dispelled and/or kited/disarmed and lose all your damage much faster than uh since you depend more on melee range.
    Gear-wise what off-parts do I need? Know I'll only play pvp so I won't have any PvE gear. Also what is the best trinket I can get with vote points from the shop as I'll only get one DV for now? Also, what do you guys think of skipping "Annihilation" talent?

Pls advice
    Edited: November 26, 2019

10. Gear-wise what off-parts do I need? Know I'll only play pvp so I won't have any PvE gear. Also what is the best trinket I can get with vote points from the shop as I'll only get one DV for now? Also, what do you guys think of skipping "Annihilation" talent?

Pls advice
    You would usually want PvE neck, cloak and rings as the PvP alternatives give attack power and not strength.

Cloak: Winding Sheet (Rotface 25HC)
    Neck: Penumbra Pendant (RS 25HC) / Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard (hit alternative)
    Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Might (Ashen Verdict reputation)
    Ring 2: Skeleton Lord's Circle (GS 25HC) (expertise) / Might of Blight (armor penetration)

However, you can do completely fine with the wrathful off parts when starting off because of the extra resilience. Only piece I'd highly recommend are Apocalypse Advance feet from RS25HC as you can meet your soft melee hit cap with this item only + talents. This, along with ashen ring, will net you enough hit for most racials and for spells. You can also get the ICC BoE trash ring (Ring of Rotting Sinew) for the time being as this will work just fine too.

As for trinkets - I'd rather buy Darkmoon Card: Greatness with in-game gold. The trinket has very good sync with DV and has the perfect stats/procs for a PvP DK.

I wouldn't skip annihilation because of the flat 3% crit you get on whites/melee specials and the times you do end up using obliterate for extra damage. There are better talents to skip, but again, you can always try it yourself.

11. You would usually want PvE neck, cloak and rings as the PvP alternatives give attack power and not strength.

Cloak: Winding Sheet (Rotface 25HC)
    Neck: Penumbra Pendant (RS 25HC) / Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard (hit alternative)
    Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Might (Ashen Verdict reputation)
    Ring 2: Skeleton Lord's Circle (GS 25HC) (expertise) / Might of Blight (armor penetration)

However, you can do completely fine with the wrathful off parts when starting off because of the extra resilience. Only piece I'd highly recommend are Apocalypse Advance feet from RS25HC as you can meet your soft melee hit cap with this item only + talents. This, along with ashen ring, will net you enough hit for most racials and for spells. You can also get the ICC BoE trash ring (Ring of Rotting Sinew) for the time being as this will work just fine too.

As for trinkets - I'd rather buy Darkmoon Card: Greatness with in-game gold. The trinket has very good sync with DV and has the perfect stats/procs for a PvP DK.

I wouldn't skip annihilation because of the flat 3% crit you get on whites/melee specials and the times you do end up using obliterate for extra damage. There are better talents to skip, but again, you can always try it yourself.
    What is the hit cap for frost PvP having 3% from dual wielding talent? As you’re half a caster as DK (I might sound ridiculous but I’m a hardcore melee player lol) I know it’s usually 5% for melees but I’m not sure that Frost dks clasify as ordinary melee ... I thought I’d go with 1 wf and 1 rele rings cuz I’m too lazy to farm reputation but I guess I’ll have to in order to skip buying pvp rings that don’t give str or hit.. and will simply play with rotting sinew & ashen verdict combo until I get my hands on apocalypse advance.