1. Holy priest. Advice needed

Hi, I am from a group of 4 people, who will start playing wotlk from scratch. I decided to be a healer in our group and holy priest seems like a good idea.
    However last time i've played wow was in 2010 and I cant barely remember anything. Could you guys share some good holy priest guides, especially talent tree building? Also found this guide https://holyfirespec.blogspot.com/20...-guide-32.html should I consider following it?

2. For questing, that guide is fine.
    If you're interested in a guide that will help you learn how to heal, have a look at this one: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=380470
    Also, it is completely OK to eventually dual-spec both Discipline and Holy. This allows you to be a versatile healer and able to bring what your group needs. Healing dungeons and whatnot at max level, too, you may find Discipline easier to get into since it has better mana efficiency when your gear is weak.

3. For questing, that guide is fine.
    If you're interested in a guide that will help you learn how to heal, have a look at this one: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=380470
    Also, it is completely OK to eventually dual-spec both Discipline and Holy. This allows you to be a versatile healer and able to bring what your group needs. Healing dungeons and whatnot at max level, too, you may find Discipline easier to get into since it has better mana efficiency when your gear is weak.
    Wow, thanks very much! Just clicked on that link, hands down best in depth guide I ever seen, a lot of effort here, definitely gonna read it through.

Was kind of disappointed with people’s attitude towards holy priest, and I did play with google keywords, couldn't find anything positive about hpriest. So seeing post like this kind gave some fresh air regarding hpriest. However while no gear, you would recommend disc as well?

4. People are generally negative about HPriests because it's the hardest healer to be effective with. It's much more skill-based than any of the other healer specs. Which means there are not very many people who are good at it, and most people only see the people who are not good at it. Or they just see that the spec is not very common and assume it's bad. But once you get good at it, people will love you. They'll even beg you to play it.

When you have no gear, I kinda would recommend Discipline, yes. As I said above, the main reason for that is because of mana efficiency. It's a big deal, especially when you're healing scrubs that take more damage than they should. You can utilize the spec until you get geared enough to play Holy without constantly sucking on mana fumes and drop it from there, if you wish. Or you can hang onto your Discipline spec so you can be more versatile as a healer. That choice is up to you. Don't treat Discipline as a shield spammer and you'll be fine, the gameplay is not super different from an HPriest if you don't shield spam only.

5. Thank you, Mercy, very much appreciated!