1. Curiosity about Cataclysm

I was wondering about what happened to the Cataclysm server, the download option is still available but I can't open or log into it and there's nothing talking about the Cataclysm server in the forums. If there is something on the forums pertaining to the Cataclysm server, I'd appreciate a link to it(I haven't found anything myself).

2. They closed it down months ago. The population was very low and the decision was made. It's an unfortunate turn of events but there was no reason to keep it alive. I believe same will happen to outlands soon.

3. It was all good until Hijack. Previous and current staff had a fight? Then half of them took the database and others took the server or something. Then it was ruined.

4. I would gladly play prot warrior pvp <3

5. It was all good until Hijack. Previous and current staff had a fight? Then half of them took the database and others took the server or something. Then it was ruined.
    Nah, only that Hermes guy went with some friend , rest of the crew stayed here.

6. Honestly, I think Cataclysm had low population because no one wanted to play an expansion that has a lower population than WotLK, therefore the result would be even lower population, a never ending cycle. We can see he same thing happening to MoP and TBC.

Imagine a new player coming here just wanting to play WoW for free, yearning for that old experience blizz no longer offers, he comes here, sees the population, and naturally he decides to play an expansion that has the biggest population, and so the lower pop expansion suffers even further, eventually even the hardcore players play less and less because it is slowly getting boring playing with the same people or waiting for hours to find a group for something, leveling becomes boring because you don't see any people along the way, so no one even levels anymore, and so the server dies.

But if Cata were now presented as a new and cool expansion, attracting many people and making more than one server, maybe it would survive, it all depends on how it is presented.

7. Cata had bugs and mostly negative reviews online on youtube.

8. Thanks everyone, I was out of the loop for a while.
    ... New question now though, why is the Cataclysm download option still available? hehe

9. Thanks everyone, I was out of the loop for a while.
    ... New question now though, why is the Cataclysm download option still available? hehe
    Well there is no need for them to remove it.

10. yeah! its true! it was all good that molten days, when the hijack happen, poof! characters all gone. although they give free max character with decent gear. it never feels like the same before.

11. People talking about low population on Cata. But during Molten it never had low population. That low population thing happened after hijack i guess.