1. Serious problems with tanks and RDF/Raid

When I que with my 4 tanks daily RDF I get instant invite and do them very fast. Then I que with my Mage and it takes me longer to do RDF with mage then 4 chars before it. It is all due to high population with low percentage of tanks and heals (but tanks esspecially). So this needs to be balanced out. More people need to be encouraged to make a tank or OS tank. The same thing is with raids. In pug if tank leaves the raid for some reason you can call it Raid Over for sure.

My suggestion is to make RDF Heroics to give 4 EOF to Tank, 3 EOF to heal and for DPS the same (2) for first daily RDF. And not to be permanent, just make it like this for 3 months or so. That way more people will role tanks and heals and generally there will be more tanks on server. After 3 months pass we can disable this feature and see the result.

I think noone would dislike it, not even the DPS people, because from now on they will get fast RDF invites and get their daily EOFS in no time.

2. You'll just get more DPS that queue as tank and just annoy everyone with either dying, not holding agro or both.
    You can't force people to play something they don't want to, everyone wants to play a warrior and cleave all day long, let them, they can wait.

3. Giving more rewards would only create situation where tanks gear faster, resulting in less tanks playing RDF. And it wouldn't create more tanks, just make existing drain out faster.

Biggest problem is general annoyance with threat, you get 3 dps in dungeon and 2 of then have no idea what is Threat and how to manage it. Every a-hole attacking different target, cant give 5 secs to collect mobs... and then they complain why there are no tanks. Literally every tank ever wants to GTFO of RDF farm ASAP, just do it for daily EoF's.

4. EoFs are non-transferrable so this would serve no purpose other than speeding up the gearing process for tanks. People won't roll tank just because they get 1 extra EoF. What will happen though is DPS ticking the tank box and attempting to tank with dps gear/spec.

5. EoFs are non-transferrable so this would serve no purpose other than speeding up the gearing process for tanks. People won't roll tank just because they get 1 extra EoF. What will happen though is DPS ticking the tank box and attempting to tank with dps gear/spec.
    those can be kicked

6. RDF cross-realm?
    How does cross realm fix anything though?
    If Lord has 5 tanks, 5 healers, and 50 dps queue up at the same time, you'll have 5 groups with 35 dps left waiting.
    If Icecrown has 5 tanks, 5 healers, and 50 dps queue up at the same time, you'll have 5 groups with 35 dps left waiting.
    Now mash those two together, you have 10 groups with 70 dps left waiting.
    Random numbers but the basic concept is;

A shortage of tanks or healers is a shortage of tanks or healers, whether it's individual servers or cross realm. Implementing cross realm doesn't magically add more tanks or healers to the game. Sure, they're added to the pool of available players in queue, but there's also a proportionate amount of dps also thrown in that pool.

7. How does cross realm fix anything though?
    If Lord has 5 tanks, 5 healers, and 50 dps queue up at the same time, you'll have 5 groups with 35 dps left waiting.
    If Icecrown has 5 tanks, 5 healers, and 50 dps queue up at the same time, you'll have 5 groups with 35 dps left waiting.
    Now mash those two together, you have 10 groups with 70 dps left waiting.
    Random numbers but the basic concept is;

A shortage of tanks or healers is a shortage of tanks or healers, whether it's individual servers or cross realm. Implementing cross realm doesn't magically add more tanks or healers to the game. Sure, they're added to the pool of available players in queue, but there's also a proportionate amount of dps also thrown in that pool.
    Yeah you got a point there. But it also depends on the ratio of each server.

8. Tanking and healing are not fun roles to play. According to my friend, who plays a prot warrior, it's extremely stressful. As a tank, you have to know all the tactics for tanking every boss you'll ever consider. If your dungeon/raid wipes, the group will usually blame it on the tank(s) and/or healer(s) not doing their job. DPS doesn't involve as much strategy; lots of players play it as "just do damage, kill the boss, win". They don't want to take responsibility of keeping everyone alive as a tank or healer, whereas DPS are pretty much expendable. That's why there's a shortage in healers and tanks, but not DPS. How to fix it is beyond me...

9. It can't really be fixed. Like you say, people either don't want the responsibility or have tried and aren't interested in the stress and *****ing that come with it, even more so in private servers. Giving better rewards isn't going to encourage people or make the ones that ***** at tanks and healers stop.

10. You best option is to have alt account with all tanks and main without tanks.

I always queue duo - playing as tank and my alt dps is on /follow & passes on all DE/Greed loot to make it somewhat fair.

If people don't like it, I leave with both toons then they have to leave too and wait another 30m in queue to get tank - so no one even complains about it.

11. ok so, i've seen this problem many times when trying to find an rdf group, so here are a few suggestions:

1st: as you all stated tanks and healers are scarse, so be patient. i've never EVER seen an rdf finder take longer than 14 mins on icecrown server, which might look like a long time, but its not that much of a deal. just do other stuff while you wait. quests? farm mats? or jump in a major city if you prefer...
    2nd: since there are not many tanks or healers, they get instant pops on rdf. just make a spec and get some gear for that role (paladins, druids, warriors, shamans, priest and dk's can all do this). if you still want to farm dps gear, just spam rdf. not only will you be able to farm 2 specs at once, but you will also get a ton of emblems and rep while doing so.
    edit: yes i am aware of the "ninja looting" stuff. so if you're doing this, ask before you roll "need" on a dps item if you're tanking/healing. worst case scenario you will just have to keep spamming rdf and/or buy dps gear with emblems.
    3rd: this might be obvious, but a lot of people dont actually do this: search in GLOBAL for an rdf group!. its the easiest way to find what you're missing, and while you search you can queue with the group you have and follow what i said on the 1st point.

on how to increase the ammount of healers and tanks on the server, that is quite tricky. yes tanking can be boring at times, and yes healing might be hard and full of pressure, but tanks and healers are often the quickest ones to gear up, which might be an insentive for others to make tank or healing specs and they are also the most valuable specs for a raid (if 1 tank dies its usually a wipe, if 1 healer dies it can lead to a wipe... if a dps dies you just carry on) so performing well on those roles will often make you more noticable and get you more invites into groups and raids than performing the same manner as a dps would.
    Edited: December 9, 2019

12. It's the same everywhere else. Healers and especially tanks can hear easier and faster. Tanks are less "fun" to play to folks and playing it comes with more responsiblity. Look at any ICC 10 alt run - you will often see them looking for 2 tanks and they are already 8/10. I believe the scarcity motivates new tanks just enough and this shouldn't be changed.

13. Easy, just do call of arm system like bliz does, give some gold bounty like 200 / 300 gold and it will be fine..

14. If you guys dont find tanking fun do try tanking as a bear druid.

I did a lot of pala tanking back in the day and it did seem like a bit of a chore, but now i opened for myself a magical world of maulswipe-roflstomp, and i ll never tank with any other class again.