1. Shadowmourne Players in Low-Gear Battleground

Earlier today, an Orc Death Knight with Shadowmourne appeared in the low-gear bracket for battlegrounds. Despite having the ridiculous 284 weapon, 5 pieces of 264 gear, and 2 pieces of 232 gear, they were placed into the low-gear battleground bracket and amassed an outrageous 36+ killing blows. This is likely because the rest of their gear were very low item level, probably keeping them below an overall item level of 232. There's obviously a problem with this; such an unfair advantage should not be possible.

I propose that any player equipped with any item of level 270 or greater will automatically be entered into the high-gear bracket, regardless of overall item level. I say 270 specifically for the fact that Wrathful Gladiator's gear is item level 270 and requires upwards of 2300 arena points to purchase. With that many arena points, they're obviously adequately geared to fight in the higher-gear PvP bracket.

This change will ensure players in the lower bracket can't be unfairly killed by another player with a Best in Slot or similar piece that gives them a large, definitive advantage. It will also still allow players with moderate 264 gear (like the Medallion of the Alliance/Horde) to participate in the lower tier battlegrounds, as long as they meet the existing criteria. This change will maintain fairness in battlegrounds and should be seriously considered, and hopefully implemented.

2. I agree. This shouldn't be possible. I guess gearscore is not the best thing to differentiate brackets as one can easily change GS while keeping great DPS power.

Or at least not GS alone.

3. I've heard you can enter low-gear bracket even if you're full heroic geared. All you need to do is leave your gear in bank, then when que pops you pick it up, equip it and enter. Haven't tested it myself tho.

4. Banking does not work. Tested 5 bg

5. I agree. This shouldn't be possible. I guess gearscore is not the best thing to differentiate brackets as one can easily change GS while keeping great DPS power.

Or at least not GS alone.
    The gear brackets aren't based on GS. They are based on item level and that's actually the problem.
    The average item level of a character doesn't reflect his power because a ring or bracers increases the item level by the same amount like a weapon. So pvp twinks are able to keep their item level low by equiping only items that give a lot of value such as weapon, chest, leggs, trinkets, etc.
    If the BG brackets were based on GS it would be more balanced and harder for twinks to abuse the system.

6. Basic problem: when you queue, your actual (equipped) ilevel matters. If I want a fast RHC, I unequip some of my items and I cannot be queued for e.g. HoR. You cannot prevent these situations (e.g. I have BiS dps gear but 0 heal and I want to heal, what should the system do?).
    Edited: December 4, 2019

7. No, you can't trick the system by putting your items in the bank, it works by the highest owned item level. So if you have BIS PVE tank spec and 0 items PVP healing spec you're getting into the higher bracket. Deleting items might work, but I can't guarantee that.

This was suggested earlier and my idea was that some slots should have a factor multiplier. Weapons should have a higher factor (like 2-3x) and neck/rings/wrists should have a much lower factor (like 0.5). Sort of how gearscore already works.

8. Also isn't GS based on item level?
    How to make the game detect GS instead of item level, item level is implemented to the game GS is an addon for the client, thing is :it look fine like it is

9. The same thing has happened again today in Alterrac Valley with a Paladin. Some more attention to this issue would be nice.

10. Me and my friend qued rbg im 191ilvl and hes is 180ilvl game putted us into higher bracket

11. Me and my friend qued rbg im 191ilvl and hes is 180ilvl game putted us into higher bracket
    that can happen if there's not enough people que'd. brackets only happen if there's enough que'd to support them.

12. Please stop this nonsense about fairness in battlegrounds, it just show how noob you are in the game.
    Someone killed you with shadowmourne and you come cry to the forums ? really ?

How about i one-shot you with my 5man multibox shaman team ? sounds fair-enough to you ?
    Winner are going to win, losers are going to lose. this is how it works and no *****in and crying aint gonna change that.

Learn to win, by your own means and stop cry like a baby.

13. Flaterwick,

Your playground insults don't help anybody on this forums and are rather childish. If you don't want to contribute constructively to a problem or make a valid counterargument, do everybody a favor here and shut it. Also learn to use correct English.

This topic is not about multiboxing in battlegrounds.

"nonsense about fairness in battlegrounds"... Explain to me then, in your obviously intelligent mind, why there are two PvP brackets? To handle a high volume of players? I certainly don't think so.

"Someone killed you with shadowmourne..." Yes, but that's not the problem here. The problem is people are able to obtain Shadowmourne and stay in the low gear bracket. If it were a higher gear bracket, of course there's going to be Shadowmourne players, it's the high gear bracket. Shadowmourne, by nature, is a very high gear item. It doesn't matter if they get 300 killing blows or none - what matters is the fact they were even allowed into the low gear bracket. That's the issue I'm trying to address, but my point is obviously not coming across correctly to some people.

Lastly, explain to me why we have a Suggestions forum if "*****in and crying aint gonna change that."

Or better yet, don't explain anything at all and, as I stated earlier, stay out of this thread please.

14. So somebody buys lvl 80 boost/character, slap a 284 trinket on it and boom! You're now automatically queued with 6k+ GS BG's. Yeah, sounds fair. Guess you never thought people would donate and buy gear from time to time? Wasn't the purpose of the brackets be that there wouldn't be half nude (badly geared) players feeding always the "BiS SM" cleave machines?

People knew that there would be people who twink their toons to fit lower bracket with best possible gear. What the brackets have done, is that now people don't even have to go through that intense gearing to be at the top of BG's KB/Damage/HK lists, they just need few good items and balance it with few low items.

It's not perfect system, but it's better than what it used to be.