1. Quest chain AQ / Legendary mount Scarab Lord

Hello,

I've been taking my time doing the whole Quest chain about Scarab lord title and the legendary battle tank mount.

I did all the quests to end up with nor title, nor mount.

Is there any particular reason why don't you get atleast one of the above since you've wasted a ton of time and nothing except the cinematics with the quests?

Edit:
    I've complete the quest from Anachronos called "The Might of Kalimdor" which is supposed to give you the "The Scepter of the Shifting Sands" item but it doesn't give you anything.
    Afterwards you're supposed to take a quest for the Scarab Gong infront of AQ but it doesnt give any so you can claim your mount and/or Title Scarab Lord.

P.S. After completing the quest with "Draconic for Dummies" you get the Achievment for Onyxia's lair level 60, which I don't think should happen.

BR,
    Electrician
    Edited: December 5, 2019

2. Quick glance on bugtracker reveals staff answer that they've intentionally removed scepter to prevent people from getting the title and the mount since it was only a part of opening the AQ and it was removed after it.

3. Hey,

If so why don't they remove the quest completely so people like me don't spend so much time on it for no good reason?

BR,
    Electrician

4. Beats me. Maybe because removing the whole questline and items associated to it would be more work than just removing one quest. Maybe so you can still do them if you're chasing Loremaster.. Maybe if you're chasing the cooking recipe from Dirge? Plenty of reasons. All you had to do was search the quest in the bugtracker to know it's been removed.

5. Yeah, because everyone does that first, right ? :D

6. I do and so should everyone. I don't ask on global if the quest works, first thing I do is check the bugtracker and/or google to see how the quest is done if I'm having problems.

You could've also just asked on global if the Scarab lord mount is obtainable..

7. I asked and a lot of people told me they are stuck at reputation from the start, which was obviously not the case.

8. Can you clarify what you just said, I didn't quite understand it..
    Did you mean that a lot of people couldn't get past the reputation gap to continue the questline?

I checked the bugtracker, got the rep to exalted and completed the questline.
    Edited: December 5, 2019

9. I personally don't think they had to remove last quest/s. I don't think Blizzard devs did the same with last quests....

10. On retail, everything was working but you wouldn't get the mount or the title. The mount was only available during vanilla, if my memory serves me well, to the first person to sound the gong and then everybody who did it the next hour (or something like that). Here at some point the questline just stops working. It doesn't matter: you wouldn't be getting the mount or the title anyway, which is something you would've known if you had googled the name of the mount.

11. I finished whole chain as well, just for funsies (I already have Loremaster and Seeker on my toon, but I'm a completionist, mind that). In retail, you get to keep scepter, but netiher title nor mount were obtainable if you didn't finish chain 10 hours after first person of the server does Bang a Gong! Warmane removed scepter but you can still speak to Jonathan the Revelator for the chain alternative rewards (which are some xmogable weapons - not comparable to mount/title but hey, just saying what is available as is).

I'd like to keep the scepter, at least, but devs removed it some years ago (according to bugtracker), and I don't see any clues as to that changing in the meantime.

And yeah, if you are going to delve in such a complex quest chain, a search on the bugtracker beforehand wouldn't have hurt. :l

Edit: And you keeping the scepter with no title/mount is Blizzard' intended behaviour (you'd like to bust your *** for a mount that everybody ends up having? The idea is for it to be exclusive and rare). I'd reckon it probably had some bugs here in Warmane that, for QoL's sake, were preferred to be left and the scepter removed instead. It's not a popular chain by any means so it's not gamebreaking.
    Edited: December 27, 2019