1. Recommended stats for raids as prot warrior

hello, yes i know i ask a lot in forums but never really found the answer i looking for
    so, i managed to fix my aggro problem after prev post (macros was a big help). now, for the raid part
    my state so far: def cap:542, armor:30054, health:37741 (if needed more states tell me), gs 5.5
    what raid can i tank with it? right now im interested in icc10n, voa10/25n, toc10/25n, and obviously the other raids like ulduar10/25n.

server:icecrown
    Edited: December 6, 2019

2. hello, yes i know i ask a lot in forums but never really found the answer i looking for
    so, i managed to fix my aggro problem after prev post (macros was a big help). now, for the raid part
    my state so far: def cap:542, armor:30054, health:37741 (if needed more states tell me), gs 5.5
    what raid can i tank with it? right now im interested in icc10n, voa10/25n, toc10/25n, and obviously the other raids like ulduar10/25n.

server:icecrown

All of those. Sindra and Lk might proove to be too tough, depends on group as a whole, esp healers.

3. I think with those stats you can clear 25n icc too. Only one condition: you gotta know what to do, exactly when and how to rotate your CD's on each boss, when to ask Hand of Sacrifice and Pain suppression.

So that means, greatest boost to your tanking will be reading up on boss tactics, boss spells, what works when and against what, etc. If you don't know this you can have BiS and you will still wipe on 10n.

4. im pretty doubtful about icc25n, you see, i tried tanking with def cap 538 and 28k armor, and the first boss 2 shoot my ***. even the dk mt that was with me, with 5.8 gs got himself killed after 3-4 shoots.

but ty, i shell test myself in the next raids:)

5. Well, should get better heals then, if you don't recieve heals in such long times as 3-4 swings. Or your hpala got spiked and tanks didnt respond with instant defencive.

I'm confused btw, how can you have such low defence as 542 with 5.5 gs? Anyway, under cap(538) you shouldnt even try to tank, while its almost cap you can still get "oneshotted".

Idk maybe this will help you:
    You can get boss done if
    - you are def capped 539 or more
    - boss takes more than 2 swings to kill you w/o heals (your armor+health)
    It will be on the edge, so you have to be on top with defencives, healers have to be on top of their game. IDK how you can die if hpala is spaming on you, shaman is spamming on you and you have hots up from all the other healers.

6. im pretty doubtful about icc25n, you see, i tried tanking with def cap 538 and 28k armor, and the first boss 2 shoot my ***. even the dk mt that was with me, with 5.8 gs got himself killed after 3-4 shoots.

but ty, i shell test myself in the next raids:)
    Marrowgar splits his damage between MT and OT if they stand close to each other. When they don't stack properly MT is going to eat double dmg.

That's what angrylol wrote about, when he said to read the tactics. Unfortunately it ussually requires at least both tanks, and most healer's/dps to know what's up. Sometimes you are going to fail even when you do everything right, because others mess up. What you can do is do your maximum and don't get discouraged by rest. Also raiding with decent guild and voicechat helps.

7. angrylol: for the gs confusion, its probably because of my sword, its a pvp sword(wrathful gladiator slicer) which gives me 495gs, also pvp cape( which gives me more 170gs compere to the trash i can buy for 28 emblem in dalaran(should i though? i think it get me 3 more def caps if i remember right)) i have a pve sword which gives me 4 or 5 more def cap , but man the dmg drop is sharp.im talking -550dmg, worried about aggro.

jendah: may i bother you with a question, what is stack ? i heard about it in one raid, never managed to get a proper answer to what it is. i googled it and it said stacking an attack like sunder armor, is it it?

8. angrylol: for the gs confusion, its probably because of my sword, its a pvp sword(wrathful gladiator slicer) which gives me 495gs, also pvp cape( which gives me more 170gs compere to the trash i can buy for 28 emblem in dalaran(should i though? i think it get me 3 more def caps if i remember right)) i have a pve sword which gives me 4 or 5 more def cap , but man the dmg drop is sharp.im talking -550dmg, worried about aggro.

jendah: may i bother you with a question, what is stack ? i heard about it in one raid, never managed to get a proper answer to what it is. i googled it and it said stacking an attack like sunder armor, is it it?
    Thats one meaning, stack means put things closely together (stack a deck of cards f.e.) in raids it often means to have ppl standing as close to each other as possible (on the same spot).

@cape
    wait after you get your t10 set and get one for Emblems of Frost

@sword
    I would definitely better dmg sword on pull. You can swap weapons in combat, so if you are going to offtank and/or have enough threat already you can swap to tanking sword.

9. ty sir, now ill know what to do when they say stack:)
    and yes i know about the cape for 50 frost, which im farming for, but right now i need the Ymirjar Lord set so...

ty again for the help and time:)

10. under cap(538)
    - you are def capped 539 or more
    The cap is 540, not 539. Feel free to read up whenever on how defense rating works.

11. The cap is 540, not 539. Feel free to read up whenever on how defense rating works.
    Right, it's 540. With some old math where it didn't jump by 0.2 each level I got just under 539, disregard this.

12. 540 def cap, use 30+ stamina gems and make sure you get tons of armor. I have 32k and with buffs its around 34-36. I can tank all icc25 bosses but yeah some of them really hit hard and you need much more heals.