1. "Hungering Cold" does not trigger "Chilblains" skill.

I don't understand why "Hungering Cold"...
    Spoiler: Show
    Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 10 yards are trapped in ice, preventing them from performing any action for 10 s and infecting them with Frost Fever. Enemies are considered Frozen, but any damage other than diseases will break the ice.

... does not trigger "Chilblains" from the frost talent tree.
    Spoiler: Show
    Victims of your Frost Fever disease are Chilled, reducing movement speed by 30% for 10sec.

"Icy Touch" and "Chains of Ice" does apply Frost Fever just like "Hungering Cold" and both apply "Chilblains" on the target when "Hungering Cold" doesn't. It just doesn't make sense.

2. I checked this out relatively thoroughly and it seems like the only source of evidence in support of what you're saying is

https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137419

this video which is indicated to be from EU-Deathwing at the time when the expo was current. But I can't really verify it for certain hence no bugreport on my end. The author of the video suggests that the video was made in retail in the comment section on youtube but still that's not really convincing for me. I could not find any other info on the interaction of the two abilities in forums/world of logs, but if you do find something of significance, feel free to make a report with this vid and w/e else you find.

3. The author of the video suggests that the video was made in retail in the comment section on youtube but still that's not really convincing for me.
    The video is dated Jan. 2010. Which is between the release of patch 3.3 and 3.3.2. Which seems reasonable. I can also tell you from personal experience that Death Knights on private servers during this era were extremely broken and bugged. Most abilities simply did not work. Nevermind being good enough to make such a thorough video about them. I would say that it's both reasonable for the video to be seen as a retail video, and for Hungering Cold to function the way the OP suggests.

4. The video is dated Jan. 2010. Which is between the release of patch 3.3 and 3.3.2. Which seems reasonable. I can also tell you from personal experience that Death Knights on private servers during this era were extremely broken and bugged. Most abilities simply did not work. Nevermind being good enough to make such a thorough video about them. I would say that it's both reasonable for the video to be seen as a retail video, and for Hungering Cold to function the way the OP suggests.
    Yeah, I know the date and everything else seem like they're proper. It's just that there's not even a single discussion about the interaction of the two abilities, no other video instances that date back to the period and no logs. Kinda eh. But yes, it is very logical for HC to afflict targets with CB.

5. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...athwing/aihpos

It's retail. Simple logic and this video are strong evidence that "Hungering Cold" should activate "Chilblains". And as you understand his engagement rotation (Start with HC for putting free slow+decease -> Obliterate first for max damage and runic generation), we can see this small detail affects Death Knight frost pvp gameplay