1. Trying to find a missing character

A long time ago I used to play on the WOTLK server on Warmane (I know there are 2, but I don't recall which one I played one). I know for a fact that my character was an 80 warrior and I had donated for Shadowmourn, however, I can no longer find Boodead or Boolive (I think Boolive had it) in the armory. Did the server get reset at some point or would there be any reason my old characters don't exist anymore?

2. Depending on how long ago you played. There was a falling out among the staff some 4 or 5 years ago where the complete char database got deleted. You had a year to get some compensation for it. After that nothing happened except the yearly char cleanup.

3. Ah, that sucks to hear. To be honest I have no idea how long ago it'd be now (probably 5 or so years if I had to guess). Would there be any way to confirm if I fall into that category or not?

4. Can you get a character back of it's been cleaned after the yearly thing.. I donated quite a bit and it'd be frustrating to lose 2-3 bis toons

5. Everybody lost toons and nobody got them back, so no, there's no way. The compensation did include some coins, but I don't think there's a way for them to find out for sure what your compensation should be now.