1. How you should expect to play warriors

First off

Let's get TANKING out of the way
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1). If you think warrior is NOT the WORSE TANK you are sadly mistaken, warriors are complete dog **** at tanking raid bosses. They strive to tank and block MILLIONS of damage from SMALL AMOUNTS by BLOCKING that damage. Simply put warriors are the best tanks to take a lot of damage distributed from small damage sources and throw that **** away. When it comes to BIG D DAMAGE that's when WARRIORS TAKE ALL THE BIG D. Warriors have absolutely no talents that help much vs raid bosses in comparison to other tanks.

2). Warriors should NOT be played as tanks. If you want to tank because you can equip plate gear then go ahead, do that **** on icecrown where you get x7 experience, you can hit lvl 80 within a day and get 6k gearscore within a month because the bosses are so easy fresh level 80's can kill them. Play on lordaeron with the big boys to learn what real raiding is about. All of the content is difficult and tanking as a warrior requires some seriously strong class knowledge, good gear, min/maxing, and learning when to utilize your cooldowns.

3). Anybody, can tank anything, anywhere, anytime, on the Icecrown server. Lordaeron shows you the truth behind every class and warriors are by far the worse class to play as tank.

4). You're a GOD at tanking dungeons though so stick to that for tanking and leave raid tanking to the real tanks (unless you're overgeared/know exactly how to do it/are on icecrown server)

Now that we got the ridiculous thought of tanking out of our way let's move on to what we were born to do

GODS OF DPS/DAMAGE
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1). Yes warriors are by far the absolute BEST dps class in wotlk with firemages coming in close behind them
    2). Explaining armor penetration
    -First off sunder armor always increases your dps and you need it even if you have Arpen cap (1400 arpen doesn't remove all armor from boss)
    -Second, you still need to use shattering throw from combat stance to increase your own dps AND the raids dps
    -As a warrior you should be applying both sundering armor stacks and shattering throw to the boss to remove as much armor as you can for not only yourself but also your raid AND you benefit from both even if you're ARPEN CAPPED because arpen cap DOES NOT remove all armor from the boss
    -Do not Gem for armor penetration unless you are capable of reaching the armor penetration cap with ease and/or you have enough strength and flat damage to make doing true damage worth it. Also take note that there is food that can give 40 arpen AND an elixir combination that gives 45 arpen + 20 all stats (20 str, 20 agility)

3). Gear: Most of your gear should give arpen + crit, some of your gear should be agility gear that gives agility + the 3 stats of attack power, crit, arpen, so you can reach high numbers for by having double crit from items, maintain the attack power you normally would get from strength gear, AND still easily achieve the arpen cap

Pretty simple, you should stay focused on being top dps as a warrior, collect tank gear so when you're 6k gearscore dps and tank you can tank easier content for friends and **** and still be focused on being the #1 dps in the game when you're clearing content as you won't be the best tank around.

2. If u think that smb will take the most interesting tanking rotation of the way, cause u announced your wet dreams, u're wrong. Yes pwar is a bit worse than other tanks, still all content is doable with it and difference not so huge. And this stuff about "huge" and "small" damage is also just your thoughts, anybody who rly spend some time on tanking as warrior will tell u that pwar survivability is your own cd management. And most of pwarriors death are player's own mistakes, not class problem.

3. He probably met some very bad tanks and then he generalizes how the whole class is actually bad lulz. Some people do have wrong talents for prot warriors and it pisses me off but oh well.

I tanked everything with prot warrior so I do not see any problem there. I mean there's a guy who tanked Lich king 25 heroic as a solo tank, no additional tank only healers/dps.

4. To everyone who responded, yet again let me ask you, DID YOU CLEAR 25 HEROIC LORDAERON as a warrior tank?

or

Are you claiming you can clear all content as a warrior tank on icecrown.

Yes warriors can clear all content on icecrown simply because the server's difficulty is very easy and all tanks can easily do the content.

Paladin/dk can sleep half the time while tanking whereas warrior needs to actually pay attention ON ICECROWN
    and
    ON LORDAERON warriors flaws are so noticeable it's damn near impossible to clear heroic content with a warrior unless you're a bis tank and even then it's a lot of strain on the healers to keep you alive compared to other tanks.

In my original post I made a claim that you shouldn't be a warrior tank UNLESS you are 1). tanking dungeons 2). Playing on icecrown 3). BiS and tanking easier content.

I highly doubt any of the replies came from any players on lordaeron and are warrior tank enthusiasts.

@dolcokidol I never claimed that arpen is better for unholy dk, I made a build that utilizes arpen to out dps the original meta build of unholy dk for single target dps and in particular for lordaeron where single target dps reigns as king due to the difficulty of the content.

5. They are just kids, that wanna ez gameplay, nothing new.
    Like completely nobody giving advices to what we should play. Ha)

6. Trolls will trash talk me without explanation. I never made such claim that arpen is better for unholy dk and now you trash talk me without reason.

1). My only claim is warriors are terrible tanks that can only do the job of other tanks while requiring much higher gearscores.
    2). If you are playing on icecrown you're excluded from this discussion. You can tank icc on icecrown with a few hunters or no tank at all because you just dps the boss down faster than all the players die. I've 3 manned marrowgar with a druid tank, a shadow priest, and a paladin.
    3). Warriors are viable to tank, however, they are much, much worse than every other tank option available. On lordaeron they're not even viable tanks for raids unfortunately.

7. Don't exclude me, noooo.... ah u can't. U didn't give any explanation either.
    About facts and "significant" difference:
    1) Items are same, DR decreases avoidance same way. So in terms of avoidance only comparisson are talents and traint. It is t10_4 pally bonus,and smth like 6% extra parry from str. Our overall avoidance are ~35% if u take into account chill of throne and halion avoid supression.
    2) Warr has the most improved block, but not sustain, that's why i told before about cd management. For example while solo tanking marro u can have smth like 27k hit. Block with our buff activated will reduce it by 6k with crit block that is roughly 22%. As far other tanks have constant reduce with ~3k but higher uptime from pala , and constant dmg reduce from AP on dudu. If u can manage your procs u can mitigate more, but it is more skill dependable.
    3) Warrior has less armor thourh talents than other classes. Like 39k in bis, when 41k on other tanks. Thx to DR 2k armor on that qmounts hardly reach 1% dmg reduce. But it makes less geared warriors with 30k armor die pretty fast to be called paper (cause on this numbers dr affects less, so difference is greater), but gear questions should be solved with gear, not crying about how bad warriors are.
    4) What make warr less reliable are talents like will of necropolis on dk and argent defender. But idea that u should compensate it with your cd management, cause u have more cds and can use it more often. But again skill dependable.
    5) About why should smb even invite pwar and why it is not so bad:
    - best tank for vdw, thx to crowd control and amount of charges.
    - best OT for LK, can do his job even without hunt.
    - fast stacking thunder -> more dps
    - CC and taunt resting, ez adds.
    All content is doable, you're just bad if u can't.

8. I play warrior tank and I didn't clear icc 25 heroic mainly because I don't play this game very often + none of my guldies are capable of doing good dps for that.

The things I have done > Tanked solo Sindragosa on 10/25 man without a problem, and much more. But whatever man, think what you want. There are plently of videos where a warrior solo tanks lich king 25 heroic and other stuff.

9. To everyone who responded, yet again let me ask you, DID YOU CLEAR 25 HEROIC LORDAERON as a warrior tank?
    The real problem are people like you who believe that playing on Lordaeron, with 11/12 BiS Gear before LoD trys, ICC Buff, years of prep time available and 11 years of tactic knowledge available, is somehow the pinnacle of skill and hardest encounter. Doesnt matter if you play on Lordaeron or Icecrown, people nowadays wont accept any tank with less than 5,5 k GS for a ICC10 nh run.

Dont talk about skill or flaws of some classes if you only try a content while you are already insanly overgeared.

On retail we did ICC25 hc without a single dd reaching 20k dps, simply because no ICC boss and everyone was far away from that gear to be able to pull that numbers.
    I tanked all ICC25 nh with a 4,6k GS pwar and finished 10/12 HC before Cata release with max. 5,5 k GS. All without ICC buff by choice. It wasnt easy, but do able and Lordaeron with your max gear policy is far away from that level.

If Icecrown is so easy, play a tank of your choice and try to finish ICC25 nh with less than 5k GS and without buff.

10. Absolute gods of damage? i tend to say that i never saw a BIS a ****ing BIS warrior doing more then a TTW mage even with a bit lower gear

11. Absolute gods of damage? i tend to say that i never saw a BIS a ****ing BIS warrior doing more then a TTW mage even with a bit lower gear
    Who cares about LoD, fester and DBS are the real deal. Now lets stop necro-ing random threads.

12. Who cares about LoD, fester and DBS are the real deal. Now lets stop necro-ing random threads.
    Professor and Lod is where it's at. Anyone can stand still and press their buttons on Dbs and pull good numbers, i'm not even gonna go into talking about Mages since it's all about the rng on that boss. Tell me when you see a Mage end 22k+ on PP with sub 80% on Fireball ;)

13. some one can help me with some macro for fwarr pve pls and one god rotation im beginer pls

14. some one can help me with some macro for fwarr pve pls and one god rotation im beginer pls
    Use forum/google search next time. You'll get your answers faster.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=78305

15. bla bla bla i think im better because i play LORDAERON with capslock because LORDAERON is better than icecrown with lowercases bla bla bla but nobody praises me because of it bla bla bla i want some atention bla bla bla LORDAERON is good blablabla icecrown is for newbs bla bla bla come on guys tell me im better han you pls i need someone that cares about me on LORDAERON bla bla bla.

12 Last