1. Cooldown resetting NPC in duel zones (Elwynn, Durotar, Dalaran)

Hello,

I know that similar ideas were already denied and the argumentation was that cd resetting before duels can be exploited (using something before duel starts and after) and I get it, not everyone would like it because of that. So my idea is to put a NPC which can reset your cds. The difference between this npc and just resetting cds before duel would be that the same thing would happen to you that is happening when you change your spec. That means, when you talk to the NPC to reset your cds, your Energy/Mana/Runic Power/Rage would be reduced to 0, your pet/totems etc would be unsummoned and for additional exploit-proofness you would get a 10 seconds stun and your buffs (except flasks/potions/elixirs) would be removed.

I think this would improve dueling experience for all the players. Old players can spar a lot more, without waiting few minutes every duel and new players would be encouraged to practice by dueling, because we all know how it is to start a new class and have no idea how to play it - you are getting whooped each and every time. Waiting few minutes just to get destroyed in matter of seconds in the next duel is a serious discouragement.

I do realize that there are some people that will defend dueling without cd resetting, saying "you need to learn how to play without cds". But first of all, you have battlegrounds for that - you pvp without cds there all the time. Second of all, most people dueling in duel zones will decline your duel anyway, saying that they have cds and you have to wait. And even when someone accepts the duel and then lose, he got the greatest excuse of all time - "I had cds", which destroys the point of duel - showing other player that you can defeat him.
    And if those arguments still do not convince you, well, you can just not talk to the npc and duel with cds like you are used to, its completely optional, everyone's happy.

2. ++
    Certainly that idea would encourage ppl to dueling, instead of AFKing or waiting long time for cool downs.

3. they used to have this and one of the reasons they took it away is because of people (mostly multiboxers) abusing it and farming honor kills outside of major city.
    causing the city itself and/or the zone outside to die out because they'd never know if a multiboxer would appear

4. Well, then the npc in Elwynn should be interactive only with Alliance side and the one in Durotar with Horde, pretty simple solution. And make it impossible to reset cds in combat, so when opposite fraction attacks a major city, the defending side couldn't abuse it anyhow. And even when they do manage to reset their cds between combats, they would get 10s stun and their mana reduced to 0. Rather useless to do so in such situations.

5. warmane staff has stated time and time again that they want the server to be as blizzlike as possible. wotlk had no such feature so i doubt they will implement this here.

6. warmane staff has stated time and time again that they want the server to be as blizzlike as possible. wotlk had no such feature so i doubt they will implement this here.
    - custom events
    - item shop
    - character trade
    - an entire realm with buffed content.
    - instant 80 feature.

The whole "Blizzlike" should stop. Blizzlike is x1 across the board with somewhat same stats. As soon as you deviate from that, servers can no longer call themselves "Blizzlike" because they are not blzzard-like server.

@OP, yeah, it would be nice.

+1

Doesn't blackroch has CD removal after duels? They should just do the same for all realms.

7. As long as it don't come on the realm I play with, do your mess everywhere you want :)

As op said "I don't get it", well, people who defend the city will quickly kill the raid or people that attack the city and then refresh CD, while the ones who attack can't, worst idea, if you can't adapt without your CD, go play blackrock

8. As op said "I don't get it", well, people who defend the city will quickly kill the raid or people that attack the city and then refresh CD, while the ones who attack can't, worst idea, if you can't adapt without your CD, go play blackrock
    Did you even read what i wrote or you just posting randomly?

Doesn't blackroch has CD removal after duels? They should just do the same for all realms.
    It does, but the system that is on blackrock is easly exploitable, that's why they don't implement it in other servers. And because of that I'm proposing this npc, which would be exploit-proof.
    Edited: December 12, 2019

9. Did you even read what i wrote or you just posting randomly?

It does, but the system that is on blackrock is easly exploitable, that's why they don't implement it in other servers. And because of that I'm proposing this npc, which would be exploit-proof.
    I did, it still a idea that I wouldn't like to see on the realm I'm playing on, it's not because I say that I reject your idea that I didn't read

10. I did, it still a idea that I wouldn't like to see on the realm I'm playing on, it's not because I say that I reject your idea that I didn't read
    OK, maybe i just don't see the situation you have in mind, that this npc would affect so let's have few examples:

Situation 1: Horde attacks SW and loses
    Full raid of horde storms SW, they run past the dueling zone straight into the city. They come to the main square in Trade District and the fights start, because this is the place most alliance players are. If alliance wins, the horde has to go from far away graveyard (which takes some time) and either wait near your corpse to resurrect all together (which wouldn't be the best idea, since you all will be about 60% hp, unbuffed), or resurrect alone and run away to regroup. One way or another it still takes additional time till you will be able to make round 2 with alliance. Does the cd resetting npc favour alliance in this situation? Not really, a lot of time has passed and horde got their cds up again.
    So perhaps during the fights alliance will be favoured by having this NPC? In my opinion not. First of all you would have to go past the whole horde raid to get to him. Second of all, he is in elwynn, so about 20s away from the fights. Add 10s of stun to that (or more), 30s to regenerate mana and additional 20s to get back to the fights. Pretty pointless in my opinion to do that, you would do much more just fighting there without cds, than to waste so much time trying to reset them.

Situation 2: Horde attacks SW and wins
    Same situation as before, but horde wins. If their goal is to kill the king, before you ress up, get to the npc, reset your cds, regenerate and go to defend the king, he will be long time gone. And if their goal is to farm alliance, alliance would need to regroup to be able to do anything, since they just lost. Regrouping means more time - horde cds would be up before they will be ready for round 2.

Same logic applies, when Alliance attacks Orgrimmar.

In both situation whether the npc is here or not, it doesn't really change anything. Perhaps you have something else in mind, what I didn't think of, so if you can, please elaborate.

Before i came to warmane I've played on a server, which had cd resetting before duel, just like blackrock (worked only in elwynn, durotar and dalaran duel zones) and I can tell you that - nobody ever used it to reset his cds during a raid on a major city.
    Edited: December 13, 2019

11. I'm still against
    Also the gy isn't that far to get back CD of 3-5-10 mins back, maybe cd of 1 min

Well imo it's still a bad idea, you can have that on blackrock, that's all :|

12. I'm still against
    Also the gy isn't that far to get back CD of 3-5-10 mins back, maybe cd of 1 min

Well imo it's still a bad idea, you can have that on blackrock, that's all :|
    You are against, because you are against? Well, okay.

13. Like I said it's a bad idea, go blackrock, I leave this topic try to convince who you can

14. So, the only ones privileged to dueling comfortably are the ones from Blackrock?
    Plenty of ppl donate here so they wish to play/duel their MAIN chars. Not make toons on other realm to duel and enjoy their classes. They usually want to play some duels while waiting in BG/rdf queue. When u play e.g dk its not a big deal. But rogue or mage, waiting 5 min for every duel? I can't adapt, cuz its not possible to duel with no cooldowns against same-skilled-player WITH cooldowns. Taking into account different time in cd's on every class, what's not equal.
    I can't imagine either how ppl would lose combat to reset cool downs on NPC, drink calmly (cuz mana is reseted aswell) when the fight is going on. Just wondering.

15. In my opinion this's g8 idea. It's a breath of fresh air for our active duel players.