1. Do Moonkins benefit at all from spellqueue?

I know Mages benefit alot since they have alot of instant spells to clip them with casting ones. But boomies have only 1 instant that they refresh it once every 20 seconds or so. Do they benefit at all from spellqueue?

2. I assume if your wrath casts under 1sec you can benefit from it
    not as good as mage but hey that's something

3. Lets say my Wrath is 0.8s. What would that mean? How could i benefit from it?

4. ?
    Well you benefit a gain of 0.2sec lol
    Theoretically if you have have enough haste to throw 0.8s wraths, you could : starfire -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath you should gain ~0.5sec of reduced GCD over those 3 wraths

Whereas if there was no spellqueue you would starfire -> wrath -> wait 0.2sec for GCD to finish -> wrath -> wait 0.2s for GCD -> wrath -> wait 0.1sec for GCD

more or less
    Someone can confirm or deny maybe ? Not 100% sure

5. GCD is minimum 1s. If your Wrath is 0.8 cast you will just stand there and spam key for 0.2 secs til it starts to cast.

6. unless spellqueue I think.. which is what this thread is about

7. wtf is spellqueue?
    If you press next spell when your current cast/gcd is almost finished (0.5s and less before). Your next spell will be cast immediately after cast/gcd finishes. It helps with reducing lag and reaction time influence.

8. Nah, spellque doesn't shorten gcd. It removes delay after gcd.

0.8s cast 1s gcd -> 0.1s (insert your ping) till you see gcd finished -> 0.1s till server receives next spell from you.

Vs 0.8 s cast 1s gcd -> next cast (both delays are 0, because server have received and remembered nex cast before gcd ended)

9. If you press next spell when your current cast/gcd is almost finished (0.5s and less before). Your next spell will be cast immediately after cast/gcd finishes. It helps with reducing lag and reaction time influence.
    Yes, that makes sense, I have noticed that.

10. Nah, spellque doesn't shorten gcd. It removes delay after gcd.

0.8s cast 1s gcd -> 0.1s (insert your ping) till you see gcd finished -> 0.1s till server receives next spell from you.

Vs 0.8 s cast 1s gcd -> next cast (both delays are 0, because server have received and remembered nex cast before gcd ended)
    Well i noticed that on instant spells, the GCD starts to count before my casting finishes. What i mean:

[---------------------------------------FIREBALL-------------------------------------------]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [----PYROBLAST---]

If i do the above and i press Pyro on 70% of the Fireball's cast time, the GCD cooldown will start when i press the button. Since GCD is 1s that means 0.5s will be count when i press Pyro and the remaining 0.5s will be spent when im doing the actual Pyro. That means in total, clipping instants with casting spells actually reduces GCD to .5s instead of 1s. Huge dps increase overall especially for mages who are all about instants between casting spells.

So my original question was, how can boomies benefit from this? Since their only instant spell is only once every 20seconds.
    A guy proposed this:

Theoretically if you have have enough haste to throw 0.8s wraths, you could : starfire -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath you should gain ~0.5sec of reduced GCD over those 3 wraths

Whereas if there was no spellqueue you would starfire -> wrath -> wait 0.2sec for GCD to finish -> wrath -> wait 0.2s for GCD -> wrath -> wait 0.1sec for GCD
    But i dont understand the concept behind it. I mean, why "starfire -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath" specifically?

11. Isn't spellqueue only triggered after casting different spells ? like fireball -> pyro
    That's what I assumed and why I proposed SF -> wrath

As for the "3 wraths" part, I've always heard mages say they were gaining 0.5seconds (you said so too just above), and unless you have abnormal amounts of haste, you'll need 3 wraths to "consume" this 0.5sec of GCD reduction
    Edited: December 12, 2019

12. I don't think it matters much anyway, good boomies should already use 1-2 SF during solar eclipse to extend MF anyway

It could impact lunar eclipse maybe ? but I suppose a ton of SF during lunar is hard to beat. It's a good time to refresh MF I suppose for the spellqueue but that's about it

13. You guys don't get it.. what matters is when is information being processed by server. Everything you see in the game is slightly delayed (it's much better now than 10 years ago, but it still takes some time for server to send to your computer that action X started to happen and for your gpu to send it to your monitor, same thing happens in the other direction, it takes some time till your button press gets registered by the server). Your game client gets delayed information from the server. How much delayed depends on your internet provider it can be under 10ms (you shouldn't notice this) or even above 500 ms (here it should be obvious). Spell queueing is about fighting worse internet connection.

14. No matter what - you can do one spell each 1 second if you have capped GCD with haste. This spellque simply removes ping and starts casting next spell as soon as cast or gcd is finished. Also I'm not sure about its interraction with GCD, as it always feels "clunky" when I Wrath with boomie, as it is unavoidable with boomie to go under 1sec cast on wrath tough probably would be great idea to check that out.

I have noticed and understood this concept, but I didn't know if it is called "spellqueue". 1 sec = 1 spell.

12 Last