1. Hit cap for Frost DK in PvP

Hello, obviously I have to make new threads for each question, so:

Anyone know what is the actual hit cap for frost dk in pvp? You know, as you use spells like howling blast, death coil, chains and also abilities like frost strike, blood strike, plague strike, obliterate etc. - meaning you’re like half a caster and I’m not too sure whether the standard 5% applies here or more/less is required (bearing in mind the 3% talent)

Please, explain to me how this works someone and the maths behind it so I adjust my gear correctly. Thank you!

2. As far as I know 5% hit rating is cap for melees for pvp. For casters Idk someone told me it's around 5-8%, I have no idea. But if you are really worried you usually take that one dk talent that increases your spell hit by 3%.

Now for pve, I can only give you this math from one guide:

''-1% Melee hit chance = 32.789 Hit rating
    -1% Spell hit chance = 26.24 Hit rating
    -8% chance (263 hit rating) is melee hit cap for special abilities
    (164 hit rating from gear + 3% from Nerves of Cold Steel talent).
    -27% chance (885 hit rating) is melee hit cap for white swings (fak this).
    -17% chance (446 hit rating) is spell hit cap
    (368 hit rating (14%) + 3% from Virulence, or 289 hit rating (11%) + 3% from Virulence + 3% hit chance debuff on the target from Spriest or Boomie).

-U should try and go for 164-263hit rating from gear (preferably arround 237, as BiS).

When it comes to White Melee Swings, the cap is 27%.
    U can NEVER cap this, nor u want to.
    If u notice ur melee swings missing, thats a normal thing, dont worry about it.
    27% -(minus) X =(equals) Y
    27% (melee hit cap)
    X (hit % u have, gear + talents + buffs/food)
    Y (how much of melee white hits u will miss in %)
    So, for example, if u have 9% hit from gear and 3% hit from talents and 1% hit from a Draenei in ur grp (13% total), u will miss arround 14% of ur total white melee swings.
    Glancing will always be arround 24% (more or less). These are partial hits.
    There is no item, no gem, no stat that will help u get less than 24%...
    U cant do anything about this, its in blizzards scripts, they simply have to happen. Something like partial resist on spells... ''

This credit above goes to Gnimo and his dk frost guide, that ain't mine.

3. Thank you for your detailed contribution, even though I asked for PvP purposes strictly and the numbers in your response indicate PvE - oriented gear. What I wanted to know what is the absolute optimal % of hit rating for frost dk, as we know it is 5% for rogues and warriors. Do I need 8 or 9? Does the talent [Nerves of Cold Steel] apply for spells and abilities or only for melee swings? "Increases the chance to hit with one-handed melee weapons by 3%"

4. Thank you for your detailed contribution, even though I asked for PvP purposes strictly and the numbers in your response indicate PvE - oriented gear. What I wanted to know what is the absolute optimal % of hit rating for frost dk, as we know it is 5% for rogues and warriors. Do I need 8 or 9? Does the talent [Nerves of Cold Steel] apply for spells and abilities or only for melee swings? "Increases the chance to hit with one-handed melee weapons by 3%"
    You need 5% in total. So with Nerves of Cold Steel included with gear you need around 80 hit rating (+- 5 not 100% sure).
    Edited: December 24, 2019