1. Potential New Customization Features?

Hello, all. I'm new-ish here and I'm sure this suggestion has come up before but is it possible to add more character customization (such as what they have on retail) or a framework upon which to do so? I'm aware that graphics are not universal and thus the introduction of new models/animations/customizations would be potentially sloppy but I'm curious if it would be possible to, for instance, cosmetically play as a Dark Iron Dwarf or Mag'har Orc? While again, I have no idea how this would work, it seems as though one could theoretically expand the character features system (likely not with posture settings, I'd assume) by adding additional "presets" or whatever (basically, if I'm using Skin Color #4, theoretically I could have a duplicate as Skin Color #9 that I could locally assign to a different texture/model) that are duplicates by default but that mod authors could use as "anchor points" from which to have new features?

I have no idea if this is physically possible, I've never coded and the most complex modding I've ever done was a Skooma mod in Skyrim, but if it WERE possible, I think that it could be an interesting addition to the game. Food for thought, of course.

If this topic has already been open and shut, I apologize as I am, like I said, fairly new to Warmane.

2. Adding more skins to the game will not be done by warmane and that's for sure. They've said before that they have no intentions of modifying the client (adding more instead of replacing would need the modifications).
    What you can (I'm pretty sure, there were some guides around the forums) is use custom models. Turn every dwarf into a Dark Iron Dwarf and so on, there were custom models/skins you put your Data/language folder and I saw a guide about replacing a sword model somewhere around here a while ago. I'm pretty sure it's allowed since that won't impact the gameplay a lot (if at all)

3. Adding more skins to the game will not be done by warmane and that's for sure. They've said before that they have no intentions of modifying the client (adding more instead of replacing would need the modifications).
    What you can (I'm pretty sure, there were some guides around the forums) is use custom models. Turn every dwarf into a Dark Iron Dwarf and so on, there were custom models/skins you put your Data/language folder and I saw a guide about replacing a sword model somewhere around here a while ago. I'm pretty sure it's allowed since that won't impact the gameplay a lot (if at all)
    If you go to https://www.warmane.com/devlog You'll find that it says, and I quote:

"Heads up about certain client modifications
    October 9, 2019

We have been improving our anticheat lately, while no specifics will be given. We wish to inform players that we will no longer allow edits of maps. We have been logging terrain edits for quite a while and have seen a number of players having these altered, some giving an unfair advantage. Starting this week we will move these checks from logging only to kicking so everyone can get rid of these illicit client modifications."

I'd lurk around on the forums or wait for an answer from somebody qualified before making any modifications to the client.

4. If you go to https://www.warmane.com/devlog You'll find that it says, and I quote:

"Heads up about certain client modifications
    October 9, 2019

We have been improving our anticheat lately, while no specifics will be given. We wish to inform players that we will no longer allow edits of maps. We have been logging terrain edits for quite a while and have seen a number of players having these altered, some giving an unfair advantage. Starting this week we will move these checks from logging only to kicking so everyone can get rid of these illicit client modifications."

I'd lurk around on the forums or wait for an answer from somebody qualified before making any modifications to the client.
    Modifying the map layouts is much different from editing character models. If you edit a map to add a staircase it would be visible for you and no one else, if you stand on it then things look and act normal to you, but to everyone else the world is original and you'll appear to be flying. This is why we're actively preventing it. Model editing enables things like custom skins to characters/creatures and is purely a visual change to your end with no impact to other players.

Simply put: It's allowed so long as the changes don't effect the physical layout/interactions of the game world.

5. Modifying the map layouts is much different from editing character models. If you edit a map to add a staircase it would be visible for you and no one else, if you stand on it then things look and act normal to you, but to everyone else the world is original and you'll appear to be flying. This is why we're actively preventing it. Model editing enables things like custom skins to characters/creatures and is purely a visual change to your end with no impact to other players.

Simply put: It's allowed so long as the changes don't effect the physical layout/interactions of the game world.
    what about dMorph? its only client side but its with injector, so is it banable or not?

6. I'd advise against anything using injection, even if it's not something illegal, auto anticheat might be sceptic about it and ban you right away.

7. Hey there,

I'm also pretty new to the community here as well. However, the overhaul mods that add in new graphics and models to the server completely change the experience, not only making Warmane on par with live, but making it even better, given that pretty much every model in the game is updated with these overhauls. I'm not a big fan of live anymore, but some of the customization options coming in the next expansion look great, and I'm extremely curious to see if those could be implemented here, in some way.

8. I'd advise against anything using injection, even if it's not something illegal, auto anticheat might be sceptic about it and ban you right away.
    ye im thinking the same way, but i have seen several streamers from blackrock using it and im curious

9. what about dMorph? its only client side but its with injector, so is it banable or not?
    I use Dmorph on my low level toons just to make them look "cooler" :) Has ZERO effects on the game.