1. The main problem with PvP right now is Shadowmourne is gamebreaking, PvE 284 Hc are also overtuned for PvP.
    The thing is Warmane won't shoot themselves on the foot, this situation makes everyone want this items and donate for them so removing/nerfing them is not an option; customizing the item stats is not viable.

What I would do is let everyone wear whatever they want in BG and have "fun" with their items but give arenas some limitations.

When you try to queue arena with a Shadowmourne you could get a floating red error message saying:
    The item level of your gear is too high to queue.

This would improve gameplay already and make people at least, have a better chance to gear up, if warmane wanted they could include 284hc too or more till it is balanced and arenas diversify a bit. It's VERY frustrating to fight the same BIS comp every day at every rating.
    This would cut their sales nonetheless since people donating for Shadowmourne do it to climb the ladder aswell as stomp others in BGs. Maybe the cut would be smaller but it's still a loss of what could've been profit.

2. This would cut their sales nonetheless since people donating for Shadowmourne do it to climb the ladder aswell as stomp others in BGs. Maybe the cut would be smaller but it's still a loss of what could've been profit.
    Yeah, we know about that. But you never miss the chance to go inside Warmane Owner's asses in every post you make.
    Instead, you and them should learn that Community = Private Server and that it is advisable to listen to what community says or asks.
    Otherwise, non donor people, or those who donate only to skip ques would leave the server, leaving it with 500 donors to play agains each other with their Shadowmournes. So it can be better, as you can see, to suffer little to none losses then to suffer a capital and complete loss.

3. What I would do is let everyone wear whatever they want in BG and have "fun" with their items but give arenas some limitations.

When you try to queue arena with a Shadowmourne you could get a floating red error message saying:
    The item level of your gear is too high to queue.
    In this case players wouldn't be able to use their donated gear inside of the arena anymore. Everybody would need to grind a second gear set for arena.
    It would make much more sense to scale items down upon entering the arena so everybody can keep using his gear.

4. In this case players wouldn't be able to use their donated gear inside of the arena anymore. Everybody would need to grind a second gear set for arena.
    It would make much more sense to scale items down upon entering the arena so everybody can keep using his gear.
    I get your point but that would be (probably) very hard to implement properly.
    An easier solution for the complaints would be giving the players who bought SM some compensation coins/cupons or some kind of exclusive bonus/reward.

I don't think warmane is willing to do anything abut this situation anyway.

5. I do think competitive arena is very unbalanced when such a strong item as smourne (and val'anyr) is, is available. Almost every warrior/dk/paladin has it, which gives those classes a upperhand. When legendary items were designed it wasnt meant for everyone to have it. In vanilla you were a part of the "elite" if you had a legendary, and you were prolly the only one on the server to have it. I like the idea of nerfing legendary weapons in arena, and in arena only. That way people who bought their items still have the satisfaction of owning people in bgs and world pvp. It would be nice to play arena where some classes dont have the upper hand just because their class can get a legendary and others cant. I don't like the idea of nerding heroic bis items, because all classes can get those.

6. I do think competitive arena is very unbalanced when such a strong item as smourne (and val'anyr) is, is available. Almost every warrior/dk/paladin has it, which gives those classes a upperhand. When legendary items were designed it wasnt meant for everyone to have it. In vanilla you were a part of the "elite" if you had a legendary, and you were prolly the only one on the server to have it. I like the idea of nerfing legendary weapons in arena, and in arena only. That way people who bought their items still have the satisfaction of owning people in bgs and world pvp. It would be nice to play arena where some classes dont have the upper hand just because their class can get a legendary and others cant. I don't like the idea of nerding heroic bis items, because all classes can get those.
    Well I have been spectating lots of arena matches in Blackrock sewers when waiting for queue or something. I have seen lots of mirror matches of warr/paladin. Seems those which has a SM does ridiculously more dmg than the other with oatbinder polearm or anything other 25hc EPIC 2h. Pressure and control of the match is totally in the hands of Shadowmourne team. Other gear is completely same full wrath with those pve epic off parts and double trinkets.

I think best idea is to nerf Shadowmourne and those RS25HC epics little down ATLEAST in arena matches so it makes game more interesting and competitive in arena section and shuffles the setups of 2v2. Not everyone wants to play warr/pally but what you can do if you cant be fully competitive without playing that setup? Well ladders speaks itself. full of those setups.

Wotlk is kinda old content now. It had its pros and cons back in then like every expansion. In Arena scene this means that there was ONE totally overpowered setup that made whole scene simple and straight: just play this setup if you want to be competitive and enjoy arena matches. Now when we are only playing same patch and content over and over? why dont just fix those cons? like do something to this problem of Shadowmournes rs25hc epics? Not everyone want to play dk,pally,warr? You cant even challenge these classes with feral,enha,lock. in 1v1 or open field XvX.

Pick any competitive game: There is always custom rules/official rules for the match settled that favors for competion of tournament. FPS games: few guns, grenades or gadgets banned. MOBA games: few heroes banned. Official tournament realms from wow: gear restricted to same for everyone. Few op items totally banned from the servers like bauble,legendaries,RS25HC items. Im such old fart now who have been playing clanbase matches +10-15 years ago eg: Far cry 1, enemy territory. There was always custom rules to keep the game competitive. PS. roll eddy in tekken 3 and just spam buttons or just ban whole character from the competitive matches? which is wiser?
    Edited: January 15, 2020

First 12