1. One week after the rates of Outland has been changed the population is almost the same. It barely increased, if at all.
    We also plan to offer limited promotions such as Instant 60 with gear sets to encourage people to play.
    I doubt that instant 60 will be enough to make the realm populated again.

Maybe the only option is to turn Outland into the TBC equivalent of Blackrock but also with PvE content.
    - Instant 70
    - Instant max rep
    - free max profs
    - free potion/flask
    - free gems/enchants
    - free pvp/pve starter gear (s1 and kara)

Ppl could start straight away with BGs, Arena and Raiding. Gold grinding wouldn't be neccesary.
    I feel like this is the only option to get enough players to make BGs, Arena and Raids active again.
    Edited: March 5, 2020

2. In the end, blatant overtuning of T5-T6 has something to do with the situation.. including the fact that you need strong guilds/tight community/excellent players who are on top of it.

But any weak links, a tired ONE heal -- and the whole raid will stumble and not complete in one night. I am amused that someone tried to run pugs on BT, a desperate move. (Blizzlike it was possible to run pugs on BT after SWP patch went live).

Horde-side community is tight but also toxic, specially outside of a guild, but to be a full member of a guild (if you want BT/SWP rates) you do need T6-level items in your gear and other BiS or next to it.

3. One week after the rates of Outland has been changed the population is almost the same. It barely increased, if at all.

I doubt that instant 60 will be enough to make the realm populated again.

Maybe the only option is to turn Outland into the TBC equivalent of Blackrock but also with PvE content.
    - Instant 70
    - Instant max rep
    - free max profs
    - free potion/flask
    - free gems/enchants
    - free pvp/pve starter gear (s1 and kara)

Ppl could start straight away with BGs, Arena and Raiding. Gold grinding wouldn't be neccesary.
    I feel like this is the only option to get enough players to make BGs, Arena and Raids active again.
    I like the idea of starting at 60, but with max rep, free s1/kara gear once you get to 70, professions starting at 300, not the free flask and enchants tho, it ruins professions :P

4. Just do new TBC server, problem solved.

5. I think the server is fine, I don't like the idea of instant max level or reputations. The fact is now with higher rates farming these reps are significantly easier and a fun part of the expansion. Just needs more support and time to rebuild.

6. Cythen your activity in these threads gives me hope. I think it would be fun for icecrown or lord guilds to just recreate on outland. flood it at least one day. bet a lot will stay.

7. For sure. I honestly expected the server to be more like Icecrown when I started playing here. I think that's the main reason it failed strictly because it didn't appeal to those who enjoy Icecrown. Now it has everything Icecrown has. Similar Rates and all. If it was populated enough perhaps even the LFG Tool in Burning Crusade would work as well aside from just /global.

The only thing I personally think it's missing is 5m Blue items on a Vote Shop and a few items on the store like Thunderfury. That and they should probably adjust item coin prices to be more like Icecrown.

I'm optimistic that this server has the potential to grow exponentially to a similar size as Icecrown. It's pretty much the same type of server now with different scenery.
    Edited: March 8, 2020

8. I've heard from so many people they dont want to play bc cause its too grindy. but with these rate changes. its not really lol

9. I'm optimistic that this server has the potential to grow exponentially to a similar size as Icecrown. It's pretty much the same type of server now with different scenery.
    I'd love to share your optimism but the population is stagnant.
    Even when a realm has excelent scripts, fitting rates, etc, all of that doesn't help when there is nobody playing on it.

Not sure if Warmane is going to advertise Outland. It's kinda against their philosophy. They avoid reddit due to it's toxic community and they don't put their realms on these server ranking sides because they are corrupt.
    So how do you advertise the realm? How do you create a hype?

10. I am aware this is slightly off topic so I will only post one post about it. I made a Guild on the Alliance Side named <There Is Hope> in reference to this post.

<There Is Hope> Is primarily to grow together as a community. We give Gold and Assistance to new players so the Server has less of a turnover rate and more players that continue to play on the Server (Especially Alliance).

Everyone can Invite to the Guild, We have a Guild Bank Tab for helpful Items/Materials.

If you are interested or a new player that could use 5 Gold or if you just want to give back and be a positive force for change on the Server feel free to whisper literally anyone in the Guild and I am sure we'd love to have you.

11. Sigh... miss this server so much.
    The only other choice is russian infested, ninja, noob, trash fest with a fraction fo the PVP Otualnd use to have.
    But I keep believing lel

12. I have been seeing a positive change in both attitude and population. I have no doubt in my mind that this server is indeed climbing a ladder towards success. It's just going to be slow and steady.

4 days ago Alliance only had about 4-7 Online during US times. Last night thanks to the Guild I made and a handful of others being on there was 16 Online and we ran a few 5m Dungeons.

I regularly /who and give every single new player 5 Gold and ask if they want to be part of <There Is Hope> which is pretty much becoming the new Global Chat.

You can indeed be hopeful because I am beginning to see that it's working.

P.S. Warmane owes me xD I've given 60+ new players 5 Gold and we have 80+ Guild Members in only 5-6 Days so that tells you we are getting a good amount of new players. A Thunderfury in the mailbox would suffice. :P
    Edited: March 15, 2020

13. We're in the middle of a pandemic and there's less than 250 players online... Restart the server!

14. Wipe/Restart is absolutely dumb, they won't ever do that because warmane is smart. Launching a new server is the only possibly way forward at this point, if they are serious about wanting to have an active tbc base. Possibly blackrock-like but more likely normal.

15. Alliance has gone from 5 online to 40 in a matter of 10 days thanks to the new rates and my guild. Have some patience. The Server is back and back for good if it keeps up this momentum. If you want to restart so bad make a new character on Alliance and join There Is Hope, I will give you 5 Gold and you will have a guild with 20+ online at all times.

First ... 7891011 Last