1. Making cross-realm feature optional would be a very good idea, with no harm for anyone.

ICC and BR don't have problems with que times, even without Lordaeron players (which are very rare nowadays in BGs/Arenas).
    On Lordaeron, you could freely choose to enable cross-realm and have insta-que with donors, or turning it off and having to deal only with other Lordaeron players with a bit longer que times.

There is literally no downside of it, your post is illogical.
    Lordaeron players like you who think it's a good idea to have cross-realm feature optional are mostly well geared who don't want to face healthy competition in arenas and bgs, but want to have upper hand in arenas and bgs by farming low gs people within your realm. For that particular mentality, cross-realm was not made optional and won't be made anyway because players like you can't escape or slide away from fair fights.

Hope now you understand the logic of this post and your escape artist tactics to skip fights with cross-realm won't work whatsoever.

2. Lordaeron players like you who think it's a good idea to have cross-realm feature optional are mostly well geared who don't want to face healthy competition in arenas and bgs, but want to have upper hand in arenas and bgs by farming low gs people within your realm. For that particular mentality, cross-realm was not made optional and won't be made anyway because players like you can't escape or slide away from fair fights.

Hope now you understand the logic of this post and your escape artist tactics to skip fights with cross-realm won't work whatsoever.
    I dont play on Lordaeron, I would like to, but not until cross-realm is a thing. Have several bis/sm characters on the other realms. Try again.

If someone start from crap and earn his gear throught the game, he has every right to stomp people in PvP, that's the whole point of WoW and MMOs. If he manage to reach 6k+, the only fair fight would be with others 6k+ WHO EARNED THEIR GEAR, and who passed through the same thing as him. Certainly not donors. It is such a simple concept that is unbelievable *some* people don't get it.

Please start posting something that is not a total cringe and no sense fest. Your posts hurt people brains.

3. WHO EARNED THEIR GEAR
    What's "earning"? Is it on retail? Here? Do people who had the gear in official servers get to have it here without "earning" it again? If not, why not? With money or with grinding? How does the way someone gets it matters in their PvP performance? Do their skills when they beat you with X gearset mean less because they didn't grind for it? If "earning" it mattered when it comes to skill, shouldn't those who "earned" it beat those who didn't every single time? Is that just an excuse to have less competition - or less betters in the competition? The whole "earning" argument is just a cop-out. If you can't beat them with "unearned" gear, the result wouldn't be different if it was "earned."

4. I hereby support Loraaeron-only bgs and arena. We now have almost 6k players on high traffic times so we definitely have the base for pvp withing our realms. I have talked to many people already on the subject and most people are turned off from joining bgs because of the prospect of facing full wrathfull ennemy teams. Some even were asked to "go back to doing dungeons on lordaeron" because since the difference is so great in therm of gs, the team with the highest number of people from icecrown usually win. Where is the fun in being laugh at and being called a liability? Is this the philosophy of the staff? Where is the fun in fighting people who are essentially faceless I.A. players who you will never meet again in world pvp or pve? Where is the sense of community? I am sure less than 5% of the population of Lordaeron actually queues pvp and those who dont are mostly because they would rather just farm honor through WG or Stone Keeper Shard in hopes of gathering a full furious set who will still be massively outclassed by the full hc wrathfull in Icecrown. Where is the joy of the slow pvp grind and the sense of progression? In WoW skill will only take you so far and good luck improving your skills in pvp through the pvp experience if you get 2 shotted and have an average lifespan of 5 seconds..

Lordaeron deserves better and you know it.
    Edited: February 3, 2020

5. We now have almost 6k players on high traffic times.
    We do? Where is this information?

6. It would be interesting to hear from staff about how hard would it be to implement this optional cross-realm feature. That would certainly solve many problems and would allows to see finally which is better - wait for a bit longer for bgs and have more fun with fairer competition, or instant queue and instant death - I mean, I know there are some ppl highly geared who want better competition, but most of Lord players just want an opportunity to join bgs as a 5k gs player, and not being one shotted.

7. I hereby support Loraaeron-only bgs and arena. We now have almost 6k players on high traffic times so we definitely have the base for pvp withing our realms. I have talked to many people already on the subject and most people are turned off from joining bgs because of the prospect of facing full wrathfull ennemy teams.

Lordaeron deserves better and you know it.
    Wow! 6k gs players on high traffic time geared and loaded, but don't want cross-realm? Why?

Warmane has a gs based queue system for cross-realm, so if you are within that gs bracket you will only be in bg with that similar gs bracket people. Therefore, I think cross-realm shouldn't be blamed. Only Lordaeron players like you who are 6k+ gs have problem with cross-realm because they don't have the PvP skill set or don't want a fair fight.

Your concept is pretty much like you said, you are 6k+ gs, but you don't want your opponents to have stronger or same gear as you. For this very reason gs bracket based cross-realm feature was introduced.

Yeah sure, Lordaeron deserves better and we know it.

8. @ Terrato137 Silly me! now we have 8k players online!
    https://imgur.com/sXHDEKq

Wow! 6k gs players on high traffic time geared and loaded, but don't want cross-realm? Why?

Warmane has a gs based queue system for cross-realm, so if you are within that gs bracket you will only be in bg with that similar gs bracket people. Therefore, I think cross-realm shouldn't be blamed. Only Lordaeron players like you who are 6k+ gs have problem with cross-realm because they don't have the PvP skill set or don't want a fair fight.

Your concept is pretty much like you said, you are 6k+ gs, but you don't want your opponents to have stronger or same gear as you. For this very reason gs bracket based cross-realm feature was introduced.

I am not sure if English is your first language, but I have never once mentioned players with 6k gs. I only said that there were 6k players ONLINE (i.e. number of players that are NOT OFFLINE) at the time of my original reply to this thread.

My point stands.

Don't make silly assumptions based on bad reading comprehension please.

edit: also my highest geared pvp char is not even 5k.

9. That brack system isn't helping much. I started fighting players with 6k+ gs as soon as I reached 4,6k gs.

Unless we create more brackets.. but if we create more brackets, then it will be pretty much the same thing as not having cross-realm at all, because it will be harder to find people around our gearscore.

10. That brack system isn't helping much. I started fighting players with 6k+ gs as soon as I reached 4,6k gs.

Unless we create more brackets.. but if we create more brackets, then it will be pretty much the same thing as not having cross-realm at all, because it will be harder to find people around our gearscore.
    I really don't care about brackets I just want it to be Lordaeron-Only

11. I am not sure if English is your first language, but I have never once mentioned players with 6k gs. I only said that there were 6k players ONLINE (i.e. number of players that are NOT OFFLINE) at the time of my original reply to this thread.

My point stands.

Don't make silly assumptions based on bad reading comprehension please.
    Oh yeah! You're right. I didn't read properly, my bad. Yes, English is my first language my dear Lordaeron player.

However, my point still stands as is from my previous post and so does cross-realm.

With that being said, now you can go ahead and cry me a river about "number of players that are NOT OFFLINE", English, and cross-realm.

12. Oh yeah! You're right. I didn't read properly, my bad. Yes, English is my first language my dear Lordaeron player.

However, my point still stands as is from my previous post and so does cross-realm.

With that being said, now you can go ahead and cry me a river about "number of players that are NOT OFFLINE", English, and cross-realm.
    I think you are lost dear friend, let me help you find your place: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269 .

13. What's "earning"? Is it on retail? Here? Do people who had the gear in official servers get to have it here without "earning" it again? If not, why not? With money or with grinding? How does the way someone gets it matters in their PvP performance? Do their skills when they beat you with X gearset mean less because they didn't grind for it? If "earning" it mattered when it comes to skill, shouldn't those who "earned" it beat those who didn't every single time? Is that just an excuse to have less competition - or less betters in the competition? The whole "earning" argument is just a cop-out. If you can't beat them with "unearned" gear, the result wouldn't be different if it was "earned."

its clear you are playing dumb but lets pretend is legit:
    why don't give instant lengendaries/284 gear to blackrock then?

14. What's "earning"? Is it on retail? Here? Do people who had the gear in official servers get to have it here without "earning" it again? If not, why not? With money or with grinding? How does the way someone gets it matters in their PvP performance? Do their skills when they beat you with X gearset mean less because they didn't grind for it? If "earning" it mattered when it comes to skill, shouldn't those who "earned" it beat those who didn't every single time? Is that just an excuse to have less competition - or less betters in the competition? The whole "earning" argument is just a cop-out. If you can't beat them with "unearned" gear, the result wouldn't be different if it was "earned."
    partially true, but it's also a fact that even down at 1.6k most teams are close to BiS, the only reason they are there is that they suck badly. This essentially means that you have to face people who have 1k more gearscore than you as casual lordaeron player in the majority of your matches. To make up for that difference in gear, the difference in skill has to be crazy. And losing a match at 1.6k rating against clickers and keyboardturners because they have easily double your dmg and much more survivability can be frustrating I imagine. The only way to really do well in pvp as lordaeron player is to be part of a big raiding guild and then get your basegear there and buy relenltess gear for the rest to get resilience up.

Whatever your definition of earning is, you cannot deny that there is a difference in difficulty to get it between the servers, which is the core issue. And gear is a really big factor in pvp, so matches where the worse team has better gear and therefore wins happen quite often. Arena just feels like it has no place for people who don't have great gear yet, because the majority of ppl come from icecrown and set the standard to 6.3k gs with 1.1k resilience. I'm not giving solutions btw, just explaining the obvious problem

15. Wow! 6k gs players on high traffic time geared and loaded, but don't want cross-realm? Why?

the "high gs bracket" starts from 5k gs upwards which litterally every donkey reaches with a bit of playtime on 80, even on lordaeron. telling a 5k pve player that he is in the wrong and bad for not wanting to face "equal" players who have 6.7k pvp gear seems a bit of a stretch to me tbh.

First ... 23456 ... Last