1. Holy priests under appreciated

Is it just me or priests are under appreciated in this server? I use to play in Molten and it didn't have this stigma that Holy priests suck. Here ppl hate on holy and even shadow priests. Ppl looking for heals and specifically mentioning no priests. I got into ICC once and I got kick after they got a dudu.

Man. Shame.

What do you think? Should I just respec to Disc? I really just don't find Disc enjoyable :(

2. Yes. Simple question simple answer. Respec disc.

3. Most people here suck beyond reason at holy and shadow but if you can prove otherwise then it's not hard to be invited to about any raid you want.

You know what's more satisfying than topping a chart? Beating people with a class that nobody thinks is good. It makes all these self proclaimed pros go back and put some thought into things instead of mindlessly accepting whatever crap was spewed at them by whoever beat them when they were new.

4. Most people here suck beyond reason at holy and shadow but if you can prove otherwise then it's not hard to be invited to about any raid you want.
    This is true tho. Many people suck balls at shadow (judging by the recount when I raid) but every now and then there's a shadow pulling 12k. Can't speak for holy.
    @Lordaeron

5. This is true tho. Many people suck balls at shadow (judging by the recount when I raid) but every now and then there's a shadow pulling 12k. Can't speak for holy.
    @Lordaeron
    Yeah. I'm on Icecrown out of laziness but same deal. I like shadow cause it's not another button mashing spec while holy is fun because it's more about reaction time in the moment. I have a disc set too but that only goes on when i'm really bored and no more than once every 6 months lol. Performance wise I have no problem being in the upper end of charts for shadow and holy I'm generally #1 unless we have a squishy tank or something else going on where a paladin can maximize HL.

6. The general populace of warmane players are pretty much mediocre to bad players. They only want the best based on recount or skada. Sad.

7. Idk I saw many holy priests actually, i mean yeah there are disco mostly but I've seen holy. But I'd say that with my hpala it's also sometimes hard to find raids because people mostly want druids/shamans.

8. Idk I saw many holy priests actually, i mean yeah there are disco mostly but I've seen holy. But I'd say that with my hpala it's also sometimes hard to find raids because people mostly want druids/shamans.
    Holy priest doesn't replace a hpala/shaman, you'd usually take a hpriest over a resto druid. Main reason why you don't see holy priests more often is because it's a rather hard spec to play and most people end up spamming renew. Pretty much the same reason you don't see prot warriors, high skill requirement and average pugs tend to disappoint. If you learn the spec properly you shouldn't have an issue finding a raid especially since most raids go for 5 healers.

As a disc you have a guaranteed spot in any raid, but the playstyle is different so you can't say going disc is better. It's a matter of what you like playing with disc having better chances of getting into a raid.

9. Holy priest doesn't replace a hpala/shaman, you'd usually take a hpriest over a resto druid. Main reason why you don't see holy priests more often is because it's a rather hard spec to play and most people end up spamming renew. Pretty much the same reason you don't see prot warriors, high skill requirement and average pugs tend to disappoint. If you learn the spec properly you shouldn't have an issue finding a raid especially since most raids go for 5 healers.

As a disc you have a guaranteed spot in any raid, but the playstyle is different so you can't say going disc is better. It's a matter of what you like playing with disc having better chances of getting into a raid.
    Agreed ^ Just play what you like, stick with it and specialize yourself to it.

10. I main Holy Priest, did when i subscribed cos my guild needed a healer for raids and i was Shadow priest. I main Holy Priest here, Lorderon Server though. I find that i can keep any group alive as long as two conditions are met.

First: The Tank does not get 1-shotted (Feral Druids with Dps talents only) and (Protection Warriors who don't spec correctly)

Second: The tank can actually control the threat. Holy priest has 2-3 good group heals, problem is they can be mana heavy. If I have to spent all my mana on that we have to stop between fights to regen mana or die.

If i have a good tank, I just throw shield and renew on him and sit to drink when I hit 25% mana - He is then able to fight without heals at all till I have full mana and we can keep going. No pauses for mana at all.

11. statement that holy priests are hard or people suck at playing them is absurd. Then how you explain fact that everyone learned holy priests in cata ? why they are good there considering fact it's same hpriest but with +4 +5 procs and spells ? Suppose to be even harder isn't it ? Holy priests are addressed in later expansions same as survival hunters.

12. Here, Armand85, I'll answer your question with another question. Why are you comparing the Warmane community with the retail community?
    People on HERE are not accustomed to seeing Holy Priests, or ones that are any decent for that matter. Moreover, people here have the tendency to gauge the quality of a healer purely by their HPS, which as any experienced healer knows bull****.

13. Here, Armand85, I'll answer your question with another question. Why are you comparing the Warmane community with the retail community?
    People on HERE are not accustomed to seeing Holy Priests, or ones that are any decent for that matter. Moreover, people here have the tendency to gauge the quality of a healer purely by their HPS, which as any experienced healer knows bull****.
    well if we cut out recount then it's totally different story here, but thats not how wow works. Go try to convince lead that you did good. I know that priests have decent emergency healing specially when raid under 50% hp which recount wont tell. Metrics are part of this game where people compete.
    I myself don't play hpriest because without spells which hpriest had in cata lost all fun. But it's specific to me only.

14. I've seen many holy priests in Dalaran that are in top guilds and they were extremely well geared (Lordaeron). I play holy priest for our 25HC progression. I consistently get #1 in Skada in LK10NM and many other 10man fights. In 25, I have some fights where I am last or second last in terms of amount of healing, and other fights where I am almost near the holy paladin.
    Also, not only the healing but the mechanics of the class help a lot in some encounters. For example, Body & Soul is awesome in so many fights, including LK... Also, PoM is so useful in some parts of fights (Sindragosa while waiting for Unchained to explode, Rotface when it spits to ranged that can't avoid it...).
    This community has a tendency to deem some specs useless without thinking why.
    Edited: March 3, 2020

15. good players will know hpriest is a hard class to learn, but can become, once mastered, a highly flexible pick with great utility

mediocre players will consider it a decent blanket healer with renew

bad players will think it's useless

trash players will link a HPS meter

The only reason you don't see as many priests here as on retail is because over the years of minmaxing wotlk, it got gradually eclipsed by Rshamans (and rightly so..).
    Edited: March 3, 2020

12 Last