1. changing resolution in game causes it to freeze

Hello! I recently started playing again and I'm having issues changing my resolution in game. It set itself to 1024x768 automatically so when I try to update it to 1920x1080 to fit my monitor's resolution better, my game freezes up and I have to do a hard shut down on my computer and restart it. It always goes back to 1024x768, which is frustrating because everything looks so clunky and awful, but I really do want to play so I suffer through it as much as I can. Does anyone have some tips on how I can fix this issue?

2. Try moving WoW folder, then right click->properties->remove "Read-only".

3. Same issue and this did not correct the problem and I have used LAA cant even exit game without PC freezing up as well

4. May 2, 2020  
    I had a similar issue and could not find a solution. So some how I found a work around but not exact solution.
    Go to WOW folder
    Open WTF folder
    Open Config.wtf file with Notepad ++ or dragging it on the normal note would also work
    Then copy and paste SET gxWindow "1" at the end, after this
    copy and paste SET gxmaximized "1"
    then open wow.exe, now your game will be opened in windowed mode
    now change the resolution to whichever you want and under the windowed mode, select maximized and apply
    this will run your game in your resolution with full screen but remember it still will be windowed mode.
    If anyone else gets exact solution other than unchecking read-only for wow folder or subfolder, please paste it here. :) I hope it helps at least a bit.