1. Does PVP bring out the worst in you?

Hi all,

I play a disc priest in pvp. Im terrible at it. I more often find pvp a frustrating and stressful experience vs a "fun" one. Yet I cant stop playing. It is like being with an abusive partner. Often when I play arena my hands start shaking, i get tunnel vision, forget half my abilities, and just start mashing keys out of panic.

Often in arena there is a angry red northrend creature (from trinket proc) on my screen with shadowmourne graphics swirling around,it as it mercilessly attacks me while I pathetically try to heal my way through its burst. My partner on discord yells at me to dispel the palladins bubble but my situational awareness is reduced to mashing three keys over and over again, praying to survive the burst, forgetting the GCD timer makes such tactics futile.

As i have geared up and reached the impressive rating 1350 in 2s, I kept telling myself as I get better gear this will be a more enjoyable experience, but as I sit at 6k gs, I am beginning to realize such thinking is akin to a herion addict deluding themselves about their addiction getting better.

I often emote spit over and over on a plate wearer with the purple shadowmourne graphic around them as they tunnel me. I often do this to players that outgear and "outskill" me instead of trying to counter them. Afterwards I realize that i was just standing in WG spitting over and over on 2 warriors beating on me instead of actually trying to counter them with my abilities. I often ragequit BGs as soon as i see a BIS warrior or pally come after me. Ive deleted my characters only to contact warmane staff to restore them a few days later.

Ive developed some really bad responses of panic, tunnel vision, followed by anger during pvp. My struggle now is to unlearn these responses. I dont feel good about myself letting down my teamates as a healer, nor do i feel good about myself after spitting on other players.

I used to play DPS in pvp back on retail and i prided myself in my pvp "skillz". I would mock noobs and teabagg their corpses as i gloated over their misfortune. I mention this because for me there is a lesson here ten plus years after retail Wotlk was over, and i get to revisit it now. For you to be a pvp pro, you need to have others less skilled, competent, and less geared to a certain degree.

Forgive me if I didnt articulate my story better, this post is just myself venting my inadequacies and frustrations, I have just been experiencing a lot of negative emotions in pvp and it creates a negative feedback loop, just making it an unwholesome and self depreciating experience. I often find myself obsessing over it as well when i am not logged on.

If anyone else would like to share how pvp brings out their shadow, that would be great to read about. Also to clarify a few things before closing; this is not so much about imbalance in pvp, or GS, shadowmourne etc, but it is about how one reacts and treats other people, and I am reaching out to the community here hoping others share if pvp affects them negatively.

Something I am reminding myself now, If one is being ganked, camped, teabagged and spit on, or dominating 3vs3 at 3k rating, it is still a human being on the other side of the computer monitor. It is very easy to forget that.

Thanks for reading.

2. I dont experience the same but my roommates playing League of Legends almost always lose their control. Kindest people in daily life begin swearing about someones mom they never met. Thank you for the good post.

3. no

but getting kicked out of a raid does , for me.

lol

4. I kept telling myself as I get better gear this will be a more enjoyable experience, but as I sit at 6k gs, I am beginning to realize such thinking is akin to a herion addict deluding themselves about their addiction getting better.

Ive deleted my characters only to contact warmane staff to restore them a few days later.
    It sounds to me like this game does more harm than good to you.
    How many hours per day are you playing?

5. You should definitely try out eve online, according to your behaviour that game suits you perfectly.

More on topic, no not really. I get annoyed at "cheap" tactics like people scumming 1v1s with items but in general i tend not to tilt in wow pvp. Mostly cause nothing really is on the line.

6. It sounds to me like this game does more harm than good to you.
    How many hours per day are you playing?
    About 2-3 hours a day. By wow standards I realize this isnt that much time, but even then, the addictive potential of this game is very evident to me.

This is just a curiosity of mine to know how many other people go full ****** when playing pvp and curse their opponents mothers for giving birth to them, beat their neighbors dogs, set fire to the church and go bare knuckle brawling with hobos after losing arena 15 matches in a row.

7. Well, you spit for a reason. Game is broken with all BIS ppl and SM wearers but oh well... so spit freely.

I only play bgs, and when we are winning. If I see we are losing, if its AB or EOTS I afk till the end. Rest I leave and log in another character.

I often was thinking about logging on horde and poping bloodlust on my shaman then leave bg....

8. I remember the times when you can reach 1800 rate with BM hunters (they were bugged), with 5.5gs paladin etc... Now..pffff you cant reach 1000rate with that.

9. There's no point in trying to do that without 1.4k resi and 32k+ of HP.
    Getting 12k crits with 1.2k resilience is no fun at all, so ye, back to eternal farming it is.

10. Well, you spit for a reason. Game is broken with all BIS ppl and SM wearers but oh well... so spit freely.

I only play bgs, and when we are winning. If I see we are losing, if its AB or EOTS I afk till the end. Rest I leave and log in another character.

I often was thinking about logging on horde and poping bloodlust on my shaman then leave bg....
    Seriously, you poeple are the worst thing on bg.
    Don't be an *** and leave instead of afking and ruin everybody else fun. If you like only winning find a pvp guild and do premades, which i find extremely boring, cause camping GY can't be entertaining at all.

11. I remember the times when you can reach 1800 rate with BM hunters (they were bugged), with 5.5gs paladin etc... Now..pffff you cant reach 1000rate with that.
    You can still do that (with MM ones, now that bugs are fixed). Hell, you can get to like 1800 or so just with 2 starter characters on Blackrock if you play ret/mm.

12. There's no point in trying to do that without 1.4k resi and 32k+ of HP.
    Getting 12k crits with 1.2k resilience is no fun at all, so ye, back to eternal farming it is.
    Im at 1.5k resil, and all i can hope for is one day getting the 1550 2vs2 achievement. Thats the highest I dare set the bar.

13. Seriously, you poeple are the worst thing on bg.
    Don't be an *** and leave instead of afking and ruin everybody else fun. If you like only winning find a pvp guild and do premades, which i find extremely boring, cause camping GY can't be entertaining at all.
    the fun thing is this same premades almost always ragequit after getting farmed by my multibox setup and they keep dieng with that "thumbs down" flag.

They join in a full party against random people but they rage when they get farmed by me.

Go figure

14. the fun thing is this same premades almost always ragequit after getting farmed by my multibox setup and they keep dieng with that "thumbs down" flag.

They join in a full party against random people but they rage when they get farmed by me.

Go figure
    What you are really saying is that you are the top of the pvp food chain. When you roll through even BIS premades cry.

You are a multiboxer. Just about everyone looks at you with contempt.

I am of the mindset that multiboxers are a cancer in game. You feed on tears and in-game misery.

When I get one shotted by your kind it makes me angry, it fills me with rage, i even find myself wishing harm would come to you in real life. I then realize how much animosity I feel towards others and i hang my head in shame.

Your above post only feeds into that. Something to consider when you play pvp god with your 10 accounts running at once.

15. Arenas are fine, I have a lot of fun playing ret/mm or lock/ele. I don't play other setups often since it really doesn't work unless you are BiS and most of the times your opponents are using scripts. BG's on the other do bring out the worst of me. It baffles me how is it possible that in 2020 people don't know how to win BG's. One would think that they go for HK's but is not even that, they just run around like beheaded chickens, ignoring objectives, running away from groups of enemies when they are in inferiority, nobody seems to grasp a word of what is being said in the BG chat, it's a total mess.

12 Last