1. I lost my gold ???

Hey mates
    i just reached to lvl 80 ..I have received a message in my mail that says Congratulations for reaching the 80th level and we'll give you 2,500 gold. Something like that and a box containing some crap .. And I like a fool pressed the bag in the letter and lost my gold ... Who did this to me?
    Edited: January 14, 2020

2. There is a type of mail traiding system in WoW where the sender can send you items via mail and if you choose to collect those items, you automatically send gold back to the sender (the amount is specified in the mail itself). With this being said, there is a very common type of scam associated with this, a victim of which you have just been, as it seems.

You most likely won't be getting your gold back, so let this be a lesson to you, to always read the mail carefully. If you get any random items that demand gold, delete the mail and don't fall for the scam again. Good luck!

3. LoL .. i lost my gold .. Thx anyway ..

4. Tbh it'd be good idea to delete or edit this post. You just gave this idea to every gold beggar to try

5. I guess this is something newbies fall for
    they basically made you pay 2500 for whatever they sent by using cod (cash on delivery)
    if you screensjotred everything maybe something could've been done against this scam idk if its against the guidelines

just use this as a lesson, lots of scammers here
    had someone steal like 40 netherweave bags from my guilds bank because they abused our system

6. here is from rules and stuff with link on what you can do about it

NO SCAMMING
    Acquiring someone's items or gold by missinformation or fraud is not tolerated. Should you be victim of an ingame goods scam, for further information, view this thread

C.O.D. mail scam: Attempting to scam gold from players through the mail system is not acceptable.

7. Tbh it'd be good idea to delete or edit this post. You just gave this idea to every gold beggar to try
    That idea is old as WoW itself, it's nothing new.

8. NOTE: If you are in any way suspicious of anyone trying to scam, SCREENSHOT (and don't edit it in any way) and send to Warmane. They will deal with the player. Although, there is a very small chance if you've been scammed of any items, you won't get them back, regardless of actions taken on the player.

9. Thx mates for answering me .. its never happen again

10. The issue about this stuff, the staff cannot give back lost items or gold, and therefore most people don't even bother reporting this stuff.