1. I wont deny that frostwolf has been neglected and that the team focus was elsewhere and still is to an extent. The criticism is well earned and it is not a bad thing to doubt words until proven otherwise.
    I will attempt to correct some mistakes at least give the realm some long needed attention.
    Do not argue among yourselves needlessly.

I will continue reporting issues for fw in hopes that the players left can at least enjoy it a bit more. You dont have to believe me nor am i interested in that, work is work

2. I think I downloaded and deleted the game at least 30 times, I get hit by nostalgia once in a while so I come back, but once I log in, I check Ogrimmar, Stormwind, and the Shrines but not a single soul so I end deleting again. I miss those good times.

3. Gold Squish gonna make those old guilds gold half for the 3rd time. I think how Warmane implement things is wrong.

These guilds, characters already paid 75% of their gold since they are inactive now another 12.5% for the ~3. year? 10Million gold (full gbank) worths after the 3. Gold steal 1.250.000 gold.

Good job Warmane, You can fix whatever You want, BUT those guilds won't come back ever to play on Frostwolf, nor Outland.
    Edited: January 24, 2020

4. @Deleted comments, the only way the arguments stop (which you seem to want them to), is if you stfu.

@Alpha&Omega, I just can't fathom gold being what makes-or-breaks people's desire to play an expansion. It's far more likely the state of the expansion's development that is a cause.

5. @Deleted comments, the only way the arguments stop (which you seem to want them to), is if you stfu.

@Alpha&Omega, I just can't fathom gold being what makes-or-breaks people's desire to play an expansion. It's far more likely the state of the expansion's development that is a cause.
    That's where the disconnect is, staff treat all realms the same and you clearly have no idea about frostwolf's players. It wasn't the main reason but the annual wipes on the already small population was a deciding factor and final nail in the coffin for many.

It may be foreboding but seeing staff actually reply in these threads last few days gives me a small glimmer of hope.
    Edited: January 24, 2020

6. It may be foreboding but seeing staff actually reply in these threads last few days gives me a small glimmer of hope.

Hope for what?
    Fixing the realm? No matter how many bugs they fix, it won't bring people back, especially not pvp people. The only way to revive is to reward people who restart/join it with something they care about.

Deciding to give us a choice? Nope. I strongly believe they are keeping it on just so somebody can earn their paycheck by working on a dead realm.

Show that they care? They don't. If they did, they'd give us a goddam choice. Keep working on the realm for 10 years if you want, but let me get off it, let me move my characters or exchange them for max lvl/gear/gold/coins/points elsewhere. Unless you're looking for a way not to compensate us AT ALL, you might as well do it now.

Any info? Besides " we will continue working on it", they won't tell you anything, probably cause they either don't know yet, or they do, but you wouldn't like the answer.
    I'm starting to think that they are waiting for 90% of people who played on it to disappear, so they can just wipe the realm without giving us anything.

7. Hope for what?
    Fixing the realm? No matter how many bugs they fix, it won't bring people back, especially not pvp people. The only way to revive is to reward people who restart/join it with something they care about.

Deciding to give us a choice? Nope. I strongly believe they are keeping it on just so somebody can earn their paycheck by working on a dead realm.

Show that they care? They don't. If they did, they'd give us a goddam choice. Keep working on the realm for 10 years if you want, but let me get off it, let me move my characters or exchange them for max lvl/gear/gold/coins/points elsewhere. Unless you're looking for a way not to compensate us AT ALL, you might as well do it now.

Any info? Besides " we will continue working on it", they won't tell you anything, probably cause they either don't know yet, or they do, but you wouldn't like the answer.
    I'm starting to think that they are waiting for 90% of people who played on it to disappear, so they can just wipe the realm without giving us anything.
    Stop waiting for compensation its not gonna happen and if it is none of us will be happy with it. Just like staff you are repeating yourself wanting something that clearly not going to happens otherwise it would of already. So just lurk here or move on at this point.

8. @Deleted comments, the only way the arguments stop (which you seem to want them to), is if you stfu.

Think about it after 4th gold squish the server might run with population and old guilds might want to come back then they might have 625k gold from 10Mill gols is not gonna be FUN.

Don't you think Casper?

100%= 10Mill (this is the time mix 2016- Early/ mid 2017 when ppls were still active)
    50%= 5 mill (1th gold squish 2018)
    25% = 2.5Mill (2th gold squish 2019)
    12.5% = 1.25mill (3th gold squish 2020)
    6.25% = 625.000 (4th gold squish 2021)

93.75% of their gold is taken from 100% in 4 year, looks like Warmane is a cannibal, atleast you know it and experienced it as you wanted.

You won't be able to invite back Pve guilds to the realm with all of your effort, when the Auction House and everything is filled up after you start to work, yeah that's the point when you Want gold, NOBODY will fight FOR a NON- populated realm.

2020 is NOT a WOTLK Year!

Even entire guilds in BiS gear won't boost new players from Previous tear, cuz they lack of Gold, professions, material, players.

At this point you make Cannibalism on Frostwolf.

Players wait already for years until the Wotlk pink cloud flies away and Frostwolf gets the REQUIRED support by Warmane.
    Edited: January 25, 2020

9. @ AlphaΩ Sure, it sucks. I'm not saying it doesn't. But I think it's far more likely that people left due to the realm's status as a whole. Not just because of gold.

That's where the disconnect is, staff treat all realms the same
    Right, and I do agree that gold squishing a realm with such a small population is pointless. Does more harm than good. But,

and you clearly have no idea about frostwolf's players.
    ... now you're just being ****ing rude.

It wasn't the main reason but the annual wipes on the already small population was a deciding factor and final nail in the coffin for many.
    That's essentially what I'm saying. But I clearly have no idea? I'm not your enemy. Stop treating me as such.

10. The only way to revive is to reward people who restart/join it with something they care about.
    I don't agree. Why would people want to play here when there are better alternatives? Making the expansion on here good enough of a quality to be worth playing on is the first big step. Without it, there's no point in doing anything else.

100% False.
    MoP has potential. The staff definitely feels that way especially after the way Blizzard has been treating retail players. Aside from some certain parts of Legion, MoP was the last time Blizzard delivered a full and good quality expansion. That's something we'd like to hold onto and work to improve.

Sure, it's important that we show that we care. But at this point, and reasonably so, the faith in the staff on the MoP project is so low that it's pointless that we try and argue this point. Actions will show more than any words can.

We're not going to wipe the realm. But as for waiting for people to disappear, that's up to you. There's little we can do aside from getting to work. Making promises, having conversations about how we'll do X or Y is pointless. You rightfully have your doubts. Nothing we say is going to change that. So, again, all we can do is get to work. If you want to bash on us and be rude in the meantime, then whatever. That's just something we'll have the weather until enough has been done to make a real impact on the situation. When I say "real impact", I'm not referring to "Oh look X was fixed and they're working on Y", but more of a "WOW they've really come a long way and turned this train wreck around!"

I won't ask anything of anyone, except that we all try to obey the forum rules.

11. @ AlphaΩ Sure, it sucks. I'm not saying it doesn't. But I think it's far more likely that people left due to the realm's status as a whole. Not just because of gold.

Right, and I do agree that gold squishing a realm with such a small population is pointless. Does more harm than good. But,

... now you're just being ****ing rude.

That's essentially what I'm saying. But I clearly have no idea? I'm not your enemy. Stop treating me as such.
    Staff can always decide to exempt frostwolf and outland from the squishes this year. Even if the realm gets better I don't think squishes are beneficial for smaller realms. If the squishs are global to avoid wrath players salt about it not being done or done to the same extent as them that shouldn't matter when they are not dealing with the same issues as us.
    Wasn't meant to be rude and I might be wrong but that's just how it seems to players past and present of frostwolf.

MoP has potential. The staff definitely feels that way especially after the way Blizzard has been treating retail players. Aside from some certain parts of Legion, MoP was the last time Blizzard delivered a full and good quality expansion. That's something we'd like to hold onto and work to improve.
    Main reason I've been holding out. If things are being worked on I'm happy and hope it isn't a big jebait.

12. Cmon warmane do something back the server alive

13. I stopped playing on MOP a long time ago but I am assuming at this point it is in the same state as Neltharion was when Warmane decided to "decommission" it? Not to be rude but the latter resulted in the worst display of professionalism and sympathy I have ever witnessed from Molten/Warmane ("Update 3 - you get bugged, naked characters on wotlk").

MOP is not decommissioned because it has potential? Perhaps, but I would not blame you if deep down you want to avoid the same disaster that followed Neltharion's decommissioning, which, I must sadly note, could have easily been avoided.

I am not sad about servers/expansions closing, everyone knows 90% don't make it long-term due to the nature of the business and human kind. I am disappointed with how the decommissioning is handled by an owner who used to be so generous and compassionate towards the players. You lost this along the way and I am afraid it is related to a general stance within the management team to prefer a less rewarding and committed approach for several features as of late (new year gifts, abolition of most rewarding events, Neltharion compensation...).

14. I am disappointed with how the decommissioning is handled by an owner who used to be so generous and compassionate towards the players. You lost this along the way and I am afraid it is related to a general stance within the management team to prefer a less rewarding and committed approach for several features as of late (new year gifts, abolition of most rewarding events, Neltharion compensation...).
    This quite nicely exemplifies the concepts of "give them a hand, they'll want an arm" and "do something nice once and it's a gift, do it twice and people turn it into an obligation."

15. This quite nicely exemplifies the concepts of "give them a hand, they'll want an arm" and "do something nice once and it's a gift, do it twice and people turn it into an obligation."
    Not trying to be rude, but what you're doing and what Mercy is doing with "MOP developers get no support" statements sound like you're trying to justify doing nothing meaningful. Yes, it's a private server, and everything you do is a gift, but keep in mind that there are players who invested in MOP/and there are players who invested in MOP straight after molten, so doing nothing would diminish not only the effort players put into MOP but all the effort they put into everything before it too. And they are still here!

And we still get no information other than "it has potential, we are working on it, it's not getting closed", which translated to us means "your geared champs are staying locked there for as long as we like it, and there's nothing you can do about it". And you want us to be fine with that simply because the server is free.

First 1234 Last