1. Can we please never have such EoF farm events anymore?

This is rather insane.
    Gear is somewhat a visual clue on how skilled 1 player may be. If they run with T10, it is a given that they have ran ICC a number of times and perhaps have some skill/knowledge.
    Now, however, raids are filled with 5.5 full T10 people who farmed 700+ EoFs to get full EoF-vendor gear and don't know much about end content. They have basically skipped multiple tiers of raiding just because they farmed all of their gear via the event.

Either way, where is fun in that?
    Warmane keeps telling us that they try to be as "Blizzlike" as possible and refuse to add custom content for the most part. But a game breaking event is totally fine in your eyes. SMH

The purpose is to progress. At least on Lordaeron. Icecrown is a Shadowmourne club, but Lordaeron at least trying to stick to somewhat proper gear progression.

P.S. I did not personally participate in a single EoF farm event myself & i never will. I know it is each to their own, but it does affect everyone's overall experience.

Next year, please, don't make it flat EoF rewards. Make it mounts, pets, and maybe some item pieces. IDC what, but don't allow players to grind up 2 months worth of gear in 2 days. That's jsut absurd.

2. Who the hell cares they only skipped fos/pos and toc farming.. Its not like anyone join previous raids for gear.
    If they suck they will get kicked from raids regardless..

3. Who the hell cares they only skipped fos/pos and toc farming..
    Please go read up what you can get from fos pos and toc, and compare to the items you buy for eofs. Thank you.

I agree with the suggestion. That ****s up the economy as well, so many primos should not be generated so fast with no effort. Unobtainable mounts / pets / xmog stuff is harmless and fun to get, please limit your rewards to those. Don't give alternatives to actually playing the game (coin shop should suffice for that).

4. I agree. Last year I've tried the events, they gave some eofs, but mostly flags and picnic baskets to stab people in BGs with and AFK in Thunder Bluff with.
    This year I've tried them, saw that it was insanely easy and fast to get a bunch of EOFs. I didn't have much time to play, but in only a few hours I've got enough to craft some BOE items I didn't want to spend my money/eofs on for my least played alts.
    I've heard from people that they got over a thousand of EOFs, even some level 70 twinks were with us. Now, I'm still busy and can't really play much at the moment, but I'm sure primordials have flooded the AH by now.

They could drop EOTs with a low chance for EOFs (like scrolls of deception). Or EOTs with a super low chance for a rare mount. I'd guess less people would be into it, but at least we wouldn't have tons of primordials and fresh 80s with 5.7k gearscores.

Side note, I wonder how many new characters popped up on trade with full boe or T10 4/5 sets.

5. Who the hell cares they only skipped fos/pos and toc farming.. Its not like anyone join previous raids for gear.
    If they suck they will get kicked from raids regardless..
    On Icecrown, I bet no one. On Lordaeron however, it matters. Progression should take place regardless of player/class. They need to go thru at least some level of gear/tier progression and no jump into ICC25 right away just because they farmed all their gear.

Please go read up what you can get from fos pos and toc, and compare to the items you buy for eofs. Thank you.

I agree with the suggestion. That ****s up the economy as well, so many primos should not be generated so fast with no effort. Unobtainable mounts / pets / xmog stuff is harmless and fun to get, please limit your rewards to those. Don't give alternatives to actually playing the game (coin shop should suffice for that).
    Absolutely. I'd love it to be tmog scrolls/pets/mounts. Make it "fun" event for "fun" rewards! Not a 24/7 grind by those who can afford it.

They need to make a custom instance, or revamp some TBC raid for the event, Weekly lock outs. Introduce other event perks, such as ID reset every 4 days, dungeons reset every 4 hours. Lower trade prices. Open chat/mail for both factions. Stuff like that.

I agree. Last year I've tried the events, they gave some eofs, but mostly flags and picnic baskets to stab people in BGs with and AFK in Thunder Bluff with.
    This year I've tried them, saw that it was insanely easy and fast to get a bunch of EOFs. I didn't have much time to play, but in only a few hours I've got enough to craft some BOE items I didn't want to spend my money/eofs on for my least played alts.
    I've heard from people that they got over a thousand of EOFs, even some level 70 twinks were with us. Now, I'm still busy and can't really play much at the moment, but I'm sure primordials have flooded the AH by now.

They could drop EOTs with a low chance for EOFs (like scrolls of deception). Or EOTs with a super low chance for a rare mount. I'd guess less people would be into it, but at least we wouldn't have tons of primordials and fresh 80s with 5.7k gearscores.

Side note, I wonder how many new characters popped up on trade with full boe or T10 4/5 sets.
    EOT would be great, gems, some gear. But do not create an event that literally makes half the game content obsolete.

6. personally i believe this years eof farm was the best on what the rewards refer (2 eofs per boss, small chance of 1 on adds). however, i do believe that insane eof farming is not good for any server.
    balancing drops its amazingly difficult, as i stated on another post, last year we (the community) complained it didnt drop enough and that is wasnt worth the effort. now we complain it dropped too much.

in my opinion the invasion event should remain the way it is, but with a cap for every character. maybe make the invasion spawn in a custom map (like cow event one) and thus force a weekly reset on it? if done that way, a character will clear it once, then wait a week for the reset before repeating it (just like with raids)

7. personally i believe this years eof farm was the best on what the rewards refer (2 eofs per boss, small chance of 1 on adds). however, i do believe that insane eof farming is not good for any server.
    balancing drops its amazingly difficult, as i stated on another post, last year we (the community) complained it didnt drop enough and that is wasnt worth the effort. now we complain it dropped too much.

in my opinion the invasion event should remain the way it is, but with a cap for every character. maybe make the invasion spawn in a custom map (like cow event one) and thus force a weekly reset on it? if done that way, a character will clear it once, then wait a week for the reset before repeating it (just like with raids)
    Weekly, or 4 day lock out, or eve 48 hour lock out will do. Allow 10 EoF per run or something. To create like a cap of a 100-200 throughout the entire event. Not thousands.

8. The problem with the EoF event is many low geared players I've talked to didn't even know what the event is for nor took advantage of it while other low geared players did and got from no gear to full gear at a ridiculous rate without ever stepping into a heroic or raid.

9. You must be new to Warmane (speaking of Icecrown server) if you think that people who did lots of ICCs and got t10 pieces by farming it, know anything about their classes or the endgame content.

10. This is rather insane.
    Gear is somewhat a visual clue on how skilled 1 player may be. If they run with T10, it is a given that they have ran ICC a number of times and perhaps have some skill/knowledge.
    Now, however, raids are filled with 5.5 full T10 people who farmed 700+ EoFs to get full EoF-vendor gear and don't know much about end content. They have basically skipped multiple tiers of raiding just because they farmed all of their gear via the event.

Either way, where is fun in that?
    Warmane keeps telling us that they try to be as "Blizzlike" as possible and refuse to add custom content for the most part. But a game breaking event is totally fine in your eyes. SMH

The purpose is to progress. At least on Lordaeron. Icecrown is a Shadowmourne club, but Lordaeron at least trying to stick to somewhat proper gear progression.

P.S. I did not personally participate in a single EoF farm event myself & i never will. I know it is each to their own, but it does affect everyone's overall experience.

Next year, please, don't make it flat EoF rewards. Make it mounts, pets, and maybe some item pieces. IDC what, but don't allow players to grind up 2 months worth of gear in 2 days. That's jsut absurd.

Completely agree on all points.

11. I agree too. I'd also like to say that the mentality you expect them to have about Lordaeron is long gone. Since RDF was enabled, xrealm too and some custom stuff like SoloQ or these events themselves.

12. I dont play much, but still, can you say what event atleast? -.-

13. I dont play much, but still, can you say what event atleast? -.-
    The Christmas holiday event about invaders. Groups of several NPCs had a chance to drop EoF. They were spawned in about 5 zones and they were farmed because of high drop chance and the fact you could farm them all day without stopping. Plenty of bad players took advantage of it and got decent gear that you'd usually get through several months of raiding.

14. i was a new player during that time and i wasnt 80 so i couldnt really take advantage of the event. But why do people care if some "bad" players get good gear? Maybe with the good gear, they won't be bad players anymore...

15. i was a new player during that time and i wasnt 80 so i couldnt really take advantage of the event. But why do people care if some "bad" players get good gear? Maybe with the good gear, they won't be bad players anymore...
    That does never work that way. When you are in a raid, it doesn't matter the gear you have if you don't have a clue about how to play your character and/or how the mechanics of an encounter work.

12 Last