1. Is there any chance we get neltharion back?

I was curious, is there any chance we will get Cataclysm neltharion realm back ?

Your Cata realms were doing good until moltdown , maybe try fresh again?

2. Spoiler: Show
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301141

Rule #7

The exception being "Ask the Staff" forum section, but it is closed down for now.

That said, short answer? No.
    Long answer? "Fresh" is considered a meme, and even if we did consider it, that would involve pissing off our past Cataclysm players who lost everything they had. We also have no development interest in it. Our current interests exist solely on the expansions we currently already host.

3. Spoiler: Show
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301141

Rule #7

The exception being "Ask the Staff" forum section, but it is closed down for now.

That said, short answer? No.
    Long answer? "Fresh" is considered a meme, and even if we did consider it, that would involve pissing off our past Cataclysm players who lost everything they had. We also have no development interest in it. Our current interests exist solely on the expansions we currently already host.
    I doubt there was a more pissed off player than me , lost an account made in2009. I consider myself as one of the original players. My character was one of 5 on molten above 10k achievement points , first to down many heroics in WoTLK and entire cata . Kinda hoped you would manage to recover our chars at some point so never made a new one .
    But all that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t play again , and it seems that there is a rising demand for Cata realm lately...

Closing tbc and mop is inevitable, so maybe there is a spot for cata again , I mean you have it fully scripted pve wise anyway...

I’ll still take your word for it and make char on WoTLK .
    Also noticed this only got a hundred views entire day, I remember molten forums back then being absolutely massive , which makes me question some things , anyways , thanks !

4. Also noticed this only got a hundred views entire day, I remember molten forums back then being absolutely massive , which makes me question some things , anyways , thanks !
    Such as the remarkably low interest people have in yet another thread about "bring back Cata" from mostly the same people?

5. Closing tbc and mop is inevitable, so maybe there is a spot for cata again , I mean you have it fully scripted pve wise anyway...
    Dont think there will ever be spot for Cata again. There is a reason pretty much all Cataclysm private servers have shut down by now.

6. I think a Cata server would be amazing, a lot of welcome changes came in Cata and it was one of my favourite expansions, though I do understand why a lot of people disliked it, too easy, flying in azeroth etc. I'm sure devs could do a few tweaks to fix these things up.

7. There is almost no chance of a Catacylsm realm resurfacing without overwhelming amounts of people requesting it. We're talking WOTLK pestering levels of players. Neltharion had it's run and whilst I (An avid Catacylsm player) would love to have it back, it's not profitable to even consider the idea of it in the current direction of Warmane. We can sit around and postulate the idea of another Cataclysm realm and reminisce but that's entirely all we can do. Perhaps make a thread for nostalgia purposes where old Cata players can roll around in and reconnect with other players they had added or went toe to toe with in Arena/Battlegrounds.

Bottom line however is cost. It's just not worth the investment or time and money to throw back up, even if it's almost fully scripted and bug fixed. Sadly we'll just have to move on and hope the other realms stay populated enough to keep the private server rolling. (Which shouldn't be too hard, now that Retail sucks more then ever, players should be looking for a taste of the old but golds - I certainly came back to private servers after the latest patch retail vomited out)

Edited: February 15, 2020 Reason: Typo

8. Cataclysm was the expansion that made me quit retail. I didn't like it at all. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. No need to waste time , money, and effort on such a bad expansion. Warmane is doing the right thing focusing on WOTLK. It really doesn't get better than this expansion imho.

9. So I guess, the quick question would be. The coins/points we spent/wasted on Neltharion.. is there any chance of getting them refunded? That would be my big question. I would love to convert the lost points and coins onto Icecrown.

10. So I guess, the quick question would be. The coins/points we spent/wasted on Neltharion.. is there any chance of getting them refunded? That would be my big question. I would love to convert the lost points and coins onto Icecrown.
    if they were going to do that they would have done it when they transferred the characters. any points/coins spent on cata are gone, unless they bring the cata realm back for whatever reason.

11. if they were going to do that they would have done it when they transferred the characters. any points/coins spent on cata are gone, unless they bring the cata realm back for whatever reason.
    It's to my understanding that the Characters are now gone(Correct me if I am wrong). They offered a transfer of characters to MOP after complications arose upon transferring them to WoTLK. At first the general consensus is that Neltharion would be rolled out at a later date if the need ever arose though the character storage costs, especially considering the mass amount of them was to my understanding, not good for the business interests.

Sadly if Cataclysm did resurface? We'd all have to relevel and this would introduce the problematic and touchy subject of the original Neltharion players and the donators who forked out money to support the site. Which brings us to another root issue, backlash. I'm no doomsayer and would love a Cataclysm realm back but even if they did it could hurt the connection Warmane has with it's community.

Edited: February 16, 2020

12. It's to my understanding that the Characters are now gone. They offered a transfer of characters to MOP after complications arose upon transferring them to WoTLK. At first the general consensus is that Neltharion would be rolled out at a later date if the need ever arose though the character storage costs, especially considering the mass amount of them was to my understanding, not good for the business interests.

Sadly if Cataclysm did resurface? We'd all have to relevel and this would introduce the problematic and touchy subject of the original Neltharion players and the donators who forked out money to support the site. Which brings us to another root issue, backlash. I'm no doomsayer and would love a Cataclysm realm back but even if they did it could hurt the connection Warmane has with it's community.

according to http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ighlight=nelth

the characters were preserved incase cata ever returned. unless that's changed since then.

13. That was the original consensus, yes. To quote Mercy:

"That said, short answer? No.
    Long answer? "Fresh" is considered a meme, and even if we did consider it, that would involve pissing off our past Cataclysm players who lost everything they had. We also have no development interest in it. Our current interests exist solely on the expansions we currently already host. "

That and the transfers were within a small window. It's to my understanding that the system to transfer characters from the decommissioned realm is no longer possible which suggests either the characters are now in a fully archived state or the storage has been relocated to more pressing areas such as expansion for current realms.

I mean don't get me wrong, if the characters are still being stored then that is incredible.

Edited: February 16, 2020

14. I would die do play Cata on Warmane again...

15. That was the original consensus, yes. To quote Mercy:

"That said, short answer? No.
    Long answer? "Fresh" is considered a meme, and even if we did consider it, that would involve pissing off our past Cataclysm players who lost everything they had. We also have no development interest in it. Our current interests exist solely on the expansions we currently already host. "

That and the transfers were within a small window. It's to my understanding that the system to transfer characters from the decommissioned realm is no longer possible which suggests either the characters are now in a fully archived state or the storage has been relocated to more pressing areas such as expansion for current realms.

I mean don't get me wrong, if the characters are still being stored then that is incredible.

From what I understood, what Mercy meant was that if hell froze over and they actually opened cata again, it wouldn't be "fresh", but it would be where they left of with the characters restored.

12 Last