1. With all the respect, arena is far from what Wrath of the Lich King was like. Shadowmourne was not an item everyone had to the extent that we have on the 3 realms. Therefore arena is way more unbalanced that it needs or could be.
    - Retail WOTLK didnt lasted 10 years or so, like Warmane/Molten did, at this point even on retail everyone would be as geared as majority of Icecrown.
    - Even if there was a 3.3.5b, the top comps would still be exactly the same, just struggling A BIT more then before.
    - The gear was the mostly "balance" factor, altho the ladder wasnt changed at all.

I personally cant see a reason to ask something thats just not WOTLK, if you dont like the patch/expansion , just change to another option.

2. - Retail WOTLK didnt lasted 10 years or so, like Warmane/Molten did, at this point even on retail everyone would be as geared as majority of Icecrown.
    - Even if there was a 3.3.5b, the top comps would still be exactly the same, just struggling A BIT more then before.
    - The gear was the mostly "balance" factor, altho the ladder wasnt changed at all.

I personally cant see a reason to ask something thats just not WOTLK, if you dont like the patch/expansion , just change to another option.
    Well even if retail wotlk was 10 years old people would still not have Smourne the way we have on Warmane. Since you can pay for it. Which I by the way have nothing against being the highest donor rank myself. It still takes quite some work to get Smourne without donating, so keep that in mind.

Also to make myself clear I do not want a 3.3.5b patch. Also, I highly disagree with your statement about the top comps being the same if we got the patch. 50% of the top teams on old Arena Tournament wasnt Warr Hpal.

The way I see it, it wouldn't really change much nerfing legendarys in arena(and arena only). Since it would not affect PvE, and people would still be able to oneshot others in Wpvp, bgs and even arena. It would only make arena more balanced as the original game was. And therefore more competetive for players who aim higher rating. I simply DONT see any logical reason for keeping it this way, since it ruins the part of the game many enjoy. And I am far from the only one who made suggestions like this.

When that is said I understand that you dont want things that arent WOTLK, and I agree. But WOTLK was nothing like this. Unbalanced yes, but not to this extent.
    Edited: January 22, 2020

3. Also to make myself clear I do not want a 3.3.5b patch. Also, I highly disagree with your statement about the top comps being the same if we got the patch. 50% of the top teams on old Arena Tournament wasnt Warr Hpal.

When that is said I understand that you dont want things that arent WOTLK, and I agree. But WOTLK was nothing like this. Unbalanced yes, but not to this extent.
    In fact what you talking about was 264 meta changes, not 3.3.5b "class balance changes". Unfortunely i dont have any old material to provide, altho the 3.3.5b patch was "famous" simply cause u were able to do some decent things even if fun specs such as Fury and some comp were just "not as much good as they are normally, but still superior to the most". Back in that patch top ranks were Hpala/War, Disc/Hunt, Ret/hunt (dont remember) and Ele/Dlock mostly like. Look at the ladder right now, sounds familiar if you remove from the ranks Shinta warrior alts and also not having Homerjay or any top hunt/disc playng unless randomly for fun. Meanwhile would highly suggest to check 3s, isted of be focused on 2s.
    2s is supposed to gear up bracket, which is as im taking it, and tbh never had any issue in get 2.3 no matter of the class i was using and/or helping out ((nowdays mostly like boosting friends to their required rating, and still not that hard).

Why you should nerf something u can get it, if you know u'll face Smourne , just work hard and get LK weapon in raid or donate also, simple as that.
    Did 2.2 with ulduar weapon in 2s, reached almost my highest rate with Oathbinder, and still im not even that good war.
    Shadowmourne becomes a deal only when the really top warriors (not the tryharders) face eachother in mirror.
    Blackrock can get it by Donating/Quest
    Icecrown get it back Donating/Quest
    Lordaeron...well feels sorry for them but they can get it with quest
    Sorry if i sounded rude,is not my intention, but my english isnt that good.

4. Hate to break it to you, but getting shadowmourne on retail was not hard at all, it just required time and to be able to raid 25 man. You dont even need to kill LK to forge shadowmourne, the highest you need is to kill Sindragosa and then collect shards and wollah you got a shadowmourne.
    By the end of wrath my guild had more shadowmournes then we could count and some of had numerous alts with shadowmournes and thats from a guild who barely took the game remotely serious and just had fun while killing bosses and getting loot.

Would there be as much shadowmournes if actual wotlk lasted as long as warmane? Well obviously not but there would be a insane amount of shadowmournes running around regardless. Main difference being that on retail pvp players actually had to do pve to get the weapon where as on Warmane they really dont.

5. In fact what you talking about was 264 meta changes, not 3.3.5b "class balance changes". Unfortunely i dont have any old material to provide, altho the 3.3.5b patch was "famous" simply cause u were able to do some decent things even if fun specs such as Fury and some comp were just "not as much good as they are normally, but still superior to the most". Back in that patch top ranks were Hpala/War, Disc/Hunt, Ret/hunt (dont remember) and Ele/Dlock mostly like. Look at the ladder right now, sounds familiar if you remove from the ranks Shinta warrior alts and also not having Homerjay or any top hunt/disc playng unless randomly for fun. Meanwhile would highly suggest to check 3s, isted of be focused on 2s.
    2s is supposed to gear up bracket, which is as im taking it, and tbh never had any issue in get 2.3 no matter of the class i was using and/or helping out ((nowdays mostly like boosting friends to their required rating, and still not that hard).

Why you should nerf something u can get it, if you know u'll face Smourne , just work hard and get LK weapon in raid or donate also, simple as that.
    Did 2.2 with ulduar weapon in 2s, reached almost my highest rate with Oathbinder, and still im not even that good war.
    Shadowmourne becomes a deal only when the really top warriors (not the tryharders) face eachother in mirror.
    I think you are missing my whole point. Getting rating is not the problem here. Either way you turn it, you cannot deny the fact that people with legendary weapons have a unfair advantage over people that doesnt. Which means a advantage over the classes that cannot get a legendary in this expansion. With all the respect I simply do not understand why anyone wouldn't want a more equal arena.

6. Hate to break it to you, but getting shadowmourne on retail was not hard at all, it just required time and to be able to raid 25 man. You dont even need to kill LK to forge shadowmourne, the highest you need is to kill Sindragosa and then collect shards and wollah you got a shadowmourne.
    By the end of wrath my guild had more shadowmournes then we could count and some of had numerous alts with shadowmournes and thats from a guild who barely took the game remotely serious and just had fun while killing bosses and getting loot.

Would there be as much shadowmournes if actual wotlk lasted as long as warmane? Well obviously not but there would be a insane amount of shadowmournes running around regardless. Main difference being that on retail pvp players actually had to do pve to get the weapon where as on Warmane they really dont.
    But that's because when it comes to the 284 is not only shadowmourne what counts. It's the fact that you have access to all the heroic off-set, which is something that truly almost no one had in retail due to an empirical factor which was the time the patch lasted and the fact that the CD of a raid is a week. So even if you were lucky enough to get all the drops you needed for your warrior you still had to compete with 10 others that also needed it. It's not like you start fresh in Lordaeron and you join a guild where everyone is geared and all the rolls go to you, on retail nobody had anything so they had to compete to get the good stuff in like 4 months. Which again, made it pretty much a rare occurrence that people was full heroic in S8. So yes, shadowmourne is not the issue nor it has ever been.

In fact what you talking about was 264 meta changes, not 3.3.5b "class balance changes". Unfortunely i dont have any old material to provide, altho the 3.3.5b patch was "famous" simply cause u were able to do some decent things even if fun specs such as Fury and some comp were just "not as much good as they are normally, but still superior to the most". Back in that patch top ranks were Hpala/War, Disc/Hunt, Ret/hunt (dont remember) and Ele/Dlock mostly like. Look at the ladder right now, sounds familiar if you remove from the ranks Shinta warrior alts and also not having Homerjay or any top hunt/disc playng unless randomly for fun. Meanwhile would highly suggest to check 3s, isted of be focused on 2s.

It wasn't as one sided as it is right now, last time I checked the ladder I found 22 warriors, that's almost 50% of the 2vs2 ladder being warrior. Of course they either play with a disc or a hpal, obviously. Which means that implementing the 3.3.5b would not bring any balance but make hpalas even more broken being able to now randomly dispel 2 debuffs from their warrior, which could take away pretty fast the 5 stacks of mage debuffs that also work as a filler plus the slows or anything really, and considering how much resil they use I don't see why it would be a problem to cleanse all the debuffs including vampiric touch, in the end the clothiers die in a bladestorm and if they survive it they die by the rends anyways. As for 3vs3, the 264 was perfect because it removed the LSP domination and opened the chances for other setups to be competitive instead of getting 1 shoted with a chaos bolt+lava burst crit combo (30k damage if lucky enough). And those 2 don't need legendary weapons, because the heroic trinkets are more than enough to get 15-19k crits from chaos bolt on 1200 resil.

Getting rating is not tough if you or your partner have gear, but starting both fresh, you really can't compete against heroic geared people. Limit the ilvl is the only realistic way to bring "balance" to arenas, which in the end is nothing but a way to nerf the ******ed damage the majority of arpen users get from the 284. As Obnoxious said maybe suggesting some tournaments with the 264 limitation is the only way to enjoy a moment having "balance". But this patch is just mental on the 284 meta if the intention is to bring balance.

You could have a season with 264 limitation exempt of weapons and you'll see that shadowmourne wouldn't make that much difference. But a warrior with 70% passive arpen, 52% crit chance and 1100-1200 resil? Now that makes a huge difference. Who says warrior says a MM hunter with similar stats or a warlock with 3800 spell power, 38% crit, 700 haste and 1400 resil.

First 123