1. Application error ERROR #134 (0x85100086) - Failed to read file (WoW crashes)

Hi,

Need your help regarding a crash that I've been constantly experiencing mostly in Dalaran:

World of WarCraft (build 12340)

Exe: D:\Games\Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (wod models)\Wow.exe
    Time: Jan 19, 2020 6:18:36.421 PM
    User: Kirry
    Computer: DESKTOP-OUQI7MJ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
    Program: D:\Games\Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (wod models)\Wow.exe

Failed to read file Item\TextureComponents\ArmUpperTexture\Plate_Horde _C_05Purple_Sleeve_AU_U.blp.

Debug Details:

[2] err=0 text=SFileReadFile - Item\TextureComponents\ArmUpperTexture\Plate_Horde _C_05Purple_Sleeve_AU_U.blp - Data\common.MPQ
    [1] err=0 text=ReadSectors/DecompressData failed
    [0] err=0 text=ReadSectors/DecompressData failed
    Storm Error Msg:Reached the end of the file.

I have the dump files as well, but I'm a newbie and I don't know how to attach them. Every game crash is about that Horde Purple Sleeve AU component that's missing.

I'd appreciate any help.

2. WoD model -client is awfully unstable. I'd recommend reverting back to "old models". Your crashing will stop by 90%.

How to revert:
    1. Open WoW folder
    2. Open the Data folder.
    3. Delete the patch-w.mpq and patch-x.mpq files.
    4. Open the enUS folder.
    5. Delete the patch-enUS-w.mpq and patch-enUS-x.mpq files.

For the last 10%, I recommend getting Large Address Aware which allows your WoW client to use more then 2GB RAM.

3. Thanks for your message. I implemented all the steps except for the RAM thing which isn't related to the item that causes the crash.

Tested for two weeks, I still get crashes. Apparently the faulty item isn't a Horde one, but a general item, as I have the issue in Stormwind as well.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.