1. Gold Squish does nothing to established players, it only effects new players for the most part.
    easy fix for this... delete ALL gold from the game :) lol

2. It would be kinder to new players if warmane set a minimum depending on level, for example

level 20 (first mount roughly 5G) so after squish a level <21 can have no less than 5G - not enough to exploit by long term players
    level 40 (swift mount 50G ? (cant remember price)) so again level <41 >20 have no less than 50G - again not enough to exploit

after that the cost of mounts means a possibility to exploit with multiple characters sharing gold.

3. Great news about the gold squish, it is much needed due to huge inflation. On the note of destroying gold, i would love to see some new gold sinks developed in the game to counter prevent inflation. The thing that comes to me first is having a third spec. I think this could be added for some ridiculous amount of gold and people would buy it (i know i would, it would also be a nice goal to set for myself). It is undoubtly a big QoL feature, atleast for certain players. I am sure there must be other QoL features which could also be added as a gold sink.

4. or yeno tmog costs gold instead of the joke bg drop rate.

5. At what time can we expect the squish to happen? Some of us didn't buy Cardinal Ruby yet.

6. Can I borrow 1g, I will return 50 silver after tomorrow.

:D

"hard work in a GAME. LOL"

I've played for 20 years, I've spent YEARS gametime and it's a fact it's WASTED. It never lasts.
    All of this virtual texture will be squished by 100% one day with a WIPE, so why do players Q_Q so much?
    Realize it's not part of real world, it's meant for escapism and fun (and profit for the host), nothing else.

7. I fullheartedly agreee that a custom gold sink for example like the addition of an extra dual spec (tripple spec) on a specific character for a ridiculus amount of gold would help the economy aswell as tons of gold would just exit the economy that way. Nice idea gicotina!

8. I fullheartedly agreee that a custom gold sink for example like the addition of an extra dual spec (tripple spec) on a specific character for a ridiculus amount of gold would help the economy aswell as tons of gold would just exit the economy that way. Nice idea gicotina!
    No please, just stop.
    Do not contribute to more of this mess. Just leave things as they are. Stop trying to change and adapt. simply leave it at a gold squish and be done with it. No need to implement yet even more methods to screw yourself over. Just my opinion.

9. A third spec would be awesome, maybe not for a pure dps unless they want pve/pvp builds in diff talents etc.

I do really like the idea of having tmog in game for gold, i mean they've opened the door to tmog in wrath and it would defo give players something to spend gold on. Only issue is that once you've got your gear and t'mog it you probably wont spend more gold. BUT i would welcome an in game gold mechanic to buy scrolls.

10. Two questions:

1.- What time will it be?
    2.- How long will the server inactivity last?

11. I can't but agree with the ideas about the implementation of more "gold sinks".

In a no-expansion server like this, ( especially when it's been running for many years with tens of thousands of players ) it's crucial to give players a will to play on. Looking at the server's interests, of course, it can't afford to lose players. And let's be honest here, after you're BiS in both pve and pvp, have all the achies, have basically everything that is capable of being owned, you can't do anything to avoid getting bored eventually. Achieving all these things might sound difficult, but I see a lot of players who fit my description. As someone said above, we can just accept and adapt the gold squish but we all know that stacking up mats and other valuables are one of the most easiest a popular ways to aviod the hassle.

The tmog scroll for gold thing might not be the best idea, not because it's stupid but because of the value transmogrification. Obtaining the scrolls in-game is a real challenge, my stats are showing a drop rate in BGs ( more or less ) every 2000 honorable kills. ( I know this is completely random but I have around 20k HKs in one of my char, all from BGs and got 10 scrolls so far ) That challenge makes players give a higher value to the scrolls, and unless they'd cost 50-60k+ gold each, that value would collapse. Having tmog is a prestigious thing here and it should stay that way.

The 3rd talent spec option is indeed an excellent idea, it opens up new experiences to players, a whole new gear to grind, a whole new raiding experience. It could cost like 40-50k gold or even much more since that's not a hard amount to obtain if you know what to do.

Vendor sinks like some rare mounts or items for gold are also a good idea but keep in mind that it'd "disrespect" players who had to grind hard for their rare mount to drop, and had some real pride showing off with that mount. I know ppl usually just donate for invincible or the zulian tiger, you name it. I don't even know a mount that is a rare drop AND can't be bought for coins. That'd do it maybe. These items should be listed at extremely high prices, like 100k+++ but there's a point where it's more convenient for the player to just sell 100k gold for coins and buy 2-3 items in the store. Also having to grind for your mount ( no matter if it's an achi reward or rare drop ) is an enjoyable thing that keeps players playing so there's no need to sell them for gold, even for extreme amounts.

I don't know if you catch my drift but the options are limited here. We either take some mounts or items out of the online store and put them up in-game for ridiculous amounts of gold, or we only do this with items that are NOT sold for coins and also extremely rare. Maybe some legendaries or rare collector's items. Or maybe we can get creative and think of completely new ways players could spend their accumulated gold, but coding these will be a real challenge I'm sure. Let's say we add a new island to the game where the top 1% can spend their gold on some fancy things, but to get to the island at the first place you'd have to buy some crazy expensive vip membership card or something. I don't know really, and maybe it's the best to adapt and accept as someone said, there are just too many angles to this, even the operators of this server have their difficulties deciding what to do sometimes I have no doubt about that.

Have a pleasant squish everyone :P

12. @ what Time will the Gold Squish happen?

13. As was previously asked what time is the squish happening? Kinda want to avoid the long downtime when it happens.

14. As was previously asked what time is the squish happening? Kinda want to avoid the long downtime when it happens.
    they will do it when people play the most they always did

15. Downtime is happening 09:00 server time.

First ... 910111213 ... Last