1. Premium accounts will not be affected by guild removal?

2. lmao if Warmane *really* wanted to combat inflation they'd do what Blizzard did and add more high priced vendor items to drain cash.

Like everyone here says: It's incredibly, stupidly easy to get around the gold squish if you know how and care to do so. Trade your gold for goods before the squish and then re-sell after.

Want to drain money? Have a mount vendor that sells rare/hard to obtain mounts for huge sums of gold. Raven Lord for 200k (or 2m, who knows/who cares). Look at average gold balance of characters on the realm, if possible, and base prices on that.

Sell scrolls of deception in-game for huge sums of gold. Item sets, vanity pets, etc.

3. lmao if Warmane *really* wanted to combat inflation they'd do what Blizzard did and add more high priced vendor items to drain cash.

Like everyone here says: It's incredibly, stupidly easy to get around the gold squish if you know how and care to do so. Trade your gold for goods before the squish and then re-sell after.

Want to drain money? Have a mount vendor that sells rare/hard to obtain mounts for huge sums of gold. Raven Lord for 200k (or 2m, who knows/who cares). Look at average gold balance of characters on the realm, if possible, and base prices on that.

Sell scrolls of deception in-game for huge sums of gold. Item sets, vanity pets, etc.
    Things like that would make sense if benefiting the economy was the goal which it is not. The squish is to increase coin purchases in the store making coins the stable currency.

4. Things like that would make sense if benefiting the economy was the goal which it is not. The squish is to increase coin purchases in the store making coins the stable currency.
    Obvious....

5. Dudes, I see you're upset and all but let's be honest here, if you're smart the squish won't affect you at all.

Unless you're not some hardcore farmer with 1M+ gold, I'm sure you can find ways to spend nearly all your money before the squsih. Remember, the less money you have the less effect the squish has on you. Even if you want to accumulate millions of gold, you simply invest it into mats like the ppl do it here. If you have 10-20k or something you simply spend it on items you always wanted to buy / vendor mounts.

Yes, of course it will make people buy more coins. Since when is it a problem? This is a huge server that has to make money in order to keep things running. On the other hand, the squish helps to eleminate the gold reserves of farmes who were trading it for real money. Why would anyone want to have millions of gold anyways? Dudes be playing godfather here dominating the AH and all with their huge reserves.. I had 160k when the squish was announced, spent it right away on the mounts I always wanted but never actually came around to buy them.

Come on, they announced it 1 month before the squish, I don't know what the most expensive thing in the AH is but with 1 month notice you can easily farm out the gold you need to buy anything. If not, then do it after the squish. 1 hour of doing proffs/farming can easily get you 4-5k if you know what you're doing, especially now when prices skyrocket af.

About the hoarders:

You can't do anything to stop them, you either become one or turn a blind eye. With all the end-game dailies and other stuff, you can buy anything in 1-2 weeks, no matter if you're a donator or not. Even if you're a newbie, 100k is more than enough to buy everything you need. Gear, flying, mounts etc... The moment you're BiS and have all the achies, the only thing you have to spend on is flasks/potions. ( Considering you don't make them yourself )

6. Dudes, I see you're upset and all but let's be honest here, if you're smart the squish won't affect you at all.

Unless you're not some hardcore farmer with 1M+ gold, I'm sure you can find ways to spend nearly all your money before the squsih. Remember, the less money you have the less effect the squish has on you. Even if you want to accumulate millions of gold, you simply invest it into mats like the ppl do it here. If you have 10-20k or something you simply spend it on items you always wanted to buy / vendor mounts.

Yes, of course it will make people buy more coins. Since when is it a problem? This is a huge server that has to make money in order to keep things running. On the other hand, the squish helps to eleminate the gold reserves of farmes who were trading it for real money. Why would anyone want to have millions of gold anyways? Dudes be playing godfather here dominating the AH and all with their huge reserves.. I had 160k when the squish was announced, spent it right away on the mounts I always wanted but never actually came around to buy them.

Come on, they announced it 1 month before the squish, I don't know what the most expensive thing in the AH is but with 1 month notice you can easily farm out the gold you need to buy anything. If not, then do it after the squish. 1 hour of doing proffs/farming can easily get you 4-5k if you know what you're doing, especially now when prices skyrocket af.

About the hoarders:

You can't do anything to stop them, you either become one or turn a blind eye. With all the end-game dailies and other stuff, you can buy anything in 1-2 weeks, no matter if you're a donator or not. Even if you're a newbie, 100k is more than enough to buy everything you need. Gear, flying, mounts etc... The moment you're BiS and have all the achies, the only thing you have to spend on is flasks/potions. ( Considering you don't make them yourself )
    All of that's is fine for icecrown but not for the other servers. The economy on frostwolf and outland is not active to survive this wipe. That's why they should be exempt from any gold squish.

7. Regarding gold squish. I am a new player with like 1 week of activity, managed to get to 800 gold (Liordaeron). Squishing me when i am level 35 aint great.
    So im thinking maybe only people with 20.000 gold to be affected by this gold squish ?

8. Will the gold in warmane trade be also squished?

9. Things like that would make sense if benefiting the economy was the goal which it is not. The squish is to increase coin purchases in the store making coins the stable currency.
    Which is why I said "If warmane *really* wanted to..."

10. Regarding gold squish. I am a new player with like 1 week of activity, managed to get to 800 gold (Liordaeron). Squishing me when i am level 35 aint great.
    So im thinking maybe only people with 20.000 gold to be affected by this gold squish ?
    800 gold at lvl 35 is plenty. It would be a problem if you weren’t able to afford to upgrade your riding skill because of the squish .
    Also not many of the ppl I know that have lvl 80’s have 20k gold on them.

11. 800 gold at lvl 35 is plenty. It would be a problem if you weren’t able to afford to upgrade your riding skill because of the squish .
    Also not many of the ppl I know that have lvl 80’s have 20k gold on them.
    im 72, and got now 2200, still 1800 to buy the expert riding, so any tip on how to get them before feb17? (Lordaeron)

12. Quests like crazy, depending on what professions you have you could use them too. Selling quest items or item drops can give a good amount too. Im not the best at farming gold so others might be able to help more.

13. im 72, and got now 2200, still 1800 to buy the expert riding, so any tip on how to get them before feb17? (Lordaeron)
    Get to 80 by questing in Howling Fjord/Grizzly Hills, then do all the quests in Icecrown & dailies. You'll clear that 1800g hurdle easily. Remember, the 7x XP translates directly into 7x more gold when finishing quests at lvl 80.

14. What are you talking about? 17 February is way more than 2 weeks in advance.
    What about characters over level 20? plenty of those not being played for 6+ months. Would be good to see those names get freed up.

15. There are a few things I want to mention about gold and trades in general.

First of all, the server doesn't sell any gold, but you can buy gold with coins from OTHER PLAYERS.
    If you are willing to give gold for coins or coins for gold, that's UP TO YOU.
    Of course, you need to have at least one donated account to do that, but it is merely 10 coins, which means approximately 20k gold on Icecrown at this moment.

Every single item in the game that can be sold has it's price in gold.
    That price is decided by players, not by the server.
    It is a free market, everyone can sell or buy for whatever price they want.
    If you don't want to buy a pet for 5k gold, just don't, if you don't want to pay 10k gold for one single item, nobody will force you to.
    It is YOU that decide what is worth buying and what isn't.
    Everyone has to decide for themselves if they want to pay a specific amount of gold or coins for an item.

Let me give you some examples:
    I would never pay 5k gold or more for one item, even if it is was almost bis, this includes any boe like profession pants or choker.
    I wouldn't pay 23 coins or about 50k gold for 1 BiS item, not even the rs25h trinkets, because I can get them by actually killing the bosses.
    I am willing to sell 25k gold for about 10 coins and then buy a mount that is unobtainable in the game for 30 coins, which means about 75k gold.
    I am willing to sell 40k gold for about 15 coins and then buy a pet from website because, guess what?, you CAN'T GET IT ANY OTHER WAY.
    I am willing to pay 100-200 gold for 1 flask because I have herbalism and alchemy myself and I know the effort and time that takes to make them.

All of these examples and EVERY OTHER PRICE in the game or outside the game is decided by the economy itself.
    If 98 people out of 100 are willing to pay 5k gold or 23 coins for 1 item, the other 2 guys can't complain and get it cheaper or for free.
    If you are willing to work and put in the EFFORT and TIME to get the gold, the items, the achievements or whatever else you want, you WILL GET IT.

The value of gold is influenced a LOT by the TOTAL AMOUNT of gold that exists in the game at any given time.
    That means if most players on the server have 10k gold or more in total, they are most probably willing to pay 5k gold for some item.
    If you are poor and barely have 1k gold on all your characters then you should not buy an item for 5k gold and focus on more important or efficient stuff.
    If ALL THE GOLD in the game gets halved, then on average, following the above example, everyone will have 5k gold or less, depending on what they did.
    That means that MOST of these people will not be willing to pay the same amount of gold for the same item.
    There will still be lots of items that will sell for the same amount of gold because EVERYONE IS WILLING to pay that amount for them.

Gold gets into the game, it gets created out of nothing, just by drops and quest rewards.
    There are 2 possible situations, one with squish, one without.
    With squish: some of the gold is sinked out of the game, prices vary a bit, but over the years stay the same and don't fluctuate by a lot, usually up to 100%, most of the times less. New people can afford most things and can buy everything if they are willing to put in the effort.
    Without squish: more and more gold exists in the game to the point where having 100k gold is meaningless, prices go higher and higher, exponentially and proportionally to the time that passes. New people have no way of catching older players from behind and it is very hard or impossible for them to become part of the economy and can't buy anything they need/want.

If it was up to me, I would do the squish more often and UNANNOUNCED, so people CAN'T PREPARE FOR IT. That would make people actually use their gold and put it in circulation, rather than keep it safe and away from the economy. But I bet everyone would get pissed if the server would do that, even if it would actually be the MOST "HEALTHY" for the economy.
    So you should be GRATEFUL that they tell you every year instead of just doing the best/right thing.

First ... 4567816 ... Last