1. If its a "healthy" move for warmane economy, so why our goverments dont do to our bank accounts from time to time? Imagine your euros/dollars halved one day..its healthy..
    They do, usually it's called WAR

2. Because in real life the rich control the government. Here on warmane the Government (staff) is in charge.

3. Does anyone ever buy gold for coins by the way?

Unless you're doing some serious undercutting I highly doubt that's an easy way to get coins. You grind hard for that 50k gold, grind for days and if you're lucky someone buys that for 20 coins but if you take a look around in this marketplace the list of gold offerings is endless. Farming 50k is literally 10+ hours worth of time, even if you're a student and don't have some income you can still go and pack boxes or unload trucks for a day and you can easily buy some coins while actually gaining some real life work experience.

Why would anyone buy gold seriously, what does 50k gold get you in-game? Ppl who donate buy straight from the online store, and the staff knows that, otherwise there wouldn't be a gold <--> coin exchange.

4. Does anyone ever buy gold for coins by the way?

Unless you're doing some serious undercutting I highly doubt that's an easy way to get coins. You grind hard for that 50k gold, grind for days and if you're lucky someone buys that for 20 coins but if you take a look around in this marketplace the list of gold offerings is endless. Farming 50k is literally 10+ hours worth of time, even if you're a student and don't have some income you can still go and pack boxes or unload trucks for a day and you can easily buy some coins while actually gaining some real life work experience.

Why would anyone buy gold seriously, what does 50k gold get you in-game? Ppl who donate buy straight from the online store, and the staff knows that, otherwise there wouldn't be a gold <--> coin exchange.

It is quite easy unless you shoot yourself in the foot by selling your first 50k and starting from scratch again xD

5. If its a "healthy" move for warmane economy, so why our goverments dont do to our bank accounts from time to time? Imagine your euros/dollars halved one day..its healthy..

One guy above offered to make vendor to drain gold from rich ppl by leting buy expensive mounts etc.. But thats what market places is for..sell your gold for coins, buy rare mounts..

I got this idea for healthy economy, what if every gold has expiration date? lets say 3 months (any term to save enough for any expoensive stuff) if u earned 1k in january and 2k in february then in april u still have 2k, and if nothing earned during that time in may u have 0. So ppl will be forced move thhei gold to circulation all the time(what balances a market)
    Waiting for arguments where im wrong here :D
    you don't have a rent or other fix costs in wow. without gold squish everyone would swim in gold and effectively make the currency useless on such old servers as icecrown or lordaeron. Blizzard servers never had a goldsquish, but look at it realistically: The gold lost about half it's value per year there aswell, if not even more. there it happened naturally because of new expansions, here it has to be done artificially.
    I don't like your solution because it requires people to constantly keep track of when they got which gold on what character, and that would also be a real ***** to code. What if you just trade your 5k for another persons 5k? both get new 5k and evade it getting removed. it would also mean that people could never reach big amounts of gold, which is what some people play the game for.
    I like the way it is handled now with goldsquish, but another solution I could get behind would be to squish the gold daily by a very small margin which equals to 50% over a year. like that there would be no goldsquish panic and no frustration over losing half your gold on a specific date, you'd just have a tiny bit less gold in your pockets the next day (which would be irritating for new players). if my sponateous math is correct that would be a daily 0.1897% squish. your 10k gold today are 9981 tomorrow and 5k after a year

6. If its a "healthy" move for warmane economy, so why our goverments dont do to our bank accounts from time to time? Imagine your euros/dollars halved one day..its healthy..

What do you think inflation is? the government through its policies does destroy the value of your money intentionally.

7. What do you think inflation is? the government through its policies does destroy the value of your money intentionally.
    Inflation is natural process of economics. With healthy 1-3% inflation all economics grow. ofc as long as ppls incomes growth is bigger than inflation. In normal countries goverments doont affect inflation, unless not in direct way

8. Unless you're not some hardcore farmer with 1M+ gold
    To be honnest, even with more than 1M, we can easely invest them on AH in less than a week, and get a profit after the squish.

9. Instead of doing 50% gold each year do it each month like 5% of something 1 Wednesday of each month that will be better.

10. So as a new player here, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right. With less than 200g to my name, I'm going to get half of that taken away for the good of the server? Is that about right? Sure makes it seem pointless to try and make money as a new player. I can't imagine the prices in the AH are going to go down because of it.

11. So as a new player here, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right. With less than 200g to my name, I'm going to get half of that taken away for the good of the server? Is that about right? Sure makes it seem pointless to try and make money as a new player. I can't imagine the prices in the AH are going to go down because of it.
    After squish prices drop to "normal"(compared to pre-squish inflation) and keep slowly dropping until next gold squish looms. So prices dropping for 9 months and then squish starting to cause inflation is logical proof that squish has to happen. Everyone know that gold is like human child we bear it for 9 months and then gold just rains.

12. So as a new player here, I just want to make sure I'm getting this right. With less than 200g to my name, I'm going to get half of that taken away for the good of the server? Is that about right? Sure makes it seem pointless to try and make money as a new player. I can't imagine the prices in the AH are going to go down because of it.
    Hi there,

Yes, unfortunately new players might feel / experience a disadvantage. It is indeed a challenge to farm gold as a new player, my advice is taking some gathering professions ( mining and herbalism are the easiest to level ) and after the squish you can make good money from these. When I was a newbie here some years ago I made 15k from herbalism alone in a day. The squish is still nearly 3 weeks away, I'm sure you'll find ways to spend that 200 gold and minimize your losses. Train spells if you're not 80 yet, or invest in some profession / gear.

Hope I could be of help, good luck out there!

13. gold squish every year, lol wow what an issue that cant be solved i guess. oh welp. back to my 40 man farming business thatll for sure not inflate the economy -_^

14. Will this Affect the amount we gain from other Activities like Quest, killing stuff (Loot) an or Rewards from DG/quests?

15. What about blackrock chars? Will they have their name removed or?

First ... 678910 ... Last