1. Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy

Greetings Warmane community,

With a new decade now upon us, we're taking the opportunity to do an inactivity cleanup that will refresh our realms and free up forgotten names, the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year, we will also conclude a 50% gold squish at the same time to promote a healthier economy.

The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on February 17, 2020. Downtime is expected to be multiple hours.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2019 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.

• Level 1 - 20 characters that have not been played since August 2019 will be removed.
      • Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
      • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed.

• Blackrock characters that have been deleted pending restore for over 3 months will be removed.

Characters that have their name removed will have the opportunity to select a new name upon the next login.

The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. Thank you, was worried I wont be able to milk gold from noobs this year

3. It's about time, let's go! I just gotta go visit my low level characters now

4. Thank you, was worried I wont be able to milk gold from noobs this year
    good, I was worried I stacked 200k gold worth of matts for nothing topkek

5. Is gold squish going to stop ? What are your plans for it in the future ?

It really sucks to see some minor gold I acquire passively, as a casual player that doesn't play AH or profession games, ripped in half every year.

6. Time to spend the gold on valuable assets, inflation is real right now.

7. Is gold squish going to stop ? What are your plans for it in the future ?

It really sucks to see some minor gold I acquire passively, as a casual player that doesn't play AH or profession games, ripped in half every year.
    YEAH DUDE

Look at this MySQL 2020 database, where overflow is impossible!

Problem with integer solved.

8. What about characters over level 20? plenty of those not being played for 6+ months. Would be good to see those names get freed up.

9. Greetings Warmane community,
    [*]Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2019 will have their names removed.
    [*]Level 1 - 20 characters that have not been played since August 2019 will be removed.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Uhhhhm Could you elaborate on that? So pretty much any char below lvl 20 that hasnt been logged on is going to be removed or?

10. Greetings Warmane community,

With a new decade now upon us, we're taking the opportunity to do an inactivity cleanup that will refresh our realms and free up forgotten names, the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year, we will also conclude a 50% gold squish at the same time to promote a healthier economy.

The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on February 17, 2020. Downtime is expected to be multiple hours.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2019 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.

• Level 1 - 20 characters that have not been played since August 2019 will be removed.
      • Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
      • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed.

• Blackrock characters that have been deleted pending restore for over 3 months will be removed.

Characters that have their name removed will have the opportunity to select a new name upon the next login.

The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Thanks for not giving us information up in advance, I really dont appreciate. Any reasons for this ? Last couple years we knew at least 2 weeks in advance.

11. What are you talking about? 17 February is way more than 2 weeks in advance.

12. Uhhhhm Could you elaborate on that? So pretty much any char below lvl 20 that hasnt been logged on is going to be removed or?
    It should be exactly as the post says - if the character is level 20 or lower, isn't on a premium account and hasn't been logged on since August, it will be deleted.

13. It should be exactly as the post says - if the character is level 20 or lower, isn't on a premium account and hasn't been logged on since August, it will be deleted.
    Okay, Just didnt understand why they said January at all then... Thanks.

14. Okay, Just didnt understand why they said January at all then... Thanks.
    One is about removing names, one is about removing them characters.

15. In addition, all characters that artificially inflate the price by buying on / global and AH for pennies should be banned, then posting the same for 5-10x higher price on AH. This is a great price increase, monopoly and rudeness!

12311 ... Last