1. when is the next planned Inactivity Cleanup?
    They usually announce it approx. a month before the squish happens, but people who know what's up on the market do not distinguish between pre and post-squish when it comes to playing the AH cuz all that matters is how the market behaves and how well some items sell, relative to other items that were affected by the squish.

After all they do distinguish but only for market research and stuff like that. For these players there are graphs and data and addons that, when working together, tell them everything they need to know. It's all just raw data and my personal opinion is that on a greater scale, data is always beautiful. I, myself, have been keeping some handy excel and data sheets as well as graphs for 2 years now, and sometimes I just stare at my work and do nothing for minutes, cuz its all one big picture and it's such a gratifying feeling when you begin to understand it.

So, I can only state what so many fellow players mentioned above. The squish itself is a good thing and even if you're not in the AH game and just play to have fun, you can mitigate your losses when you're given a 1 month notice. How? Read the thread, there are countless ways depending on your needs, playstyle etc..

Cheers
    xx

2. There are people out there who move heavy loads every day in all of the major in-game markets, and they either do it for one of these 2 reasons:

-They have plans on selling it for coins and getting SM or whatever they want.
    -They just enjoy playing Wall Street stock traders and use 10 accounts at the same time with 5 screens analyzing AH data using a plethora of addons and spamming alt + tab + click with mboxing softwares, you name it.

xx
    For both reasons.

3. um you know its hard to invest hundred of thousands in mats lool
    like what to buy..
    i was thinking to just sell 200k for coins but now i am skeptical, should i invest them so i am left out with 0 or 1k whatever and i get valuable mats for them? Those mats i use later to resell?

p.s gold is cheap af idk why would people sell 150k gold for 40-50 coins wtf
    Primos and Crusader Orbs

4. yeah everyone says that, but doesn't give away the "secrets"

<< the best bussiness is to not tell everyone what you know >>

empty advices from experts all i see here, anyway happy squish in few months.
    There are no secrets. You buy ****, you sell ****. Like it always has been.

That's because there are no "secrets", it's abysmally simple. It's not some amazing knowledge that separates rich from poor. All you do is buy low, sell high and watch how the market goes. Make 1 Gold million times and you have million gold. I have told like 500 people exactly what I'm doing to milk gold and 2 of them actually made huge, bought multiple SMs and stuff. 498 told "oMg nO onE iS bUyinG :(:(:(" after their 2 day "effort".
    Ally or horde?

5. Can you be more specific please? Like is it gonna affect only Icecrown and Lordareon, or Frostmourne in it, too? You didn't say anything about that

6. Can you be more specific please? Like is it gonna affect only Icecrown and Lordareon, or Frostmourne in it, too? You didn't say anything about that
    This is topic from before previous squish. Nothing currently relevant is announced, as you can see.

7. yall should hail me cause im the one who sells evrything with low price

8. this is laughable, damn i see why people hate being realistic.

whats the point worrying on all of this?

Wanna know the "secrets" the secret is time=money

time is the most precious resource you will ever have and your health ofc, and i am talking about reali life, considering the circumstances and the Warmane, best way to be "rich" or just avoid this, literally the easiest way is to : lets say you are rich or have money, squish wont affect you, donate some $$ and make a fortune with the coins, or just be an exploiter-abuser which is banable, but those are literally the best way,

after i realised this, i will never farm items/herbs/mining when i can leverage other people to do it for me, and they will gladly do it,

entrepreneurship in a nutshell = this game is procastination most of the time, yet it is fun, cant waste time 2-3 hours or more farming 1k gold or w/e 10k gold farming mining or herbs, if in real world you get paid 10-15$ + an hour, you for example donate that, you save LOTS OF TIME, instead of 5 hours grinding, you.. save that by 1h irl, :D

sorry for not expressing myself clearly, i am in a rush now + multitasking, just wanted to say, stop worrying, and stop wasting time, be succesfull in real life, or just be decent, and you can save lots of time leveraging or P2CATCH here, if you play for more than 3 years this game, and still "farming herbs" well sad, but is your choice, just don't get frustrated when others use $$ and surpass you, it benefits them, and the server. :DD

p.s waiting for replies to trash on me, because being cynical-realist is a flaw nowadays, :D ;)

p.s.s WARMANE pls inform us about the christmas events <3

9. this is laughable, damn i see why people hate being realistic.

whats the point worrying on all of this?

Wanna know the "secrets" the secret is time=money

time is the most precious resource you will ever have and your health ofc, and i am talking about reali life, considering the circumstances and the Warmane, best way to be "rich" or just avoid this, literally the easiest way is to : lets say you are rich or have money, squish wont affect you, donate some $$ and make a fortune with the coins, or just be an exploiter-abuser which is banable, but those are literally the best way,

after i realised this, i will never farm items/herbs/mining when i can leverage other people to do it for me, and they will gladly do it,

entrepreneurship in a nutshell = this game is procastination most of the time, yet it is fun, cant waste time 2-3 hours or more farming 1k gold or w/e 10k gold farming mining or herbs, if in real world you get paid 10-15$ + an hour, you for example donate that, you save LOTS OF TIME, instead of 5 hours grinding, you.. save that by 1h irl, :D

sorry for not expressing myself clearly, i am in a rush now + multitasking, just wanted to say, stop worrying, and stop wasting time, be succesfull in real life, or just be decent, and you can save lots of time leveraging or P2CATCH here, if you play for more than 3 years this game, and still "farming herbs" well sad, but is your choice, just don't get frustrated when others use $$ and surpass you, it benefits them, and the server. :DD

p.s waiting for replies to trash on me, because being cynical-realist is a flaw nowadays, :D ;)

p.s.s WARMANE pls inform us about the christmas events <3
    Hello there!

In this thread earlier ( like months back ) I actually mentioned what you just said about real money and bringing it to the economy of a non-real world.
    Time is 100% the most valuable thing, it doesn't matter if you spend it playing wow or in real life. If you study the economy on Icecrown, you'll eventually come to the conclusion that everything that has value, not RNG based and not "AH played" revolves around the time it takes to farm / get those items. This might sound stupid at first, but you can clearly see that there is some standard gold figure an average player can farm in an hour with basic proffs / grinds. It's usually somewhere between 2k and 4k gold, depending on competition, luck and many other things. Thus, everything that is crafted and later sold from these raw mats are always defined by their current value ( time to get them ).

BUT, once you outsmart the system, start dominating markets or do other tricky stuff ( the usual "buy low sell high" can be applied here as well, if someone knows where to look and what to look for and most importantly, when. ) So, once you do these and don't stop after 1 week with some lame "nO OnES BUyiNg mY AuCTiOnS" reason, you can make big. I consider success to be that "chill" feeling when you just know everything about the market and the usual time<-->gold ratio does not apply to you anyomre, you make 10-20x that amount in an hour, not counting your passive hours when you just hit "create all" on 10 different chars.

About the real money:
    Yes, depending on your current situation and job, you can just work some OT hours and spend it on your account, buy gold or whatever you want. Yes, an average European or US hourly rate ( when converted to gold ) is million times better than farming for days online for the same amount. This , however, has some not-so-bright sides:
    -Underdeveloped countries, where the hourly rates are joke and its literally better to farm onlie.
    -People who don't / can't work yet, for whatever reason ( students etc..)

-The most important thing:

There are players out there who find joy in doing these little "ventures", without putting in real cash. I believe is someone's goal was to have millions of gold he could just save a little money and buy it. It's not the goal that matters, it's the journey that leads there. There's something grabbing and maybe even addictive in working your way up, even if it's just a virtual market, some ppl see it as a simulation. ( Some universities actually teach wow's economy as an example to many things related to this field )

So, after all, what you said is real and logical, but take into consideration the "crazy" ones who enjoy doing this the hard way :)

xx

10. Lmao, the amount of butthurt people in this thread.

Thanks Warmane, I love the squish. Makes my money making a bit more enjoyable and challenging.

IMPORTANT INFO
    Before Warmane had the name it has today, we had no gold squish. Whatever "little" you make right now, would in no way have a chance on the old economy.
    Pair of crafted pants: 45.000 - 55.000.
    Raging Pauldrons: 50.000 - 65.000.
    Crimson Choker: 100.000 - 120.000.

Compared to the prices we see right now, around 1/4 of what they used to be, I think you should thank the ****ing lord, that the squish happens, so you can actually afford **** on this server.

I've been running scraps, and I've been a millionaire.
    Life is rough, but it sure as hell is a lot healthier seeing a gold squish yearly, compared to the insane prices you used to see.

Poor people will stay poor, even without a gold squish.

It's not their problem that you're a lazy bastard, but they sure as hell help you out a ton.
    Sure, you lose 5k. I lose 500k. Stop crying about your ****ing pennies, please.

The gold squish secures a stable economy. It's worth the while, even though it might suck at first glance, it saves you a massive amount of hours in the long run.
    You can afford **** on this server, because Warmane plays Robin Hood. Be more appreciative of what you have.

11. Lmao, the amount of butthurt people in this thread.

Thanks Warmane, I love the squish. Makes my money making a bit more enjoyable and challenging.

IMPORTANT INFO
    Before Warmane had the name it has today, we had no gold squish. Whatever "little" you make right now, would in no way have a chance on the old economy.

Compared to the prices we see right now, around 1/4 of what they used to be, I think you should thank the ****ing lord, that the squish happens, so you can actually afford **** on this server.

Life is rough, but it sure as hell is a lot healthier seeing a gold squish yearly, compared to the insane prices you used to see.

It's not their problem that you're a lazy bastard, but they sure as hell help you out a ton.

The gold squish secures a stable economy. It's worth the while, even though it might suck at first glance, it saves you a massive amount of hours in the long run.
    You can afford **** on this server, because Warmane plays Robin Hood. Be more appreciative of what you have.
    My man here just summarized it all.

Keep in mind however, that the price of mats and everything else would also increase if there wasn't a squish, so what a newbie makes selling copper bars would also be 4x higher, but this wouldn't solve anything of course, the market is way more complex than this so what you wrote is 100% ture.

By the way, 70% of this thread is not even about the squish directly, more like ppl arguing over investing tips or just having chill conversations. And the best part is that every year there is a new thread about the squish when they announce it, so people who don't like the squish always gather together and roast the ever living sh*t out of players who try to help them and explain why the squish is a good thing.

I think comments should become disabled under the incoming squish announcement and there would maybe be a link leading to this thread where salty players can read everything they need to know, but this is never going to happen cuz all they can do is cry about it instead of finding actual solutions.

There are a plethora of useful information in this thread, maybe if somebody gathered all the worthwhile comments here and wrote a complete summary about the squish, how it works, its effects and why it is a good thing, maybe then the general player base would understand it better. Warmane staff is sure nice but all they say is "for a healthier economy", which is 100% true but not everyone gets it.

12. you have no idea how correct what u said actually is

13. Lmao, the amount of butthurt people in this thread.

IMPORTANT INFO

and i thought i will be the only one with intense realism here.

You speak some tough truth here. And its like that, without gold squish, there would be no limit on how the prices would go.

14. There are a plethora of useful information in this thread, maybe if somebody gathered all the worthwhile comments here and wrote a complete summary about the squish, how it works, its effects and why it is a good thing, maybe then the general player base would understand it better. Warmane staff is sure nice but all they say is "for a healthier economy", which is 100% true but not everyone gets it.
    you should do that, you seem convinging.

few core tips, but... this thing exists in real world too? No?
    plenty of information available, they say knowledge is power, i figure it out, that is the biggest misconception, you can have all the knowledge you want, but it becomes.. next to... Useless if not put in practice.. so yeah..

15. Invest in hard assets that players will absolutely need, as a result, value. Epic BoEs, crafting reagents, cut jewels/gems, etc. By doing so you will reduce the amount of actual gold you lose. You may even be able to make a tidy profit with the right investments.

First ... 715161718 Last