1. we should have a coin squish too 'for a healthier economy'

2. we should have a coin squish too 'for a healthier economy'
    Coins are a brought-in currency, it does not affect the gold circulation in-game directly. If somebody's selling 200k gold for 50 coins and I buy it, the amount of gold in circulation remained the same. The seller got his coins and he's probably gonna spend it a.s.a.p., once he has his desired amount.

And how would that work, exactly? People usually buy / trade coins because they want to buy something, it's not like gold and mats, no one's going to be sitting on massive quinatities of coins rofl, you either flip it or spend it on whatever you prefer.

Not to mention the obvious logical problems with this idea. After the coin squish, would real money needed to get 10 coins go down from 10€ to 5€? If not, the squish would have no purpose at all.

Also, the outrage would be huge, I don't think people would be happy about the real money they spent on this game suddenly getting halved in value ( if they had not spent in yet, of course )

3. Invest in hard assets that players will absolutely need, as a result, value. Epic BoEs, crafting reagents, cut jewels/gems, etc. By doing so you will reduce the amount of actual gold you lose. You may even be able to make a tidy profit with the right investments.
    basically what i wrotte here in one of my posts.

better buy mammoth mounts, or just spend the gold in something os you don't get -50% cut

selling them is so hard, just saw a guy today advertising 110k gold for 23 coins lool

so yeah investing.

4. Coins are a brought-in currency, it does not affect the gold circulation in-game directly. If somebody's selling 200k gold for 50 coins and I buy it, the amount of gold in circulation remained the same. The seller got his coins and he's probably gonna spend it a.s.a.p., once he has his desired amount.

And how would that work, exactly? People usually buy / trade coins because they want to buy something, it's not like gold and mats, no one's going to be sitting on massive quinatities of coins rofl, you either flip it or spend it on whatever you prefer.

Not to mention the obvious logical problems with this idea. After the coin squish, would real money needed to get 10 coins go down from 10€ to 5€? If not, the squish would have no purpose at all.

Also, the outrage would be huge, I don't think people would be happy about the real money they spent on this game suddenly getting halved in value ( if they had not spent in yet, of course )
    yea :D
    imagine you donate 20$ REAL money, and get 5 coins instead of 20, or half, because the squish.
    rip donatorsm the outrage would be huge.

5. we should have a coin squish too 'for a healthier economy'
    btw people will find a way to exploit/benefit that aswell.

Just like Mr.Bomesssor said, that in this thread you can find gold information how to mitigate your loses,

so yeah, just play the game and have fun, gold squish slowly each passing year is becoming irelevant for some of us, that know the real VALUE of time which i said in my post real life > game, real workd > game grinding. Love it or Hate it, but that's the reality.

6. Will coins also be halfed on my account ?

7. Will coins also be halfed on my account ?
    Gold squish only affects gold, not coins. And this forum thread is from a year ago, about a gold squish that happened at the beginning of this year. New one for next year has not been announced yet.

8. people actually took a troll comment seriously lol

9. Well instead of only doing squish warmane should place lottery counter or like blackmarket ingame. Place equipment rare mounts and xmog scroll or whatever they think is good and then announce squish date. Lottery everyday spend your gold this way or watch it get halved. People complain means nothing if they do this, because they gave you option. It's just my opinion because I would rather play with luck instead of watching my things get taken away. And oh! Better do it on festival season because you can call this an event as well. Cheers!

10. Well instead of only doing squish warmane should place lottery counter or like blackmarket ingame. Place equipment rare mounts and xmog scroll or whatever they think is good and then announce squish date. Lottery everyday spend your gold this way or watch it get halved. People complain means nothing if they do this, because they gave you option. It's just my opinion because I would rather play with luck instead of watching my things get taken away. And oh! Better do it on festival season because you can call this an event as well. Cheers!
    Account / Lottery. you should give that a look

11. Is gold squish going to stop ? What are your plans for it in the future ?

It really sucks to see some minor gold I acquire passively, as a casual player that doesn't play AH or profession games, ripped in half every year.
    Yea this is really hard on players under 70. Really under 80 too. Imagine you just earned enough to get cold weather flying.... just kidding, keep grinding.

First ... 8161718