1. as 17 less and less active players buy and sell
    better for Warmane to make a bank so some things can be bought for gold

2. thats what blizzard do, put items in vendors for large quantities of gold, remember haris pilton's bag , mammoth mounts and even the cost of vendor items of the motorcicles.

3. So How many private Wow servers do a Gold Squish?? Hmmmm??

4. I guess I'm lucky and only have 4 gold. I can make that missing 2 gold pretty quick!

5. The way around the gold squish, though it may be donor only? Is to sell your gold for coins and hoard up coins. They always retain highest value and can be spent on anything so.. you heard it here.. Sell your gold for coins, but don't cheap out on the ratio or someone will undercut you :P

Or buy mats in the AH / Primos, etc..

Sure, the coins / mats value cuts in half too, but then you need less gold to farm more coins , making them more profitable towards gear / mounts on the store. It's really not too bad a system.

In my history I once spent 8 coins on like 80k, vs selling 23k for 8 coins other day.

6. All characters lvl 1 and up since Jan 2019 - so yeah, higher than lvl 20 so long as its a year.

7. I think a lot does not like the gold squish, mean prices are already instable, with this, we have like 4-5 months of instable prices, people losing gold, while bots and others making quick cash out of it, maybe find other solution to sink in gold from those who have most of the realm gold, it's bad to see what happens in real-world happens here too, gold squish take casual and poor players hard-working while the richest people stack up their items and evade it then control market prices.

8. Just checking in, still can't find any detailed professional explanation.

While many of us ( including me ) get the idea behind the squish, we can't see it 100% thoroughly since there are so many angles and aspects to it. You wouldn't think so but this whole in-game economy stuff is kindof like a complex big engine with thousands of moving parts in it. It's been formed and perfected by the players throughout the years and maybe the squish is like the "yearly oil change" of the engine.

Anyways, I thought I couldn't find any ways to spend my accumulated gold so I just went with starting a 79 twink, cost me like 30k+ buying everything BiS and needed, now I'm having rock rolling fun in 70-79 BGs and don't have to worry about the squish since I literally spent every dime I had. What else could I ask for :P?

Brace yourselves, 7 days and it's happening.

Take care

9. Only one squish "worked" - one that was accompanied with gold drop and profession rate changes - from x7 to x3. So it successfully cut the numbers in half while doubling their value.

And I really don't understand the point, if they want to boost gold sales, why not reduce rates and double repair costs, that would increase demand for gold in a long run. People who have gold will not care about squish. People without gold will have farmed enough after 1 month - and thats when prices are back to normal after squish. Long term inflation from excess gold is not an issue - but squish makes it an issue, since it forces all that [effectively drained out in banks]gold back into market. Low participation in economy, hoarding materials, encouraged gold creation instead of sinking - which all increases prices overall. Squish creates reason for itself to happen, healthy whatever rainbowland is smokescreen so stupid I cant help but to cringe.

Indeed would be great if someone from staff could explain the train of thought about squish, as far as I can tell they don't want everyone to facepalm at their explanation.

10. Gold Squish does nothing to established players, it only effects new players for the most part.

11. 1. The part about guild vaults being deleted worries me. It's under the level 20 header, and all my GM characters are above 20, but i have lost a whole guild vault (and thousands of gold in contents) before when they merged 2 Rhealms into 1, along with 10 characters, and 5 i had to rename.
    2. No one is buying gold with coins right now, but boy i bet they will come 2/18.

12. I hope this year they cancel all auctions in game as well as on website, and then squish it. By their own definition - very healthy results will be tainted with residual unhealthy prices from inflated pre-squish market.

13. At what time will be this inactivity cleanup and gold squish?

14. At what time will be this inactivity cleanup and gold squish?
    Someone asking the important questions here.

First ... 89101112 ... Last