1. Healer/Support Player New to Private Servers

Hey all!
    As the title says, my primary roles in MMO has been in a healer or support role; even a logi pilot in EVE. I tried out Classic WoW for a bit, but I just kept thinking about TBC and WotLK. Especially since I just don't have the time to dedicate to grinding up a new character all over again, I'm really excited for that 7x XP boost ;)

Anyway, for now I'm going to go Resto Shaman, since it seems like it has both elements of offering support while being able to heal well. I've seen it repeated that, for whatever reason, Shamans are historically played by...bad...players mostly. Since I am new to the raiding element I'd love any advice beyond the standard YouTube guides, especially from Melderon. Super excited to start this path and definitely add me in-game, scevvin!

2. Welcome to Warmane, I hope you have a good time playing with all of us. Indeed shamans have been not a class of choice for bad players, but a class that got exponentially nerfed throughout expansions due to their initial massive potential. Fortunately in this patch Shamans are quite playable, especially the role of a resto shaman. As a raid leader I'd rather avoid getting enhancements or elementals, but if I can get a resto, he'll get the spot over other healers guaranteed. Their utility and healing is just too good for most raids to put them aside. With that being said, best of luck and I hope you give a good name to shamans, cheers!

3. Welcome to Warmane, I hope you have a good time playing with all of us. Indeed shamans have been not a class of choice for bad players, but a class that got exponentially nerfed throughout expansions due to their initial massive potential. Fortunately in this patch Shamans are quite playable, especially the role of a resto shaman. As a raid leader I'd rather avoid getting enhancements or elementals, but if I can get a resto, he'll get the spot over other healers guaranteed. Their utility and healing is just too good for most raids to put them aside. With that being said, best of luck and I hope you give a good name to shamans, cheers!
    That's great to know from the perspective of a raid leader! I have never played a Paladin, either, and they seem just as interesting in the same capacity as a Shaman. What would be your perspective of shaman vs pally in a healing slot?