1. A simple question

How do you ignore opposite server players when you play a bg, doesn't work by a command /ignore 'nickname'

Ty a lot

- I don't wanna listen to bg chat, so many weirdos

ty

2. Right click their name in chat -> ignore. It adds name-realm to the ignore list since there might be people with the same name from your realm and another one.

3. Well, it seems like I'd have to remove the battleground chat I guess so I cannot see anything since the opposite server players cannot be ignored, I still see someone's chat in bg. The reason for this is because I don't wanna listen to children's crap. That would be all.

4. Well, it seems like I'd have to remove the battleground chat I guess so I cannot see anything since the opposite server players cannot be ignored, I still see someone's chat in bg. The reason for this is because I don't wanna listen to children's crap. That would be all.
    I don't know what you're doing but they can be ignored. As simply as I've said. Right click their name in the chat and press ignore. If you're refering to seeing them under /say after you ignore them that's normal and can't be avoided unless you remove speech baubles in options.

5. I don't know what you're doing but they can be ignored. As simply as I've said. Right click their name in the chat and press ignore. If you're refering to seeing them under /say after you ignore them that's normal and can't be avoided unless you remove speech baubles in options.
    are you sure it works?

I get "player not found" message and it is not even added on "ignore list" (if the player is from a different realm ofc)

6. are you sure it works?

I get "player not found" message and it is not even added on "ignore list" (if the player is from a different realm ofc)
    Works for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It adds Example-Icecrown on ignore list and I don't see his chat anymore.
    Not sure if it matters but I use IgnoreMore addon.
    Edited: January 21, 2020

7. Not sure if it matters but I use IgnoreMore addon.
    yes, that is why. That addon allow you to do that.

Btw it does not really ignore the players. Indeed they can still wisp you (they do NOT get "X is ignoring you" )
    That addon will just hide any message from that player.

So, as for thread starter, you can use this addon to bypass client limitation https://www.wowace.com/projects/igno...e/files/439335

It seems that only from Cataclysm 4.0.6a it was possible to ignore players from other realms:
    "Players can now Ignore other characters from different realms or battlegroups when queuing for Battlegrounds or dungeons using the command: /ignore playername-servername(region). Note that the user interface Ignore function and "/ignore playername" command still do not work correctly for players on different battlegroups and will require a future patch to correct."
    Edited: January 21, 2020

8. That addon does not really ignore the players. Indeed they can still wisp you (they do NOT get "X is ignoring you" )
    That addon will just hide any message from that player.
    Well, that's unfortunate.