1. Corona virus, a sort of necrotic plague.

Hey, as many of you, if not everyone knows, there has appeared a new branch of the corona virus family in Wuhan (People's Republic of China). The newsletters and all the media says that the cities presenting episodes of the virus have been put under quarantines, and that there are around 700 infected and 25 confirmed deaths. However as you may have noticed as well, it seems that there are unusual things going on under these quarantines. A group of Americans living in china that happen to have a group of whats app or some chat app, have leaked a few screenshots of their conversations, where a woman claims that she is stuck in Wuhan, and that flights and tanks are spraying the city with something similar to a pesticide. On twitter we are seeing videos of people just dropping dead randomly with blood pouring through their mouths. And ultimately, there are some twits from Chinese doctors, that if the translation is correct, they consider that the death toll is of 10.000 at the very least, reporting that all the hospitals in Wuhan are a focus of infection where the majority of doctors have fallen sick from the same virus.

What do you guys think? I personally think, not wanting to sound overtly negative or give a black pill, but I really think it's over for all of us.

2. When I come across news coming from countries like China, I usually take it with a pinch of deeprock-salt. The amount of propaganda we are subjected to, even on a daily basis, is simply staggering. How much of it's true, and how much is contorted? God only knows. "Who benefits from this?" - is what I would ask myself when considering news such as the coronavirus-outbreak. The only thing we can do from where we all are is evaluate our own sanitary habits, keep doing what works, and keep keeping on. (if only it were that simple, ey?) RIP to family members and friends whom are affected.

I used to let this black-pill stuff really get be down, but honestly if you think about it: any amount of anxiety and fear you would be inflicting upon yourself in anticipation of some sort of imminent global catastrophe, like nuclear holocaust, or chem-trails of coronavirus, only fricks up your capacity to live serenely in the present. Not to mention the absolute futility thereof!

I have forfeited a whole lot of opportunities in the (relatively near)past, because of the black-pill ideology and what it had done to me. "Where do we go when the bombs fall?" - does it really matter? You'll be dead, and that's that. So seize the day, and do what makes you happy, I guess.

I am fully aware that this ignorant nihilism is simply a coping mechanism for the sheer horror of staring into the abyss, and we are all likely going to die, but I'll be damned if I go out of this world, corona-ridden lungs, irradiated, and starving, and I fall knowing I didn't live a day in my life, because of fear.

3. Yes I sort of always rejected the black pill as well, mainly because as you said in the end it pulls you down the majority of times. We know life is **** but the constant reminder of it everyday will ultimately destroy our mental sanity. But in this case, even though it comes presented as a black pill, I'm afraid this is the last black pill. I have always been lurking in obscure places of the internet where you have access to unconventional information to gather as much as I could, and if what I found there is true, we are talking about a plague of biblical consequences, so I was wondering what was the opinion of Warmanerians on this topic.

The idea of walking with corona-ridden lungs, irradiated and starving seems like an accurate future ATM!

Very nice post though.

4. When I come across news coming from countries like China, I usually take it with a pinch of deeprock-salt. The amount of propaganda we are subjected to, even on a daily basis, is simply staggering. How much of it's true, and how much is contorted? God only knows. "Who benefits from this?" - is what I would ask myself when considering news such as the coronavirus-outbreak. The only thing we can do from where we all are is evaluate our own sanitary habits, keep doing what works, and keep keeping on. (if only it were that simple, ey?) RIP to family members and friends whom are affected.

I used to let this black-pill stuff really get be down, but honestly if you think about it: any amount of anxiety and fear you would be inflicting upon yourself in anticipation of some sort of imminent global catastrophe, like nuclear holocaust, or chem-trails of coronavirus, only fricks up your capacity to live serenely in the present. Not to mention the absolute futility thereof!

I have forfeited a whole lot of opportunities in the (relatively near)past, because of the black-pill ideology and what it had done to me. "Where do we go when the bombs fall?" - does it really matter? You'll be dead, and that's that. So seize the day, and do what makes you happy, I guess.

I am fully aware that this ignorant nihilism is simply a coping mechanism for the sheer horror of staring into the abyss, and we are all likely going to die, but I'll be damned if I go out of this world, corona-ridden lungs, irradiated, and starving, and I fall knowing I didn't live a day in my life, because of fear.
    Who benefits from this? the same people who benefit from earthquakes and typhoons. Relief foundations. (fund-ations). Wanna know the best part? they're gonna allow this to spread until the earnings have peaked, OR, it enters a state crisis, which then the News Media will take over, and begin blaming politicians for not doing anything until THEY'RE payed off. Then, protest groups will march in the streets and blame something completely irrelevant, like global warming, FOR this crisis, so that politicians can earn some of the money they lost, and push an agenda that will help bring votes for next year's election.

Imagine all of this just being speculation and I am completely paranoid. Imagine :D

5. they gotta solve their population problems somehow.

6. they gotta solve their population problems somehow.
    We're still the ones that contaminate the most, even though Europe doesn't have more than 300 million people across all countries, we still need to eat the bats so Greta can have her childhood back :)

But now in all seriousness, am I the only one paranoid enough that we'll take a huge blow from this? Things are starting to get scary.

7. We're still the ones that contaminate the most, even though Europe doesn't have more than 300 million people across all countries, we still need to eat the bats so Greta can have her childhood back :)

But now in all seriousness, am I the only one paranoid enough that we'll take a huge blow from this? Things are starting to get scary.
    there's likely plenty of people that think this is going to wipe out a lot. every disease that pops up there's people who think it's the next bubonic plague.

personally i feel there is no sense in getting worked up over something i have absolutely no control over. i take the steps i can take to prevent myself/my family getting sick, and that's about all i can do.

8. there's likely plenty of people that think this is going to wipe out a lot. every disease that pops up there's people who think it's the next bubonic plague.

personally i feel there is no sense in getting worked up over something i have absolutely no control over. i take the steps i can take to prevent myself/my family getting sick, and that's about all i can do.
    Been reported that 74% of the people examined (99) died of pneumonia, a small percentage 11% died of multiple organ failure. I think it's time that "our" politicians step up, declare the emergency state and make public all the information they've been holding for this long. I think this is it guys, it's officially happening. My bet is that tonight on the next update we'll see the cases skyrocketing in the west, if not tonight on the upcoming weeks. Also, don't ask me how I know this but there are several confirmed cases in the UK and the government doesn't plan to make it public yet.

9. Imagine all of this just being speculation and I am completely paranoid. Imagine :D
    Woke AF! You know the best thing about being a cynic is that you're always either right, or pleasantly surprised - never wrong :))

@Amdus: Have you seen that little factoid making the rounds on the web regarding the cyclical nature of plagues? (Like, in 1720 it was the spanish flu, and then in 1820 it was the Cholera outbreaks, and 1920 it was the spanish flu etc. etc. etc.?) Crazy sh!te, m8. People do tend to overestimate the significance of coincidence though, so this factoid is gonna infect a whole lotta people. Media taps into this fear and reports bullsh!t figures to generate views and sh!t, and people become misinformed and act rashly. This all reeks of crap...

10. I think its over hyped nonsense. The flu killed 80,000 people in USA last year yet only 43% were vaccinated with flu shots. The only people who are dying of the Corona virus are basically the elderly people with weak immune systems or were already basically dying.

11. This thread is gold, had a good laugh reading through your dramatic opinions. I particularly enjoyed this part :

Also, don't ask me how I know this but there are several confirmed cases in the UK and the government doesn't plan to make it public yet.
    like the dude is an hidden FBI agent revealing secret informations xd

12. This thread is gold, had a good laugh reading through your dramatic opinions. I particularly enjoyed this part :

like the dude is an hidden FBI agent revealing secret informations xd
    You would never know. There are all sorts of people with all sorts of professions playing here in their spare time. It's all fun and giggles until you get 20 cases of coronavirus near you, and when you get infected you get treated with HIV drugs. Nothing to get alarmed it's not happening. Please keep airports open, we can't allow our GDP to drop!

13. It has a 2% mortality rate, chill the **** out.

14. It has a 2% mortality rate, chill the **** out.
    We don't know the mortality rate yet. Everything are speculations but so far the "official" numbers say that the mortality rate is above 50%. The 2% mortality rate is biased since it's calculated off another SARS virus but not this one in particular. I'd say we'll have the "official" mortality rate in a couple months.

123 Last