1. Do people not pvp on Lordaeron?

So i got to 80 again on (played here a few years ago) Lordaeron and have been playing bgs etc and i have noticed that the overwhelming majority of people in bgs are from Icecrown. In most bgs, there seems to be about 4-6 players out of 30 that are from Lordaeron. I don't understand why?

I mean i've seen population peaks of 8-9 k on EU evenings, during Sunday... that's very nice... so are you telling me that with such a big population, Lordaeron alone wouldn't have enough people to pop bgs lol? Why were the servers connected in a "battlegroup" type of fashion anyway? What was the reason for this crossrealm bullshiet? I haven't played here in a few years so i'm truly curious.

So one realm makes it easy to obtain everything and the other one makes it harder (atleast in pve) and then someone had the GRAND idea of crossrealming these? I like to pvp in wow and wotlk is my favourite expansion... so i come here and see this happening? Does Warmane hope that by forcing people to play against full bis donors, more people will also become donors? Lmao...

Also what's the deal with these low gs and high gs bg brackets? Like why were those added? :S

Since pve is made harder on Lordaeron aswell, it even seems that there's not that many doing that tbh. I mean how many 6k+ gs people do you actually encounter in the game? Not too many. Seems like there's not much hc raiding even going on. So is Lordaeron an rp/erp server or something? :D
    Edited: January 24, 2020

2. You complain about gear and donors then ask why low gs brackets were added. You're the one who doesn't make any sense.

3. First of all it's not a complaint thread. I'm curious as to what's going on here, because i haven't played here. Instead of being arrogant, maybe you could actually provide a proper answer?

Also how do gs bracket bgs stop donors from killing everyone else anyway? Everyone gears up past 4,5 k or whatever the milestone for them is anyway, fairly easily and fast, after which they will all be in the higher bracket anyway... so that doesn't even make any sense lol.

4. First of all it's not a complaint thread. I'm curious as to what's going on here, because i haven't played here. Instead of being arrogant, maybe you could actually provide a proper answer?
    The 2 brackets were made so you can actually have fun while playing bgs with your fresh 80.

Also how do gs bracket bgs stop donors from killing everyone else anyway? Everyone gears up past 4,5 k or whatever the milestone for them is anyway, fairly easily and fast, after which they will all be in the higher bracket anyway... so that doesn't even make any sense lol.
    So you prefer to be killed by donors right from the start when you ding lvl 80? What YOU are saying doesn't make sense.

Also complaining about icecrown donators, while not saying a word about blackrock, rofl.

5. Do i have to separately mention Blackrock? What difference does it make, it's all the same basically. Both of you just want to argue with someone. My OP post was about asking a question, to which i'd expect a reply.

What do the gs brackerts matter here... Yeah wow you can spend some time while gearing in the lower brackets and not get killed immediately, but sooner or later you will end up in the higher brackets anyway. That gearing in pvp is doable with less than a week lol. PLUS if there would be no brackets, then every bg would be a mix of people anyway, not 15 smourne 7k donors coming at you... so what i'm saying makes perfect sense.

This thread was about asking why so few people SEEM to (from my current experience) do pvp on Lordaeron and also about asking why such changes have been made as i haven't played here in a while.

6. What do the gs brackerts matter here... Yeah wow you can spend some time while gearing in the lower brackets and not get killed immediately, but sooner or later you will end up in the higher brackets anyway. That gearing in pvp is doable with less than a week lol.
    So just because someone will eventually get to the higher bracket, he is supposed to get stomped from the start of his journey at 80 lvl? I don't really get why are you trying to bash that idea. The point of it is to make bgs more enjoyable for all the ppl that play it. If there were more ppl playing on the server they would probably divide the bracket even more, so the bgs would be more balanced.

PLUS if there would be no brackets, then every bg would be a mix of people anyway, not 15 smourne 7k donors coming at you... so what i'm saying makes perfect sense.
    Let me guess, you got around 5k gs and you have no1 to bully in bgs, don't you?

If 3k gs players would have to compete against bis geared shmourne wielders they wouldn't even bother to move from the spawn. Can't really blame them, even a fart would rip them apart. So instead of 2 brackets we would have bgs filled with afk ppl.

This thread was about asking why so few people SEEM to (from my current experience) do pvp on Lordaeron and also about asking why such changes have been made as i haven't played here in a while.
    Raids are harder on lord, so it's filled with ppl who dedicate themselves to the pve content. For pvp players playing on lord is kinda pointless, because gearing process is harder and slower. Only ppl who equally enjoy pvp and pve play pvp on lord.

Both of you just want to argue with someone. My OP post was about asking a question, to which i'd expect a reply.
    You did not just ask questions. Alongside these, you also stated your opinion about some of the matters, that's why we start to argue.
    Edited: January 25, 2020

7. Because people on Lordaeron aren't as geared compared to casuals from Icecrown or tryhards that play Blackrock.
    Getting Heroic offparts/weaps/trinks on Lord takes a lot longer than getting it on Icecrown where you can start raiding HCs a month after you ding 80. Facing people that got them that quickly or by completely circumventing raiding and donating for it is more often than not unfair and so people just don't que BG. Like 60% of platers from Icecrown run around with heroic trinks and weapons (if not Smourne) that would take year to get for an average player on Lordaeron. The gear difference is way too big and turns most people from Lordaeron away from PvP. Blackrock isn't even that big of a problem since starting gear there is meh and getting big heroic parts takes atleast some display of skill.
    Also, people playing Lordaeron play it for the challenging raid content, not for PvP, so they'll be more interested in PvE than PvP from the get go.

Hope that answers your question.

8. Do i have to separately mention Blackrock? What difference does it make, it's all the same basically. Both of you just want to argue with someone. My OP post was about asking a question, to which i'd expect a reply.

What do the gs brackerts matter here... Yeah wow you can spend some time while gearing in the lower brackets and not get killed immediately, but sooner or later you will end up in the higher brackets anyway. That gearing in pvp is doable with less than a week lol. PLUS if there would be no brackets, then every bg would be a mix of people anyway, not 15 smourne 7k donors coming at you... so what i'm saying makes perfect sense.

You are that typical guy with 5.5k gs who wants to bash 3k gs people in bgs, so for that reason the gs bracket was introduced where people like you can't do that anymore. You are against cross-realm because now you are put in people with Icecrown and Blackrock where you have to face healthy competition, but you don't want that since your PvP skill is used to smashing 3k gs people within your realm. With that being said, cross-realm with gs bracket brings in healthy competition across the 3 wotlk realm. Only people who are bad at PvP with minimum skill set like you usually cry and whine about it, but others are absolutely fine with cross-realm gs bracket.

9. Because people on Lordaeron aren't as geared compared to casuals from Icecrown or tryhards that play Blackrock.
    Getting Heroic offparts/weaps/trinks on Lord takes a lot longer than getting it on Icecrown where you can start raiding HCs a month after you ding 80.
    This is only from prospective of new player. Lordearon have been existing for how long now, 4-5 years? There is plenty of players who are BIS geared on Lord, they simple dont wanna play PVP. Even before cross-realm PVP on lord was almost non existing. The reality always was that x1 exp rate realm with buffed PVE content is simple not attractive for PVP oriented players.

10. Don't listen to these people, they are just here to flame and troll.

Cross-realm was a terrible change made months ago besides 95% of the pvp community was, and is against it.

It totally killed Lordaeron, ruined forever Blackrock which was happy with his own 264/custom pvp patch meta, and ICC players now have to deal with an army of scripters and hackers from this new blackrock, where they can insta make a new character in case they get caught and banned.

Don't even bother to play on Lordaeron if you are even remotely interested in PvP and in an enjoyable and sane wow experience.

11. You are that typical guy with 5.5k gs who wants to bash 3k gs people in bgs, so for that reason the gs bracket was introduced where people like you can't do that anymore. You are against cross-realm because now you are put in people with Icecrown and Blackrock where you have to face healthy competition, but you don't want that since your PvP skill is used to smashing 3k gs people within your realm. With that being said, cross-realm with gs bracket brings in healthy competition across the 3 wotlk realm. Only people who are bad at PvP with minimum skill set like you usually cry and whine about it, but others are absolutely fine with cross-realm gs bracket.
    Dunno why you're projecting that on me, but it's totally wrong. Dunno why you're so hostile either lol. You sound like you're talking about yourself tbh.

I would like Lordaeron to have it's own bgs, instead of being crossrealmed... so dunno wtf you're on about.

I'm one who would like bgs as they were in retail. I guess by your logic retail had it wrong and this custom system of Warmane is just dandy xD
    Retail had nowhere near the amount of full bis geared people that exist here (because you couldn't buy gear lmao) and i'm also not interested in bashing 3 k ppl while being 5,5k or whatever you said. (I'm a healer btw aswell so yeah, how wrong can you get?) I started playing here again just recently i'm not even 4,5k yet, so WRONG. I'm pretty good at the game, i don't need a gear advantage. Also who is "others"? You speak for everyone troll? Because Drunkuser says the exact opposite... so which one of you speaks for the whole cummunity huh?

Holy shiet you're bitter... making things up about others and trying to flame... lol. What's to be expected of a guy with some edgy rogue avatar picture. Bet you're char's name is Edgyninjadarknessbladeoftheshadowkiller. Emo much xD?
    Edited: January 26, 2020

12. Because people on Lordaeron aren't as geared compared to casuals from Icecrown or tryhards that play Blackrock.
    Getting Heroic offparts/weaps/trinks on Lord takes a lot longer than getting it on Icecrown where you can start raiding HCs a month after you ding 80. Facing people that got them that quickly or by completely circumventing raiding and donating for it is more often than not unfair and so people just don't que BG. Like 60% of platers from Icecrown run around with heroic trinks and weapons (if not Smourne) that would take year to get for an average player on Lordaeron. The gear difference is way too big and turns most people from Lordaeron away from PvP. Blackrock isn't even that big of a problem since starting gear there is meh and getting big heroic parts takes atleast some display of skill.
    Also, people playing Lordaeron play it for the challenging raid content, not for PvP, so they'll be more interested in PvE than PvP from the get go.

Hope that answers your question.
    Thanks for a real answer man. Yeah it seems so. Although i checked the ladder for pve and there seems to only be 1-2 active pve guilds that even raid hc in Lordaeron. I guess looking at the almost 9 k player peaks i expected more. Also it's not that hard to gear up to a decent level in Lordaeron, decent enough as to where you can put up a fight atleast in bgs. I mean i see so many people in dalaran sewers, in Wintergrasp and generally in pvp gear aaaaaaand when a bg pops, there's next to none from Lordaeron... lame.

13. Don't listen to these people, they are just here to flame and troll.

Cross-realm was a terrible change made months ago besides 95% of the pvp community was, and is against it.

It totally killed Lordaeron, ruined forever Blackrock which was happy with his own 264/custom pvp patch meta, and ICC players now have to deal with an army of scripters and hackers from this new blackrock, where they can insta make a new character in case they get caught and banned.

Don't even bother to play on Lordaeron if you are even remotely interested in PvP and in an enjoyable and sane wow experience.
    Yeah seems so indeed. Haters/trolls gonna be haters/trolls. Thanks for a real reply mate.

14. @ Heliox

1.Eventually? As i said it can be done in less than a week. It's all about endgame.... that fresh 80 - 4k or whatever the milestone is will be passed very fast. To be honest i wasn't even really complaining about that. I was more like wondering why it exists.

What i would like is Lordaeron to have it's own bgs, instead of being crossrealmed. Then that whole bg bracket thing wouldn't even be needed and noone would be "getting rekt by smournes since fresh 80 ding" like you said.

2.Nah quite wrong, i still mainly get the lower bracket because as i said i just recently started playing here again. Also bully? I pvp for the fun of it, not to "bully some lowbies". (I'm a healer btw, so yeah how wrong can you get?) Like what is that weird mentality that people have who defend this weird system? I kill people that are better geared than me. Stop projecting please.

3.We already have bgs filled with afkers.

4.So what you're saying basically means that unless you're a smourne 7k bis donor in the higher bg bracket, you can go fuuuck yourself? Becasue in a realistic setting, most people in RETAIL wotlk back in the day did have anywhere from 5-6k gs in bgs, not legendaries and full wrath/hc raid gear with double hc trinks. You're basically saying that yeah.... enjoy your lower bracket and when you gear enough (which will happen quite fast), get into higher ones where you can enjoy being shredded by smournes anyway? Like this bracket solution is like putting a bandage over a cut off arm rofl. MY ORIGINAL QUESTION is WHY did they merge the realms to begin with AND if Lordaeron really didn't have enough pop with 9k peaks, to support bgs?

5.You mean YOU started to argue.
    Edited: January 26, 2020

15. This is only from prospective of new player. Lordearon have been existing for how long now, 4-5 years? There is plenty of players who are BIS geared on Lord, they simple dont wanna play PVP. Even before cross-realm PVP on lord was almost non existing. The reality always was that x1 exp rate realm with buffed PVE content is simple not attractive for PVP oriented players.
    Read this one again

123 ... Last