1. General Questions

I have a lvl 78 UD Shadow Priest, unguilded, NA. Once I hit 80, what path should I take to get experience and gear in order to eventually get into heroics and end game?

Just looking for a little guidance, I came from a Vanilla server and don’t have the knowledge of people who have played WoTLK previously

Thanks in advance
    Edited: January 25, 2020

2. 1st thing you do is enable "Show item level" in Interface options, so you see on each item which ilvl it has.
    Then you check AH for cheap 180+ ilvl pieces, maybe you can get few.
    Que Specific dungeons and tick ones that require lvl 77 and up, those drop 180ilvl, would be great if you have addon like Atlasloot, so you can see which ones you should que to get item you miss.
    You can farm/buy materials and craft or ask someone your trust to craft you some items
    You can go FoS, PoS and farm those, greeat gear drops, I suggest you create party and look for people
    Do quests with Kirin tor and Sons of Hodir factions, you can get few items from their quartermaster and you will need shoulder and head enchants these factions sell, even in endgame.
    Get into ICC REP FARM and get at least friendly, take very good Ring from vendor.

Whole point of this is to get to average item level 180+ so you can get into RDF HC and farm Emblem of Triumph.

Farm up those emblems and buy T9 set 4/5. If you are extremely effective, this will take 10-12 hours of active farming, but usually more.
    Don't fall for "this item for EoT has higher GS than set piece", usually newbies buy 245itemlevel helm+shoulders instead of set and in 99% cases its inferior choice with greater EoT cost.
    Don't exchange Emblem of Frost to Emblem of Triumph. You will need every single one of those, because there is a limit on how many you can get each week, but you can farm EoT infinitely.

Read guides about your Spec and read guides/watch videos about raid tactics. You wont just magically know what to do one day, you have to spend some time reading.

By now you should be around "5k GS"
    Do RDF HC once a day(To get 2 Emblem of Frost) if you don't have any items left to buy for EoT.
    Do Weekly "Must Die!" quest (EoF)
    Do VoA 10 and 25 each week.
    Try to get into ICC 10, since you read some tacitcs and guides about your class. Even 1 boss is good.
    Try to Get into or make RS miniboss run, 3 extra EoF will help, even if you don't kill last boss.

Join a "progression" guild and set aside one of few days each week for raiding. Choose a guild that fits time that you have free to raid. No one will expect you to be god at things, but they will expect you to learn from mistakes. Make friends and play. Keep raiding and in a few months you will farm endgame.

Common reasons I remove players from guild:
    Doen't have theoretical knowledge - did not read guides, doesnt understand even basics about his class and basics about raid bosses. I don't expect perfection, but I expect you to know how much Hit Rating you should have and general idea how boss fight will go.
    Makes same mistake over and over, even if explained multiple times.
    Makes a mistake and then tries to prove some crap how it wasnt his fault, gets annoying real fast
    Goes offline during raid without saying a word(reaction to criticism, ragequts, etc)
    Edited: January 25, 2020

3. Thank you very much for the detailed information. It is truly appreciated.

4. You can do icc10 alt runs for 6-7 bosses with 5000-5200 gs easily. But I doubt you gonna join RS anytime soon without a guild. It requires achievement and 6k gs minimum.

5. But I doubt you gonna join RS anytime soon without a guild. It requires achievement and 6k gs minimum.
    I hope "6k gs minimum" for ruby normal is just your opinion and not something commonly adopted. Big yikes

6. Watching orbs is very hard and you need GS for that.

On point tough, with some 4.8 ~ "gs" you can easily kill minibosses, I'm sure you can find people who want 3 extra EoF even if they don't kill Halion.

7. I hope "6k gs minimum" for ruby normal is just your opinion and not something commonly adopted. Big yikes
    No it's not my opinion, go to any faction ,horde/alliance, doesn't matter. Every general/trade chat, hence even global will say: ''Ruby sanctum 25n need all 6.3kgs + link me [hallion heroic 25] achievement or no invite.

Simple.

8. Watching orbs is very hard and you need GS for that.

On point tough, with some 4.8 ~ "gs" you can easily kill minibosses, I'm sure you can find people who want 3 extra EoF even if they don't kill Halion.
    Yeah I pretty much heard some interesting things like:

- Hor heroic need all 5.5gs!!!
    - Icc10 alt run need all 5.8gs + achievement
    - icc 25n , need 6.3gs all! link me best achievement.
    - toc25n need 5800 all + achievement
    - ulduar 6300gs minimum guild run
    - Fos/pos heroic need all 4800gs+ (While I did this **** with 3400gs tank and what so...)

9. haha yea

It the oldest mechanism at work, those who can read and comprehend have found guilds and people and are on their way to their objective, be it farming LOD or anything else.

Those who can't - suffer in pug scene, making raids with crazy requirements, because they just can't comprehend what actually downs bosses.

It is like this, pugpro nukes boss till he pulls aggro, wipes raid and then tells skilled bis player how "donaturnoob" he is because he does only 6k dps.

10. Yeah, the GS requirements on pug scene are horrible.

I'm playing on alt DK atm, gs is 5050. I have all my items 232 or higher (3 are 251+), exception of 1 item being 219. Next step would clearly be 245 gear. 245 gear comes from ToC 10Hc, and ToC 25.

Too bad ToC 25 requires 5.4 usually.
    ToC10HC around 5.6, if you're lucky.

So slightly put there's a bit of a problematic cap between 5K and 5.5K, which is usually requirement for decent/good raids.
    Edited: January 30, 2020

11. haha yea

It the oldest mechanism at work, those who can read and comprehend have found guilds and people and are on their way to their objective, be it farming LOD or anything else.

Those who can't - suffer in pug scene, making raids with crazy requirements, because they just can't comprehend what actually downs bosses.

It is like this, pugpro nukes boss till he pulls aggro, wipes raid and then tells skilled bis player how "donaturnoob" he is because he does only 6k dps.
    I did run pug icc10 with 6kgs + people and we were ''trying'' to do Marrowgar on heroic. It never worked on pugs, 6 times I made raid with different people with all high geared pieces,etc. What happens?

- Nobody focuses spikes except 2-3 people
    - People forget that Marrow does bone spike even when he is in bladestorm, thus leading to wipe.
    - Healers still stand in fire and die or mage whatever.

So I'm wondering, if people have lod/bane achievement and that good gear, how yet they still fail marrow 10 heroic? I even had gunship wipes countless times. Idk pugs are pure cancer even when you make some... Either people bought characters or idk what happened there.

Edit: Also I did icc10 alt runs with 5200gs and surprisengly, 2 times we did 7/12 bosses with 5200+- gs... I'm amazed that people with such lower gear are smarter than those greater ones. No wipes > even as 9 random people (shaman healer left only druid healed) we killed professor without a single wipe.
    Edited: January 29, 2020

12. Edit: Also I did icc10 alt runs with 5200gs and surprisengly, 2 times we did 7/12 bosses with 5200+- gs... I'm amazed that people with such lower gear are smarter than those greater ones. No wipes > even as 9 random people (shaman healer left only druid healed) we killed professor without a single wipe.
    In my experience the people with progression still left to do have more of a reason to pay attention.