1. Skill cap of players currently vs past.

Hello everyone especially to the old AT players who still play here today.
    If you're a very old AT player (~2013) you would remember a warlock named "Rollarz" who was 350-8 in 2v2 and played with a resto shaman (forgot name). Rank 1 in 2v2 for almost a year straight on AT.

My questions is:
    There are so many warrior/hpala teams topping 2v2 as you can see in the ladder for last year or 2 now.
    Is this due to other skilled players of other class's not playing 2v2 or is it b/c war/hpala is meta and it wasn't back in the day when people weren't as experienced with that comp?

It's just weird not ever seeing other rank 1 capable comps as rank 1 for last 2 years.
    It just makes it feel like the top players of those comps or class's either don't play anymore or those comps have officially been figured out by war/hpala and get beat every time even with the best players of those class's.

If some experienced gladiators can shine some light into this question/thought it would be great to hear from you guys!

Thanks!

2. Hello everyone especially to the old AT players who still play here today.
    If you're a very old AT player (~2013) you would remember a warlock named "Rollarz" who was 350-8 in 2v2 and played with a resto shaman (forgot name). Rank 1 in 2v2 for almost a year straight on AT.

My questions is:
    There are so many warrior/hpala teams topping 2v2 as you can see in the ladder for last year or 2 now.
    Is this due to other skilled players of other class's not playing 2v2 or is it b/c war/hpala is meta and it wasn't back in the day when people weren't as experienced with that comp?

It's just weird not ever seeing other rank 1 capable comps as rank 1 for last 2 years.
    It just makes it feel like the top players of those comps or class's either don't play anymore or those comps have officially been figured out by war/hpala and get beat every time even with the best players of those class's.

If some experienced gladiators can shine some light into this question/thought it would be great to hear from you guys!

Thanks!
    Old AT was 264 meta as far as I know. Wich is basicly a whole other game with more viable team compositions compared to 284. I'll cherish those good old warlock / resto sham/druid days forever :)

3. Its cuz the SHM and those trinkets are extremly good for warriors. Without them the mate would be more mixed. You almost cant hit top 50 with Disc/sub, Destru/Ele, any restodruid comp sadly, cuz Hpall/warr will own you :(

4. Hello everyone especially to the old AT players who still play here today.

My questions is:

Thanks!
    It's because back then we had the 264 restriction so the warrior/hpal wasn't the supreme ruler of the meta-game. Ele/lock was possibly the best in 2vs2 but LSP was without a doubt the dominating setup in 3vs3. And I think you're talking about Eric, and last time I saw him was on another private server, lost track of many old players since the majority quit long time ago, when the 3.3.5b got implemented and they raised the ilvl to 284 again.

5. Wow I see. So are they any 2v2 284ilvl comps that are 50/50 with war/hpala now or just simply no?
    Rollarz is Eric? What private server does he/she play on now?

Thanks.

6. That comp had reached a point where there was a known win strat for every popular comp, making even hard counters just soft counters. Against everything else you're Warr/Pal and can just yolo while being unpeelable with immunities + damage.

Add that into hc meta and GG. All you see is FoTM, because anything that isn't plate with sacred shield and LoH every holy shock crit, dies on the second bladestorm.

It just happens to be one of the easiest most braindead comps, which is quite a shame.

I'd also add that it doesn't really matter what you play. They had a 3's tourn not long ago where they allowed Smourne and hc gear. The fights lasted about 1-2 minutes in 3's.
    Edited: January 26, 2020

7. Wow I see. So are they any 2v2 284ilvl comps that are 50/50 with war/hpala now or just simply no?
    Rollarz is Eric? What private server does he/she play on now?

Thanks.
    >First part: What Cowbroken said basically.
    >Second part: No, Eric is the shaman but he had many alts so it's pointless to mention them. We used to play on the same server but it closed a while ago, I'm certain that he either plays here or quit.

8. That comp had reached a point where there was a known win strat for every popular comp, making even hard counters just soft counters. Against everything else you're Warr/Pal and can just yolo while being unpeelable with immunities + damage.

Add that into hc meta and GG. All you see is FoTM, because anything that isn't plate with sacred shield and LoH every holy shock crit, dies on the second bladestorm.

It just happens to be one of the easiest most braindead comps, which is quite a shame.

I'd also add that it doesn't really matter what you play. They had a 3's tourn not long ago where they allowed Smourne and hc gear. The fights lasted about 1-2 minutes in 3's.
    The most recent Warmane tourney also was with shadowmourne I believe and ret/hunt/priest won. They had to face 3 warriors teams on their way to the final and won all of them.

9. The most recent Warmane tourney also was with shadowmourne I believe and ret/hunt/priest won. They had to face 3 warriors teams on their way to the final and won all of them.
    Yes. It seems like warr, hunter and ret are the three classes that scale the best with highend PvE off-pieces.

10. The most recent Warmane tourney also was with shadowmourne I believe and ret/hunt/priest won. They had to face 3 warriors teams on their way to the final and won all of them.
    Sorry, that point I made wasn't to say Warr wins all 3's too, it was more about the gear in 3's in general making it boring and no skill.

HC gear = braindead gameplay

11. Sorry, that point I made wasn't to say Warr wins all 3's too, it was more about the gear in 3's in general making it boring and no skill.

HC gear = braindead gameplay
    Makes sense.
    ------------------------------------

I've met a couple AT gladiators who told me there was a year where there was 1 fire mage who hit rank 1.
    I tried out fire pvp in arenas and I notice one big thing which is mana loss in literally 20-30 seconds of playing the game, not even.

How did the rank 1 fire mage equip gear for this big issue?
    Anyone have a optimal fire mage arena pvp equipment screenshot or something?

Thanks!

12. Makes sense.
    ------------------------------------

I've met a couple AT gladiators who told me there was a year where there was 1 fire mage who hit rank 1.
    I tried out fire pvp in arenas and I notice one big thing which is mana loss in literally 20-30 seconds of playing the game, not even.

How did the rank 1 fire mage equip gear for this big issue?
    Anyone have a optimal fire mage arena pvp equipment screenshot or something?

Thanks!
    You have to run Spirit Talents and items that have Spirit/Crit.

This was the Talents Buddhist showed on his stream a while back. Not sure whether this is still good because I haven't played in ages. AsuriTV is his Twitch, if you want to ask about build.

https://imgur.com/MORy5g5

13. I remember back in the day 2012 played 2.4k disc/feral and 2k 3v3 disc feral hunter. Mainly saw disc/rogues mages/spriests.
    2v2 with hpal/warr was an easy counter. Started playing last august once again, nowadays its 50/50 win chance feral/disc vs hpal /warr. Basically if you get -75% its over :D

14. Hello everyone especially to the old AT players who still play here today.

My questions is:

Thanks!
    Wijag was on shaman.

LS rly good on 264 and a meme on 284

15. Hello everyone especially to the old AT players who still play here today.

My questions is:

Thanks!
    Like many others have stated: Shadowmourne and trinkets. Let's say you're a resto shaman - it does not matter how good you are. If a warrior gets procs and bladestorms you, you simply die. I mean you can try to cast while he's storming with the risk of him cancelling and pummeling you, in which case - youre still dead - or you can try to fake that interrupt - in which case youre still dead, because theres simply not enough time for faking.
    Resto shamans are just overall a disaster this meta. I think the only comp that can give 284 warpal some competition on high level is 284 ret/mm.

Another thing is, people desire to play with shadowmourne and see big numbers, so warriors in particular are just overrepresented.

123 Last