1. Icecrown progression

Hello everyone.

I've been playing on Icecrown from nearly 3 years now, and i can say that I've enjoyed it quite alot due to WOTLK being an amazing expansion and the warmane team keeping up to date everything :)

The past months though I myself have been feeling that there is no further progression for me , after getting almost every class to BiS and ICC HC + RS HC being on farm from a long time. And the whole ICC + RS on farm is not just applied for me, I see that more and more guilds are doing that regularly without any issues.

I am feeling quite stale in this expantion currently , as i've progressed on everything there is on this realm, and i feel like alot of people are on this current state as well.

My question to all of you is basically this - Are you feeling the same staleness , after playing multiple years here , and that there is no further way to actually "progress" on Icecrown?

Now I know that Warmane staff has said multiple times that Icecrown will forever stay a WOTLK realm, and I compleatly agree on this - the fact that it still holds it population after all this years, and that alot of new people actually are joining it every day just confirms that the realm is still viable in every way.

There are other ways , which can actually make the people from Icecrown progres, but lets first hear you all out :)

Thanks for your time reading this :)

2. I have high hopes that they will eventualy relaunch Cataclysm realm. They had it in a decent state PvE wise.
    Im sure there are people interested in it.

3. I have high hopes that they will eventualy relaunch Cataclysm realm. They had it in a decent state PvE wise.
    Im sure there are people interested in it.
    Agreed. It's time to relaunch a Cataclysm server.

4. Agreed. It's time to relaunch a Cataclysm server.
    And then in about a year or two? Next one? That takes money to pay for maintenance, development and staff. Sort of how Blizzard is charging.

If you've finished everything, well then there's no progression, of course. You can do PVP, achievements or try twinking.

5. Relaunch a expansion that had a average pop of 50-100?

6. My question to all of you is basically this - Are you feeling the same staleness , after playing multiple years here , and that there is no further way to actually "progress" on Icecrown?
    No, I do not. MMORPG like WoW is much more than just PvE, and also much more than just a path to a BiS gear (what do you think people do who literally pay real money for the BiS gear or BiS chars?).

First of all, even with BiS gear you can strive for perfection in every highend encounter and compete with your fellow BiS guildies for dps or healing done or whatever. It's not about the sole fact whether you kill a boss or not anymore, it's about how efficiently can you do it. I'd just wish warmane would take it to another level, though, because PvE ladder is heavily underutilized at the moment. Monthly (or whatever the period) ladder resets and some (even mini) rewards for top guilds would really give it a fun spin. There was a suggestion about it like a year ago IIRC, don't remember how that ended. :/

Secondly, you can try PvP, which is a whole another world. I doubt you had much time for it in three years while busy gearing every single class to BiS in PvE.

Thirdly, you can try achievement hunting - there are way more working achievements than you can handle in a few years.

Though that's just me, I guess, I don't personally need anything fundamentally new regularly and I don't focus on only one narrow area (PvE, in your case). If you care only about PvE and want something refreshing, there's nothing I can stay that'd end your staleness I guess.

7. Relaunch a expansion that had a average pop of 50-100?
    Neltharion at the end of it's lifecycle didnt have much players, i agree, but during 2016 and 2017 it was quite lively as i remember. Still though i dont want to stir up a fight on this topic , as it's quite a delicate one for alot of players. But there are ways to boost a cata realm , as in free (with points) transfers from the WOTLK realms which can activize people to continue their progression.

No, I do not. MMORPG like WoW is much more than just PvE, and also much more than just a path to a BiS gear (what do you think people do who literally pay real money for the BiS gear or BiS chars?).

First of all, even with BiS gear you can strive for perfection in every highend encounter and compete with your fellow BiS guildies for dps or healing done or whatever. It's not about the sole fact whether you kill a boss or not anymore, it's about how efficiently can you do it. I'd just wish warmane would take it to another level, though, because PvE ladder is heavily underutilized at the moment. Monthly (or whatever the period) ladder resets and some (even mini) rewards for top guilds would really give it a fun spin. There was a suggestion about it like a year ago IIRC, don't remember how that ended. :/

Secondly, you can try PvP, which is a whole another world. I doubt you had much time for it in three years while busy gearing every single class to BiS in PvE.

Thirdly, you can try achievement hunting - there are way more working achievements than you can handle in a few years.

Though that's just me, I guess, I don't personally need anything fundamentally new regularly and I don't focus on only one narrow area (PvE, in your case). If you care only about PvE and want something refreshing, there's nothing I can stay that'd end your staleness I guess.

On PVP - i've done quite alot of pvp for this timespan , but i just don't enjoy it as much. I queue to occasional BG and have some fun , but the whole pvp scene doesnt draw me as much.
    As for achievements - I've farmed quite a few achievements, but i really don't get that much satisfaction from them , as in the end they aren't really a way to progress further into the game..

Also please don't divert from the topic, I am not looking for ways to spice up my WOTLK experience. The main topic is still if you are feeling that the WOTLK enviroment is stale, as in there are no further ways to progress after achieveing everything there is PVE/PVP wise.

8. Also please don't divert from the topic, I am not looking for ways to spice up my WOTLK experience. The main topic is still if you are feeling that the WOTLK enviroment is stale, as in there are no further ways to progress after achieveing everything there is PVE/PVP wise.
    So you are looking for one-worded Yes or No answers?

Ways to spice up wotlk experience were my reasons why the wotlk environment is NOT stale - there is still plenty to do, even if you have killed the hardest bosses and have the best gear available.

PvE / PvP ladders ARE further ways to progress.

Simply killing the hardest bosses and getting best gear is not "everything there is in PvE". That was my whole point. Though I guess that depends on each person and what goals they choose to set for themselves. If your main goal is to simply put checkmarks on "this boss has been killed" and "I have the best gear available" - that's fine, I just showed you how it can be NOT stale for someone else.

I couldn't even be more ON topic. Somehow you gave me the impression you are already convinced that wotlk is stale, took it as a fact and simply want everyone here to agree with you. :l

9. Relaunch a expansion that had a average pop of 50-100?
    It was most populated expansion prior to moltdown.

10. Change the game. I doubt you achieved much PvP wise, try PvP. PvE is a ****hole if you play to do RS/ICC HC as it is a complete joke nowadays, a bigger joke than when SR didn't even work. Achiev. farming is a waste of time, in General the game is a waste of time. I haven't done any PvE in over a year and as of now I don't miss it one bit, I know people that have been doing PvE for 5+ years here and still raid every single day or people that never log out and can't live without this game, but thats some next level autism. If you're bored of the game - change it.

11. There was an idea to allow migrate at certain conditions TBC > WOTLK > CATA > MOP.
    Amazing idea, but I guess it died with those realms.

12. Have you thought of joining lordaeron yet?

13. Icecrown PvE has always been bland. I still remember the days when "top" guilds as well as pugs would use exploits to easily/quickly down bosses on a regular basis. Though most exploits are gone, its always left a bad taste for me that so many were so complicit to do something soooo easily boring just for loot. Pugs were always bad but became much worse after people started factory spamming them for BoE reservations. If i were to ever actually pick it up again it'd probably be on lordaeron
    Edited: January 28, 2020