1. PVP in Ice Crown

A buddy and I are new to warmane and are interested in pvp. Is ice crown a satisfactory pvp realm with the occasional pve on the side, or is BlackRock preferable with a pvp focus? One consideration is that he's a hunter main and I'm thinking of going disc priest or holy paladin as a partner. Will we rue not going what is leading the boards (warrior/paladin)? Or is arena more varied than the leader boards reflect.

We would also be interested in 3's if 3's are alive despite some if the forum complaints about it being dead.

2. Blackrock has absolutely no PvE so if you're remotely interested in that you should jump on Icecrown. Arena isn't that much more varied because awar/hpal is the meta. Couldn't answer you about the 3v3 issue.

3. 3v3 is kinda dead and not dead depending on the time and day you decide to que, most of the time there are no ques, but on 3v3 hour on Sunday there are plenty of ques. 2v2 is warpal flooded, but you need to know that 9 out of 10 of those warpals are the same players on different alt characters. But generally speaking, if you are good you can get in top50 as pretty much any comp, if you wanna do occasional PvE then obviously Icecrown is your realm, if you wanna jump straight into arenas go Blackrock, since its i80 and free starter gear which would allow you to start playing in 30mins to an hour setting up your character, while you have to level and gear on Icevrown which takes time.

4. I like how my friend tells me how Unholy dk + hpala are god of arenas but I've seen no sign of them in 2v2 ranking list... Also he was saying how climbing to 1800+ rating is way easy yet he never did it :/

He doesn't believe arms/hpala can beat unholy/hpala but 2v2 list shows everything...

5. I suggest playing Ret Pally. They go very well with a burst comp alongside a hunter. You just CC one target to death then blast the other. Pretty solid comp with quick matches and you both can still do pretty well in PvE gear if you get your CC timing down. Looking at ladder, theres about 5 or so of these teams. Hunter in general I feel is an overlooked class thats pretty broken and underrated.
    Edited: January 31, 2020

6. I like how my friend tells me how Unholy dk + hpala are god of arenas but I've seen no sign of them in 2v2 ranking list... Also he was saying how climbing to 1800+ rating is way easy yet he never did it :/

He doesn't believe arms/hpala can beat unholy/hpala but 2v2 list shows everything...
    DK is very weak against war+hpala, all your CC is dispelled by the pally and all your anti-magic abilities don't help. Not to mention your gargoyle can be feared.

7. DK is very weak against war+hpala, all your CC is dispelled by the pally and all your anti-magic abilities don't help. Not to mention your gargoyle can be feared.
    Thank you fellow citizen for some understanding.