1. Revert a change on Nevermelting Icecrystal from the recent patch

Nevermelting Icecrystal, Pit of sauron, Drops from scourgelord tyrannus.

Literally the only item in the game for 3.3.5a that has an active effect that lasts after use and swap.

This was the blizzlike effect and was the original way the item worked. This is also how this item worked for the last 2 years or so and was extremely useful for min/maxing dps for all classes

Current state: The trinket's active effect no longer remains after you unequip the trinket.

Either warmane staff made a mistake and this is bugged
    or
    morelikely this active effect is seen as an abusable bug from the warmane staff and they "fixed it" which means they actually broke it based on it's original use.

2. I did a fair deal of research just about now and nothing seems to indicate that this was an intended Blizzlike effect nor that it ever happened on the official retail servers. Even if it was, retail shook out of it within the next expansion and a half, albeit, warmane's expansions don't change so a fair deal of balancing differentiating from the retail ones are necessary for the sake of balancing & a trinket whose effect persists after it is unequipped feels unbalanced for numerous PvE & PvP reasons and is ultimately & most definitely unintended. Even if it was live on retail.

3. Other trinkets still have this behaviour, tho. But yeah, it makes sense that a buff coming from a trinket disappears as soon as the source is removed. If it was Blizzlike otherwise, please provide some evidence as I can't find it neither.

4. Other trinkets still have this behaviour, tho. But yeah, it makes sense that a buff coming from a trinket disappears as soon as the source is removed. If it was Blizzlike otherwise, please provide some evidence as I can't find it neither.
    Expect other trinkets to also be fixed soon after this one, as it should be.

5. It's the same with Mage T9. It worked on Retail - no it's not intended and Warmane doesnt claim to be "blizzlike" anywhere.
    Hell having a realm with buffed content isnt blizzlike either.

On a sidenote: For which toon was that item useful to "minmax dps"? Swapping trinkets enforces a 30 second internal CD on the one you swapped onto, except if it's some stacking one like Herkuml or Muradins Spyglass. So gl "minmaxing" your dps with that item once you're not using a mediocre eof or 10 man trinket anymore.

6. It was used for pre-pull. Cast it, swap it back and cast Corruption/Pain. The crit rating with all stacks (+20% crit) will be kept throughout all the fight.

7. It was used for pre-pull. Cast it, swap it back and cast Corruption/Pain. The crit rating with all stacks (+20% crit) will be kept throughout all the fight.
    I do know how it works, but it's usually resulting in a dps-loss for said player and not an actual gain.

Spriest trades at least 15 seconds later Proc on one of his trinkets and 10% Shadowdmg on SW:P for 20% crit with SW:P. Still worth doing so?
    Affli still trades a later proc on Trinket for 20% Corruptioncrit - this was the only case where it's actually worth doing, unless you're going to drop corruption.

All I wanted to point out is OP's statement "extremely useful for min/maxing dps for all classes" is flat out wrong, since literally only a single spec on a single class could "abuse" this properly.
    Everyone else either lost dps or gained like two or three extra crits at the start of a fight while using mediocre trinkets anyway.
    Huge deal....not.

8. It's the same with Mage T9. It worked on Retail - no it's not intended and Warmane doesnt claim to be "blizzlike" anywhere.
    Hell having a realm with buffed content isnt blizzlike either.

On a sidenote: For which toon was that item useful to "minmax dps"? Swapping trinkets enforces a 30 second internal CD on the one you swapped onto, except if it's some stacking one like Herkuml or Muradins Spyglass. So gl "minmaxing" your dps with that item once you're not using a mediocre eof or 10 man trinket anymore.
    Fury warrior with shadowmourne uses it with a haste potion before pullings, swaps out to heroic STS and DBW, goes ham bursting for near 25k and it overall buffs his total damage by a lot maybe 1k or more.

9. I do know how it works, but it's usually resulting in a dps-loss for said player and not an actual gain.

Spriest trades at least 15 seconds later Proc on one of his trinkets and 10% Shadowdmg on SW:P for 20% crit with SW:P. Still worth doing so?
    Affli still trades a later proc on Trinket for 20% Corruptioncrit - this was the only case where it's actually worth doing, unless you're going to drop corruption.

All I wanted to point out is OP's statement "extremely useful for min/maxing dps for all classes" is flat out wrong, since literally only a single spec on a single class could "abuse" this properly.
    Everyone else either lost dps or gained like two or three extra crits at the start of a fight while using mediocre trinkets anyway.
    Huge deal....not.
    Yeah, you definitely have no clue what you're talking about. This trinket DOES NOT lose crit value if you don't crit with a spell, making it insane on melee classes such as DKs (loses 1 stack of crit cause of icy touch) and fury warrior (loses none of the crit, damn near 100% crit at the start of the fight and during your burst phase resulting in massive damage gains)

Yes this is how it is on the 3.3.5 live patch

Yes it was abusable, but that's how blizzard left it during this patch

Yes they patched it in later patches but warmane changing it during this patch is not blizzlike and harms the experience of min/maxers on lordaeron.

Also side question: Where did you hear that your trinkets don't proc by switching them out? Swapping trinkets has no effect on proc chance or icd of trinkets from my general knowledge.

10. Fury warrior with shadowmourne uses it with a haste potion before pullings, swaps out to heroic STS and DBW, goes ham bursting for near 25k and it overall buffs his total damage by a lot maybe 1k or more.
    Yes, because 19 seconds with some crit is worth delaying your sts or dbw proc by 29 seconds.
    Hint: It's not.

Yeah, you definitely have no clue what you're talking about. ... Also side question: Where did you hear that your trinkets don't proc by switching them out? Swapping trinkets has no effect on proc chance or icd of trinkets from my general knowledge.
    Go ingame. Swap to any trinket with an icd, preferable huge effect or visual so you dont miss it. Hit something for 30+ seconds and watch your trinkets proc exactly after 30 seconds. Try the same without swapping earlier. Be amazed you're, yet again, proven wrong. Try to accept your knowledge is flawed, even basics, and your whole "min max strategie" is pure nonsense.

I wonder if we play the same game, considering stuff does seem to work so much different for you on a regular basis, compared to anybody else.
    Edited: February 2, 2020