1. Forming a fresh guild (Questions)

Hello there people of Warmane,

I'd like to ask if any of you have or at least just had some knowledge regarding being a guild master of a good pve guild, forming a good pve guild with some fine people to raid with? My questions are the following: How do you manage to do this, of course by inviting, spamming. But, how long actually does it require from me to gather and make a good pve guild here? The reason why I'm making this thread, I'd be a good question overall, but I'd like to say that myself while playing some rdf or icc a bit, not that much, I find people to be so damn toxic towards others here, healers and tanks don't even queue anymore, you could wait legitimately a lot in queue, which makes it a clear picture now why healers and tanks don't queue anymore, 'cause they get insulted a lot.

I can understand some people have some fears or anxiety here, besides people being antisocial here, like a lot and a good part of this community have this fear of a failure as I've noticed throughout my time being here on Icecrown. I don't have much of a problem of a failure, because even if you're going to make a good guild, anyone can do that, but obviously you gotta start from the scratch. I'd like to form my own pve guild because of all this, I am somehow bored seeing people not whispering you, ignoring you, so many autists here and so many weird, odd and so many spammers around with irrelevant 'trash-talk stories', 'barking dogs who don't bite'. So, this is why I wanna make my own guild now.

I can make a great pve guild on warmane because I have past experiences as a tbc raid leader for many years. I don't know nothing about wotlk. So, how do I form it to be a great, tough one. How many officers, website (which builder, discord group as well required, (would be nice to have a dc group). So, how do you start from zero. Thank you.

2. You don't need to get everything right away. Start from things you do in-game. Get yourself experienced team of players as you're new to WotLK yourself. Make them your council. Recruit people (the raiders) to your guild, avoid spamming recruitment message too much. Offer your guildies warm social environment with intention of progressing into raiding. If there are people constantly causing bad drama, remove them. If you get to stable raiding schedule, maybe then get discord server. Guild message of the day and being online spending time with your guildies is more important than having them read discord messages.

Have a plan.
    Do you want to focus 1st on 10 man raiding, or go directly to 25 man raiding.
    Do you want to take time to familiarize tactics and earn experience, or do you want to push to heroic raiding asap.
    Do you want to be one of those 10 LoD's and 10 RS25HC's a week, or do you want to raid few days/nights per week.

3. Thanks on your reply, sir. I'll firstly have to learn tactics which I shall start by this morning, I'll check out youtube for this, not a problem at all, then will play couple of times 10 men nm mode later on heroics, then 25nm and later on 25hc. I'll see to go through as many icc raids, then I'll start with RS, some Naxx and many more. I'll see later on to add some well-experienced officers to help me out with this stuff and will make a proper schedule and later on a discord group when we're done with some testing raids.

I got bored of all this, people on this server are legit weird a lot, so will see to make the guild on my own, have my own rules, etc.

4. Its pretty difficult to maintain a progression guild. You'll lose people to other guilds and several people will quit or be inconsistent in activity. If you really want to grow you need to be pretty active and hammer out ToCs and ICC10ns to gear people up. And the only real way you'll pick people up is by pugging and inviting them to raid again. A lot of progression guilds tend to get stuck on PP and BQL in ICC25n because they lack a consistent 20 player base+. And what good players you have may leave to another guild due to the lack of progress in 25m raids.

5. Hello, I have played here for 11 years, I have been GM, Officer, Class leader, Raid leader in several top guilds so I might have some tips for you.

First, it takes a long time to get a solid good raid team, Trying out people and inspecting them during a 25man raid requires a lot, we're speaking month's, if you get some help with this it's much faster, preferebly someone with a lot of skill on how classes should be played.
    2nd, Have some sort of application form or intervju in game to get to know who you're letting in to the guild.
    3rd, Most guilds that have been "successful" (they all die in the end anyway) have had around 3-4 officers helping the GM, Officers also have different jobs within the guild, 1 officer might focus on raid leading so Guild master can focus on other things, Another officer might be in charge on inspecting people in raids etc.
    4th, Have patience, Rome wasen't built in a day.

Maintaining a guild is something easily forgotten, even though you have 25 people online for a raid, you want more then that, if you have 40 people online and many missing out they will eventually leave if not getting invited but rather that, then having to pug cause your raid didn't fill with guildies.
    You want around 30-35 people online at raid times, because there's allways some people who can't show up for every single raid you make and that way you have replacements if guildies decide to leave the guild or the raid, and or people getting kicked or replaced in raids.

Some guilds forms faster then others, it all depends on what you start with, Several of my old guilds have been formed and downling Lich king 25 heroic within a week, but they already started with a solid core raid team that followed them, even a few solid raiders can "carry" a whole lot, Finding them from scratch is what takes time and effort.

6. We can create a fresh guild if you want :). I've been officer and a class leader on a top tier raiding guild before from vanilla to cata. After a year long break i've decided to play wotlk warmane again. Is it horde side or ally side btw ?