1. Current state of paladins in PvP

You might find this post as being your average rant post that you usually find around the forums but I would really appreciate if somebody with more PvP experience than me can clarify a few things.

What's the point of playing Sheath of light+Reckoning paladin? Especially under 2.2k rating. What does this spec bring that a normal ret or a prot wouldn't? These past few days have been a pain for me in soloq, it's a constant struggle of sniping which hybrid paladin is afk and which one is actively playing on the 2 avoid slots I have. I'm not saying that there aren't people playing it well, it wouldn't be so trendy if there wasn't that 1 guy doing really well with it, but 99% of the paladins playing this spec are complete and utter garbage.

I've had 50+ games in the past 2 days where these hybrid clowns pulled 40-50k damage in a 5 minute arena compared to 200k+ from their partners or people from the opposing team. The last game I played before posting this was with one of these paladins who managed to do 39k damage in an arena where I used pain suppression twice. The enemy affly had 162k and rotated his cc's perfectly.

So the question is: why? Why do people play this spec? Why wouldn't you play a normal ret or a prot and put decent pressure on the opposing team while still doing EXACTLY the same utility? You can dispel/sac/hop as a normal ret as well, but you're gonna do three times the amount of damage. If you love your shield that much, why don't you play prot? You have insane burst potential + one extra silence. Anything is better than running around like a headless chicken and flaming your partner for not pulling enough damage to cover for both of you.
    And it's a real pain in the *** if you're playing a disc/rdruid/rsham. These guys get queued into you more than usual since they can't get queued up with holy paladins. So if you're playing a healer expect to see these dudes more often than you would if you were playing a random dps. If you're 3 healers in a specific soloq bracket and 2 of them are holy paladins you're gonna get the black sheep 100% of the time on your team.

And before anybody says that they "heal more", in the 100+ games I've played with these types of paladins none of them managed to outheal a warriors Blood Craze. Enha's doubled their healing every single time. And I'm talking about games that were close to 2k or even above 2k rating.

2. Usually people complain how broken and OP paladins are, its nice to see someone complaining they underperform for once :D

3. They probably don't know how to play because the dmg should be almost as high as from a normal ret.

4. They probably don't know how to play because the dmg should be almost as high as from a normal ret.
    No, dmg won't be like from normal ret, will be lower, but self healing and overall healing should be a lot higher.
    Played a little with hybrid, sometimes I could do nearly high healing as normal healer while doing nice damage, ofcourse lower than regular shadowmourne warrior/dk/ret. With this build you never run out of mana, got always free CD for support spells, while on pure ret sometimes it's hard to manage between dps & support.

Anyway it's boring playstyle.

And before anybody says that they "heal more", in the 100+ games I've played with these types of paladins none of them managed to outheal a warriors Blood Craze. Enha's doubled their healing every single time. And I'm talking about games that were close to 2k or even above 2k rating.
    Then they did something wrong, with hybrid u can do huge amount of healing, sometimes as high as holy pala ;D
    Especially if u meet those half pve smourne warriors, and u get AoW every 2 seconds.
    Edited: February 3, 2020

5. No, dmg won't be like from normal ret,
    I didn't say it's the same. I said it's almost the same.

Reckoning paly hits like a truck. Just check the match history of high rated reckoning palys.
    Rank 2 in soloq for expl: http://armory.warmane.com/character/.../match-history
    He is in almost every soloq match the first place in dmg done.
    In 2s it's a common thing that reckoning paly out dmg even Awarr.

with hybrid u can do huge amount of healing, sometimes as high as holy pala ;D
    Not rly. For a hybrid they heal pretty good but it's not comparable to the healing of a pure healer.
    I guess that's also the biggest mistake that inexperienced reckoning palys are doing. They believe they are more a healer than a damage dealer and then they do stuff like hard casting flash heal and they end up beeing useless for their team mates.

6. There has always been a huge pally population. 99% of them are awful.

7. Sheath of Light is bugged anyways... it stacks in to the oblivion, guess that is why people try to abuse it while they can.

8. Sheath of Light is bugged anyways... it stacks in to the oblivion, guess that is why people try to abuse it while they can.
    It does not stack to oblivion. Everything works as intended. Look it up here: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/67756

9. You might find this post as being your average rant post that you usually find around the forums but I would really appreciate if somebody with more PvP experience than me can clarify a few things.

What's the point of playing Sheath of light+Reckoning paladin? Especially under 2.2k rating. What does this spec bring that a normal ret or a prot wouldn't? These past few days have been a pain for me in soloq, it's a constant struggle of sniping which hybrid paladin is afk and which one is actively playing on the 2 avoid slots I have. I'm not saying that there aren't people playing it well, it wouldn't be so trendy if there wasn't that 1 guy doing really well with it, but 99% of the paladins playing this spec are complete and utter garbage.

I've had 50+ games in the past 2 days where these hybrid clowns pulled 40-50k damage in a 5 minute arena compared to 200k+ from their partners or people from the opposing team. The last game I played before posting this was with one of these paladins who managed to do 39k damage in an arena where I used pain suppression twice. The enemy affly had 162k and rotated his cc's perfectly.

So the question is: why? Why do people play this spec? Why wouldn't you play a normal ret or a prot and put decent pressure on the opposing team while still doing EXACTLY the same utility? You can dispel/sac/hop as a normal ret as well, but you're gonna do three times the amount of damage. If you love your shield that much, why don't you play prot? You have insane burst potential + one extra silence. Anything is better than running around like a headless chicken and flaming your partner for not pulling enough damage to cover for both of you.
    And it's a real pain in the *** if you're playing a disc/rdruid/rsham. These guys get queued into you more than usual since they can't get queued up with holy paladins. So if you're playing a healer expect to see these dudes more often than you would if you were playing a random dps. If you're 3 healers in a specific soloq bracket and 2 of them are holy paladins you're gonna get the black sheep 100% of the time on your team.

Preg spec or as you called it sheath of light, reckoning paladin spec is basically an anti melee/support spec, yes rets are already anti melee but this spec takes it to another level but your chances to beat a caster is lowered (not like we had any as normal ret spec),while playing this spec you'll noticed that you never run out of mana unlike the normal spec ret and while fighting another melee class such as ret (normal spec) or feral, warrior…etc you'll hit them like a truck the damage that this spec can pull is insane, I'm not sure if there is anyone playing it in this season but off the top of my head I can think of Preg and Scorp who play this spec and done quite well with it.