1. Lordaeron PVE

Hello,

I am coming back to Wotlk after a long time of playing other xpacks. I wanted to do something challenging so I tried the solo Q pvp - let me tell you, it sucks... Queueing healer with mage feral/mage hunter vs Warrior DK with SM is disaster. Also queueing at 1700 rating with people that are 500... I think that there are few simple ways to fix part of this but hey, who am I to judge, people seem to like it due to the fast queues.

Anyway, enough about pvp. So I decided, ok I also like PVE but I want it to be challenger. In Icecrown, you go to raids with people that are like BiS and it is not fun... bosses are getting face-rolled (I got 3 chars there). So why even play PvE there - maybe if you are a casual?

This is where my questions starts:

So I am thinking of leveling a mage on Lordaeron to PvE (mainly). Thought when I tried to level, it seems even slower than Blizzards 1x (even slower than vanilla). Then, on a topic here, I read that for the past 1-2 weeks, there are only 1 or 2 guilds running ICC. This seems dead to me ?? I assume if it is as hard as people say it is, then you cannot pug raids there so you need a guild.

So what do you guys think - Is it worth leveling there at this point ? How easy/hard is it to find a solid raiding guild? What do you think of the realm overall? Please back up your opinion if possible.

P.S. mage or DK ?
    Edited: February 8, 2020

2. You may have to find or make a guild with like-minded folks who aren't facerolling or bored with raiding. Getting into a PUG is hard because many require a very high Gear Score (that you only could have by having raided frequently) or for you to link the achievement proving you've done the raid... that you're trying to experience or learn.

3. June 4, 2020  
    Lordaeron is definitely worth the time and effort.
    I exclusively play classes that can be have tank or heal as an offspec. Leveling through RDF is a big joy for me, especially TBC content.

Lordaeron is not dead by any means. It is just as active as Icecrown. But on a different scale somewhat. Icecrown is like "if I wipe once or I dont kill Sindy in 25m pug it is a crap pug". On lordaeron "I got Fester down in a pug YAY it was a good run".

Players are different. Mentalities are different. Lordaeron community, for the most part, imho, much better (generally speaking).

Mages end game are really good. Early leveling, and as fresh 80 can be tough, due to longer RDF queues.
    if you like casters, I suggest going Boomkin (with heal OS), as boomie is needed in every ICC (at least 1).
    60+ is a joy due to starfall.
    Can heal dungeons in boomie spec. Glyph your innervate at 40 and its a GG.
    Ding 80 and heal dungeons to get boomie gear.

Finding a guild is important on Lordaeron. Be social. talk to people. Lordaeron is more social than Icecrown. GS & DPS is not everything on Lordaeron. People have to enjoy playing with you.
    I've played weekly ICC with so many "bad" players, but playing with them was just a blast in discord.