1. Disc - Extreme mana issues

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to Warmane and somewhat WotLK (ex-retail player WoD onwards), and as such, I felt a great desire to level my favourite class - priest. So far, most of the legends of "you drink after each mob" have somewhat come true when leveling, but that example becomes obvious when I find myself in a dungeon environment.

I have found that my mana can in no way sustain more than a few trash mobs at the same time and I need to regen mana literally every 20 seconds. Now, I have the feeling that's rather frustrating for the group, but most don't mention it out of politeness, as I can see that tanks and DDs start iching closer to pulling mobs even when I'm at sub-50% mana. Which, for the most part, would be okay if it was just one or two mobs, as I can continue drinking while monitoring my tank's HP, but if an extra pack tags along, it's semi-guaranteed wipe.

The reason I mentioned I come from retail is because there, if you've played the latest expansions, no spells are quite as taxing on mana, so I have the feeling I'm doing something extremely wrong in order to burn through my mana so fast. I have plenty of experience as a healer so I think it's more down to maybe using highest rank spell vs lower ranks, rather than mechanic errors. I also suspect my build might be a bit off, Armory link: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/talents , reason for my talents choice so far is rushing to reach the Meditation talent, which I'm hoping would ease up my game a little bit.

Outside of all this, is there anything else I can maybe do in order to make my life, and the life of my party, easier?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. This is why I consider deadmines harder than any 5-man dungeon, normal or heroic. Your tank needs to pull carefully, your dps need to pay extra attention to threat, as for you you can figure out whats your most mana efficient spell (usually longest casts) and never overheal, mana potions are also super important but dont overuse them or you'll run out of them fast. I made a lil macro myself when I started my priest to type /oom /p mana break just because of how often I needed to say that and it was my most usefull macro untill around lvl 50.
    You can also drink while tank is pulling and hasnt dropped to a dangerous hp lvl

GL

3. Step 1. Get your Meditation talent ASAP, since you're already close to it. Then follow up with getting Spirit Tap (NOT Improved Spirit Tap) and try to snipe killing blows on mobs with your wand.

Step 2. Mana pots as mentioned above.

Step 3. Try and get some more spirit on your gear. Intellect is great for your max mana pool, but spirit is a better regen stat until you have Rapture. In addition, it will scale with both talents mentioned in Step 1.

Step 3. The items that you do have are not that great for your level. The more dungeons you do, the more loot you should get. Alternatively, there may be some items you can get from the Tranquillien rep vendor, which aren't too difficult to get - by the time you complete all of the main-quest-chain quests in the Ghostlands, you will be able to buy all of the items. This is optional, though.

Step 4. Managing which spells you cast and when matters. Not casting for 5s will let you go back to full mana regen. Try not to cast a spell if you don't really need to heal, and when you do need to heal, try to use the cheapest heal you have that is the correct tool for the job.

4. Thanks a lot to both of you! I'll try and remember the tips!

5. Apart from using the 5 second rule (try to use it as early as possible), use your belf racial (use this in combat as opposed to before drinking) on CD when you hit ~85% mana, I’d suggest avoid using much other than flash heal and occasional shield to reinforce tank and save a dps who pulls aggro. Renew is a big mana drain and won’t be much effective healing in low dungeons.