1. Overwhelmed Newbie

So I'm coming to Warmane with little WoW experience. I played back in Vanilla/TBC, but never got past 40 on my hunter, I was just a bit overwhelmed. Never did quite figure out my abilities and how things worked, but I was younger then.

Group of friends in my Destiny 2 clan have started playing here, and I thought about joining them, but I've always felt WoW was daunting, at least in the earlier years. ALways been a shame as Frozen Throne was one of my favorite things growing up. Was really hoping to actually see Northrend, not sure if I'll ever do ICC, but that isn't something I';; have to worry about until much later.

Still find WoW daunting. Modern WoW has ARPG levels of abilites, but not so much here. I just don't want to be a useless sack of potatoes in Dungeons, I'm not so much worried about open world content. I'm pretty sure they already have established tanks/healers, I I could scrape by as a DPS. Only thing that's set in stone is the faction: Horde. Beyond that my main goal is to just not suck.

2. If your still leveling i wouldn't even be concerned with touching dungeons with randoms, just focus on leveling to 80 then consult any amount of class guides etc to give you better understanding of whatever class you have chosen.

3. Greetings!

I recommend that you have a little nose around for a good guild to join, there are plenty of guilds out there that are willing to take on newcomers and are more than willing to assist them with any questions about gameplay/lore they might have.

Which Server do you play on? If you have trouble finding a guild then you are most welcome in the one I currently reside in. The Warmane community doesn't bite (The majority, disregard the rest) As Thydus stated, guides are your best friend. If you've got any questions feel free to shoot.

Have a good stay.

4. Greetings!

I recommend that you have a little nose around for a good guild to join, there are plenty of guilds out there that are willing to take on newcomers and are more than willing to assist them with any questions about gameplay/lore they might have.

Which Server do you play on? If you have trouble finding a guild then you are most welcome in the one I currently reside in. The Warmane community doesn't bite (The majority, disregard the rest) As Thydus stated, guides are your best friend. If you've got any questions feel free to shoot.

Have a good stay.
    I already have a guild, but I appreciate the offer. My group from Destiny 2 came here and THey pretty much told me to play whatever. [as long as it's horde]
    I just don't want to be a drag. Played a Hunter back in 2007-09 when the game was live and I remember having all these buttons and not really being a good player. Trying to avoid that this time.

5. If you are intrested in pve only, perhaps do a class that do not require much skill, like arcane mage, balance druid or fury warrior, so you can focus more on boss mechanics and tactics and not on your own skill rotation.

Also, read some guides, they are really helpful and there is a lot of them. You can find a guide about almost any topic - how to lvl up, how to play pvp, how to play pve, how to skill your proffesions etc.

6. Thanks for the advice. I decided to start a Forsaken Warrior because that just sounded the most interesting to me. I'll see where it takes me. I've got a nice supportive guild behind me.