1. AH prices

I am trying to make heads of the AH right now. A lot/most crafted items are just prices at what they would be if you break down all the mats and buy them separately and in some cases the raw mats cost MORE than what the crafted item would to buy outright. That means people are undercutting prices SO MUCH they are operating at a Potential Loss.

-Do you check mat prices before posting a crafted item in AH?
    -If you do, do you price it above SUM cost?

I will not craft an item and sell it for less than the SUM price of the mats.

2. I am trying to make heads of the AH right now. A lot/most crafted items are just prices at what they would be if you break down all the mats and buy them separately and in some cases the raw mats cost MORE than what the crafted item would to buy outright. That means people are undercutting prices SO MUCH they are operating at a Potential Loss.

-Do you check mat prices before posting a crafted item in AH?
    -If you do, do you price it above SUM cost?

I will not craft an item and sell it for less than the SUM price of the mats.
    Then don't do it. Simple as that

3. Many people don't buy mats, they farm them.

4. Issues with an oversaturated market, people are incredibly impatient on warmane, = undercut by a large amount to sell NOW, think of the average pop of a server back then on retail before cross realm etc, it was nowhere near as populated as icecrown.

5. Many people don't buy mats, they farm them.
    Or buy them cheaper in bulk, instead of using AH.

6. Most likely they bought materials before squish panic for half the price they sell now.