1. 1.8 MH 1.8 OH was used on old WOTLK meta which didn't rely on DP because it didn't use any. additionally spec used for this purposes had even 5/5 DWS from combat talent tree which even greatly contributed to OH hit power, so in that meta 1.8 was somewhat better..
    .1.8 MH and 1.4 OH for current meta allows you to shiv DP at lowest possible energy cost (shiv guarantee poison hit btw - u should have DP on OH) and use envenom even on 1 CP to stack DP crazy fast - mostly used on switching targets. using it like this u will have 5 stacks of DP on ur target in no time even with some def cds up.

My 2 Cents

2. slow/ms effect via deadly brew on shiv >>>>>>> 1.4 dp shiv. logic should tell you this

3. The eviscerate spec doesn't really work in season 8 unless you have absolutely ridiculous PvE gear. Envenom ignoring armor is a large part of why assassination is viable. Unfortunately, the cost of that is that rogues using deadly poison lose a lot of control with blind, gouge, sap, and partners cc. I enjoy playing this mutilate spec, but don't expect to have any pressure compared to envenom unless you're over 6k gs with a lot of arp PvE gear, I'd say roughly 60% with talents. Playing full PvE gear with double 1.8 mutilate spec can be pretty wild, with people dying in cheap kidney combos if they don't have a trinket. The opening damage is pretty comparable with sub when you're set up like that, with mutilates hitting up to 8k and same with evis.

Edit: taking 5/5 talent points for the +50% proc chance on instant and running double instant poison is really effective in BGs and world PvP. You get your crippling procs off it and while you don't have healing reduction from wound, the proc rate and damage is so good from double instant that your pressure is massive in stuns anyway.

First 123